• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help I'm on 4.01E

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
I recently got a Wii game which required new firmware. I updated the firmware via Gecko OS, not normally. But now I look in the Wii options menu and I see that the IOS has upgraded to 4,01E. Which was previously 3.5 something. I don't want to open the homebrew channel now because I'm afraid it might brick my Wii.

What should I do?

Doq

Smash Lord
I recently got a Wii game which required new firmware. I updated the firmware via Gecko OS, not normally. But now I look in the Wii options menu and I see that the IOS has upgraded to 4,01E. Which was previously 3.5 something. I don't want to open the homebrew channel now because I'm afraid it might brick my Wii.

What should I do?
You should probably upgrade all the way to 4.3E. There are exploits even on that version.

Top Bottom