• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Making a Smash bros game

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizako

Smash Rookie
I'm Calling it Super Smash Bros HD, because I found a nice cover to it just search it up.
well I'm going to make this game only in PC using havok engine. i need help from you guys to tell me which character and games should i put there.

Character:
------------main
1. Mario
2. Kirby
3. Pikachu
4. Link
5. Fox
6. Wario
7. metaknight
8. pokemon trainer
9. Pit
10. Samus

Game:
1. lives
2. stamina
3. time
4. target test
5. home run

boss char:
Crazy hand
Master Hand
Bowser
Ganondorf
D3

Viox

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE the fact Ganon is a boss, i think u got the characters pretty much lined up though. As for games.. depends on how basic you want the game to be it's looking pretty alright tbh.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Forgive my extreme pessimism; this will never see the light of day. I welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong, but this is like project number 84 of a PC-based smash game. Like I said, all you smash project people need to combine forces to create one awesome project. It'd make much more sense that 100 people are contributing to one project and actually making progress as opposed to barely starting 100 individual projects.

Overload

Smash Lord
Forgive my extreme pessimism; this will never see the light of day. I welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong, but this is like project number 84 of a PC-based smash game. Like I said, all you smash project people need to combine forces to create one awesome project. It'd make much more sense that 100 people are contributing to one project and actually making progress as opposed to barely starting 100 individual projects.
This. Imagine how much more would get done with a team of people. Heck, you don't even have to work together in person. This would be the best way to get things done.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Dude have you SEEN super nuke bros? it's awesome you've been proven wrong.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Dude have you SEEN super nuke bros? it's awesome you've been proven wrong.
Yes, I have. It is one of my least favorite ones. It is certainly making the most progress, but it still has painful bugs and art I cannot stand. And it too is far from "done".

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
This, It would be 100x easier and get done faster too.

Smash 64, Melee and Brawl were made by a team...
Why can't the PC fan games do the same?

blizako

Smash Rookie
i can't do 2d characters unless some other people created them as 3D, so only the ones in 64, melee and brawl, i'm making bowser jr because i'm want him in there. OK movesets
A=scratch with claw
A-hold= keep scratching
A-right/A-left=scratch and punch
A-left/right+running= shell bash
down-a=scratch down
up-a=scratch up
hold+left/right-a=punch(like sonic)
hold+down-a= shell spin
hold+up-a=shell spike
b=flamebreath (but shorter than bowsers)
left/right-b= grab to body (like diddy kong)
down-b= sleeping liquid (like marios fludd but instead it's a paintbrush with sleeping inside, it won't push back)
up-b=flying shelling( like bowsers but has a lighter touch)
grab-up= B jr. puts the person on the back and makes a single hit on it.
grab-down= B jr. put them to floor and does a upsidedown sheel spin
grab-left/right= scratch
air+left/right-a= make 2 hand in 1 like DK and spike them down.
air+up-a= head hit like lucas or ness
air+down-a= leg drop

charater ripped from mario sunshine.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
There have been so many threads like this, where people said that they would make another smash game.

If you pull this off, congrats to you my brother. Just try to keep the characters reasonable.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Just start small, unless you want to be in development hell for two years, like SSF2.

norrispaunch

Smash Rookie
WOOT! THIs..... R ....... TEH PWNAGE!

I've seen the game logo and the pictures. They look awesome, and I think that you're really talented. I have a suggestion; so that it doesn't take WAY too long, you should start off with 1-4 characters and just 2 stages, and then keep releasing downloadable additions every once in a while. I also think that you should add some third party characters or at least include modding tools so that modders can add their own chars and stages. Sonic, Snake, maybe even Naruto or something like that.

demodemo

Smash Ace
come on...brainstorming movesets and what characters are locked should be the least of your worries

and what do you mean by "cover" anyway..

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
This thread has been dead for over a year. Please do not resurrect such threads without some relevant information. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom