• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Be Good Please

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I've began to realize that I'm better than pretty much everyone at this game.

Ken? LOL who's that?

PC? Like a computer?

Isai? Prolly gonna blow something up if I play him.

Anyways, I've noticed that in the beggining of tourney matches, I tend to ****.

Then, as the match progresses, I slowly begin to lose, even if I'm up a stock or 2.

My mind is getting weaker and I need to figure out how to strengthen my mind.

How in da hell?

Please help me someone with a strong mind.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well man what i can say, maybe is tht u get exited because u do are winning and, i dont know, u try to dodge everything or maybe, try to deffense a lot.. i dont know, taht should be something like that and u cut your inspiration when u are burning XD

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
omg just come to my house if you really are determined to be good and own mid(john)west in the boards and at smash when you go oos. ill own your bad habits and turn you into a god.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Andy says getting ahead early in the match may subconcoiusly let your guard down. Just try to conciously keep it up.
I was thinking the same thing at first.

But I worked on it and still lost to guini and sigh at XIF's last tourney after winning the whole time.

And I was way confident the whole match.

well man what i can say, maybe is tht u get exited because u do are winning and, i dont know, u try to dodge everything or maybe, try to deffense a lot.. i dont know, taht should be something like that and u cut your inspiration when u are burning XD
That could be it too.

sounds like your opponents quit toying with you half way through.
I thought that too, but I know I'm better than most of my opponents.

And no matter who I play(as long as the have good tech skill and some sort of mind games) I still end up slowly choking at the end.

No matter if its Lambchops or a 5 year old armless old lady.

come to my house and ill teach my son. I have nothing better to do anyway but be a fat bum at home.
If I lived closer I would quit work and just smash with you alllllll day.

Unfortunately I live an hour from anyone who is good.

Sounds like an overconfidence issue
Could be.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I meant... 'getting better' or 'winning matches'! Not beating Pritch!

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
What Rock said is true. Just try to stay focused... thats what I do..... I just say don't ease up in my mind.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Or, you could have me watch your matches...

All I ever say during mine or any other matches is "Don't worry about it" :D

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, just once you're ahead don't let up!!!

A lot of people don't think they do it, but subconsciously they let up once ahead and by then they've lost the momentum!!!

Now your opponent has it...once you've lost momentum in smash it's hard to get it back!!!

Momentum is a big part of matches and being able to do well!!!

A prime example of someone losing the momentum in a match is that Ek vs. Nihonjin match where Ek was about to 4 stock Nihonjin, but Nihonjin still won!!!

Ek was on a role (had the momentum) at the beginning, but then lost it and Nihonjin gained control of the match!!!

If you notice, Ek kept going for f-smashes and HOPING it'd hit since he was getting desperate...he was not in control of the match at all by the time Nohinjin took his 2nd stock off, and from there it was a lost cause as Ek was most likely frustrated/nervous!!!

:colorful:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
sounds like your opponents quit toying with you half way through.
Or maybe the person figure out how you play. A very observative oppenent can do that, and there are alot of them out there. If you see the oppenent doing that flip-the-script that might help you.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
doodah= too good, just keep on gaying out when ur winning dont change ur play style just cuz ur winning during a match, so u dont allow them to come back.

mad friendlies at giga son!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Shouldn't this thread be in another section?

I watched your vids at that Luigini Triweekly vid thread thing.

You seemed to start making mistakes the more stocks that are taken off of you or if something siginifigantly bad happens. The biggest mistake you make as the match goes on is spacing and being patient. Usually, you had nice spacing and would play like I would call gay, but others might say "defensive." (Nice euphemism) You would stop spacing like you normally would and stop camping and go after your opponent when you start getting desperate or halfway through the match (which ever comes first). You lose both of those abilities as the match goes on and so you start getting punished more often. In addition, you make small mistakes like missing kill oppurtunities, bad edgeguarding decisions, etc.

FOCUS. Remember to mind your spacing and to stick with your strengths (which is camping XD). For the small mistakes, stop being stupid. lol jk jk

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
step 1:pick Ness
Step 2:Fair a lot
Step 3:pick up money from tourney coordinator

:D
If you do one or two and manage to do step 3, you either: A. Cheated B. Did not win any matches using the first two steps but stole the money from the tourney coordinator or C. You are godly and should be praised.

XD

I live an hour from anyone good, too. . . . . . .so yeah.

Top Bottom