• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me fight Diddy mains

MastaShake99

Smash Journeyman
I am so lost as to how to approach diddy.
the bananas overwhelm me
what are his weaknesses?
And what should i do about the bananas?

any help is appreciated

ron561

Smash Journeyman
well you could start by jumping over the bananas...and learning how far the bananas go with and without glide toss..

lol if you don't know how to approach just do fair..u grab the bananas while ur doing it..

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hmm...I was thinking about making this thread in the Diddy forums. Go to the discussion thread though, it's Diddy week >_>

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
learning how far the bananas go with and without glide toss..
Kirby has no Glide toss :ohwell:

But he Can stop the Peanut-Popgun with the 3rd animation of his jab (the blue punches). Its not a rock solid deffense, but since it has multiple hits, it can stop some incoming peanuts.

The only way to get hit is if you take a peanut near a part above his eyes on the top of the head. That or if your opponent is an extremely good timed player and manages to make a peaunut go through the jab.

I found this messing arround trying to find something useful to use against DDkong. If some one could mess arround with it and make something out of it, even better.

It won't win you the match but it can make DD reposition himself, or make him doubt the popgun aproach in general and not use it in the match.

Other than that, Stayz away from da Bannanaz :dizzy: . Fight him in the air and watch his Fairs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

But he Can stop the Peanut-Popgun with the 3rd animation of his jab (the blue punches). Its not a rock solid deffense, but since it has multiple hits, it can stop some incoming peanuts.

The only way to get hit is if you take a peanut near a part above his eyes on the top of the head. That or if your opponent is an extremely good timed player and manages to make a peaunut go through the jab.

I found this messing arround trying to find something useful to use against DDkong. If some one could mess arround with it and make something out of it, even better.

It won't win you the match but it can make DD reposition himself, or make him doubt the popgun aproach in general and not use it in the match.

Other than that, Stayz away from da Bannanaz :dizzy: . Fight him in the air and watch his Fairs.
The biggest problem I've found with Vulcan Jab is that his bananas go RIGHT through it. :[

And who knows, I've heard Diddy's Side B goes through projectiles, maybe it goes through vulcan jab too?

ron561

Smash Journeyman

um i didnt say kirby did have glide toss...

he said bananas are overwhelimin him..so i suggested he learns how far bananas can be thrown with and without glide toss...:ohwell:

MastaShake99

Smash Journeyman
yeah i got that thanks ron561.
i really dislike diddy now...
so it seems like i should take an air approach

ron561

Smash Journeyman
not necessarily..if you take an air approach all the time your going to be effed over against a smart opponent who will eventually adjust.

as i said,learn how far those bananas can go,use fair to catch those bananas,and stay in his face.don't let him run to the side to pull out bananas.

most diddy's will not risk the punishment of pulling out bananas in close combat.they tend to run to the side and pull them out.stay up in his face.watch for the fsmash spam,even take his peanut power if you have to.

Believe it or not,those peanuts can really help.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
um i didnt say kirby did have glide toss...

he said bananas are overwhelimin him..so i suggested he learns how far bananas can be thrown with and without glide toss...:ohwell:
lol, guess I misunderstood :laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And who knows, I've heard Diddy's Side B goes through projectiles, maybe it goes through vulcan jab too?
I can't remember any specific example, but I vaguely remember it having gone through a vulcan jab in one of my matches before. I could be wrong though.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
out space his throws, and eat/catch the Bananas.

Kirby doesn't have a glide toss? This is news to me... But it doesn't matter much, throw them in the air :D

Top Bottom