• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me improve my lousy Peach

Emina

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roo8i6-0FPE&feature=channel_page

Had to play without my contacts or my backup glasses >.<. But this was the only time I could actually get my friend to record a video so yea...
My Peach is far away from getting serious competitively, and I easily lose my momentum when I play :/

Falco makes me panic for no reason :[ He makes me spam toad to protect myself.
Please tell me what I definitely need to improve before I try even playing on a ladder again :x (tournaments are a definite no until I improve >:l)

EDIT: Here's one where I actually had my contacts in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miViITcD5IA&feature=channel

I hate DK.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
at around 1:30 sh dairs would've been safer and would've probably hit rather than dash grabs. at 1:40 you uthrow'd falco at 40 percent or so. at that percent dthrow into utilt or bair still works well. A few times you tried an up throw turnip edgeguard but since when is falco gonna ever get hit by that? you could've tried to throw it at him offstage since if you do end up hitting him he's probably dead w/ an edgehog to his up b. nair ***** illusion also. anyway your peach is pretty good despite that falco making heeeeellla mistakes (recovered illusion to the stage with like the same timing every single time). srsly, go to a tournament, that's rly how you get better anyway and your peach is good, i'm sure u'll do just fine. ;o

ducky98

Smash Cadet
I'm not really good with peach myself, but a few things against the DK is saw were: you always approached the same way always a floating dair or bair i would put some glide tosses in, also you only grabbed once, also you always used retreating fairs try mixing it up throw a turnip in air then fairing or so on so forth, you don't have to always use fair as a kill move when the dk was edge guarding (1:08) i would of faired hoping for a kill and disrupting his tempo. Just work at it a bit mroe and you should be fine. (wow i said also alot)

SPYMOFT

Smash Cadet
up-smash on falco's illusion, do it right before he uses the illusion and it'll hit him.

try to avoid rolling too much, glide tossing away from the opponent is a much better retreat. (when you have a turnip of course), but dont retreat from characters with long ranged weapons.

d-air, d-air, d-air!!! It's not called spamming if you link d-air into different combos.

avoid using b on falco since the spores can be reflected on you if he hits toad with a down-b.

don't give characters too much spacing, especially if they have long distant weapons.

edge-guarding, learn that and you shall increase the damage dealt, even if only a little.

turnips are a useful tool, learn to utilize them more often (except on certain characters).

floating too much against falco can easily lead to an upsmash sending you high up.

thats just a few of my tips. you're pretty good, just keep practicing and don't give up, you look like you already got most of the basics and a few advanced things down, keep it up and good luck developing your peach!!

Gea

Smash Master
Posted some comments on youtube. Did so on the match with DK as well. You just need to play more and become quicker/more aware of what they will probably do. Your friend is about on the same level as you, so don't feel bad.

Top Bottom