• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me improve? Sheik vs. Peach critique

Isis?

Smash Rookie
I feel pretty strong in the matchup, but I feel as though there is a major flaw in my general strategy that I can't see on my own, and new eyes may be able to spot it. Any insight would be appreciated. Also, this is against Azusa, who is probably the second or third best peach in Norcal.

P.S. Don't be alarmed at the infinite stocks we played this the night before Rule 6 and didn't want to keep going back to character select. Lol. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOLjxZEsWLE

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Infinite stock is fun.

Don't move into Peach with nair after you do it OOS at low percents. Just don't.

You get d-tilted a lot but I can't figure out why.

I feel like you could bair at a lot of these fairs... when Peach is in the air I usually just bair at her a lot. F-tilt and fair can also be good because they set up good combos but bair is the easiest to hit and it also sets up decent stuff.

I feel you could be fading away from him a bit better with your SHs... you don't really need to FF during the empty SH... the FF is more if you hit him / swing at him. It feels like you're moving like half the distance you need to defend against some of his rushed approaches which is weird. Are you using the control stick + A for your aerials?

I think you could use needles more. Needle grab is a pretty good setup. Needles are also good for disrupting turnip pulls and encouraging Peach to jump or shield, which allows you to gay her with grabs or range. Aerial needle on platform > run off fair > another aerial / f-tilt / grab is a really basic setup once you start pulling Peach into your space after sufficient trolling. I saw you use needle > run off bair once, which was kind of neat, but you need to follow up on stuff like that or at least continue to pressure IMO. You can do a bunch of stuff, but retreating the whole stage isn't a productive use of an opening.

I think you can grab him more. A lot of times he just runs at you with low float aerials or whatever. I think you can just DD grab those; the window never seems hard except vs her fair (which I recommend you just stuff with priority or avoid altogether).

Use uair in combos. To extend them or finish with a vertical KO.

Isis?

Smash Rookie
Exactly the kind of things I was looking for, so thank you very much. Great to know that a player at such a high caliber still cares so much about helping the lesser players out. Need more people like that in the community.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you hit Peach out of her float with a combo move, I generally try to do uair combos for as much damage as I can because without her float she doesn't really have a good way to position herself when she's coming down (her DJ sucks, Up+B is easy to track, her aerials are beaten or stuffed by ours). So then you can just do basic bair poking strategies (SH bair, bair > f-tilt, etc) and cover tons of her options. It does a good job of finishing the combo and allows you to tack on a lot of damage.

If she's without her jump and her float, fair > f-tilt chains are really good.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I recently went to my first ever tournament and also had trouble with Peach, I ended up losing 2-1 and getting knocked out of the tournament. What would you suggest as for as stage selections. Also, do you know an example of Aerial needle on platform > run off fair > another aerial / f-tilt / grab? I'm having difficulty visualizing it properly.

Top Bottom