• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with Snake...please?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
IT's impossible to only have 1 frame to grab some one on a chain grab, if our grab is out for 2 frames there is always gonna be 2 frames to grab the person minimum.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
IT's impossible to only have 1 frame to grab some one on a chain grab, if our grab is out for 2 frames there is always gonna be 2 frames to grab the person minimum.
Based on the frame testing from a standstill, it ended up being the case.

I forget what exact frame numbers they were, but it broke down something like this on consecutive frames:

Frame 4 grab input: Missed grab
Frame 3 grab input: Successful regrab
Frame 2 grab input: Roll cancel

So it was only one frame. Obviously spacing is a factor. So really it would only be a factor if you don't Dthrow > Fthrow transfer on Jiggs and simply waited a second before chain grabbing. That first throw is going to be a one frame window.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
You're right, I didn't factor the change in hitbox and spacing from frame 6 &7. This should only be the case for small characters though since the change in spacing from the grab hit box isn't mych.

When chain grabbing someone in frame advance did you test different spacings of poop and nana?

DeLux

You're right, I didn't factor the change in hitbox and spacing from frame 6 &7. This should only be the case for small characters though since the change in spacing from the grab hit box isn't mych.

When chain grabbing someone in frame advance did you test different spacings of poop and nana?
I haven't figured out a reliable procedure to test different spacings yet. And jigglypuff is the only character that the one frame phenomenon occurs. Everyone else is safe from that assuming a hard turn is performed. I haven't figured out soft turning

We really ought to move/have moved the cg stuff to the cg thread I'm working on :)

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Also, spacing is very important when chain grabbing snake. You might be timing in right but have the wrong spacing which gives you the false conclusion that your timing is wrong. If you grab snake while you're inside of nana your spacing should be correct

swordgard

Smash Hero
Also, spacing is very important when chain grabbing snake. You might be timing in right but have the wrong spacing which gives you the false conclusion that your timing is wrong. If you grab snake while you're inside of nana your spacing should be correct
All chaingrabs timings are relative to your position. Jiggs is easy to cg too, if you correctly manipulate your position the window becames much larger.

DeLux

Based on preliminary frame testing, there window is at most 4 frames and at worst 2 frame, even when accounting for spacing. For the most part, the window is 2-3 frames.

Much larger is debatable. Percentage wise there's a huge time increase. But actual time length is only 1 more frame.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
IDK if any1 said this yet but stay synced and the best time to go in for an attack is when the snake pull to grenades and retreats from both of them thats what i do when i play HRnut if u get a grab try to get him to about 70% and go for a spike or just keep chaining him till like 130% at the end of the edge and Fsmash him.. only time i desync as IC is when the snake likes to drop the grenades in front of him when hes cooking them just space blizzard when he dose this.
like at 1:00 you shouda chased him and gone for a grab
also at 1:17 you coulda slowed down your run and piviot grab him and in a couple other spots you coulda had atomsk but just work on it bro you go it

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well I played a good snake in tournament yesterday and won 2-0 on battlefield and halberd :).

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Even though this is me being slightly dazed and bored, good job Hylian.

Still don't like your style too much but hope you do better. :)

...WHATS WRONG WITH ME RIGHT NOW?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Even though this is me being slightly dazed and bored, good job Hylian.

Still don't like your style too much but hope you do better. :)

...WHATS WRONG WITH ME RIGHT NOW?
Well, I changed my style against snake and it's working out better lol. So you might like my more recent matches if any of them get uploaded.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Oh, that would be nice tbh. As long as you stop trying to finish off people when they're not 20% lower than normal kill percent.

idk where vids of you would be uploaded to anyway.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh, that would be nice tbh. As long as you stop trying to finish off people when they're not 20% lower than normal kill percent.

idk where vids of you would be uploaded to anyway.
Lol I almost never do that, that is just me choking in tournament :/.

My new style basically focuses on forcing snake to roll and then grabbing him out of it. I'm really good at reading rolls and spotdodges so I just try to force a roll and almost always get a grab out of it. I also practiced chaingrabbing a ton so I can actually kill them from it.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
inb4Iputinlotsofvideoevidence.

Im terrible at punishing rolls and spotdodges. Even if I know they're coming I just cant punish them. Especially falcos, ****ing 3 frames of vulnerability is broken.

Top Bottom