• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
I Just Want To Know If Im Making A Lot Of Obvious Mistakes While Using Zelda Could You Rate My Zelda And Give Any Kind Of Help. Heres A Link To A Gamebattles Match Against The Bes Pit On Ganebattles.
Btw Sorry About The Music

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol at your grammar and the fact that there is no video in the link that you provided.:)

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
It Didnt Upload Right It Will Be There Soon. Btw Im Tryin To Type In The Dark. I Know Not The Best Idea. It Looks Like I Need More Help Than I Thought.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You are overall a very food Zelda... pit is just a tough matchup and you didn't play, in my opininion, quite agressively enough to beat him.

As for specific problems:
-WAY too many spotdodges... I don't think you should EVER have to use as many as you did in that single match.. I didn't count them... but I'd be interested to see how many there were total.
- Around the halfway point of the match, you missed an easy, easy gimping opportunity
- The pit was pwning you towards the end of the match... you got lucky he suicided
- overall you seemed... hrmm... scared? of the pit. you kept dodging and retreating... Well... Zelda's got a lot of range and priority that tends to let her win out over ather attacks... but you have to attack to make that happen... too much of your game was "evade" oriented IMO and not enough was "counter"

BUT... overall, you had aVERY good zelda... you have a little room for improvement, we all do, but you've gotta be one of the most compitent zeldas on these boards

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Haha, nice usage of songs. You're a fan of DOA? Im too! :) Though Ayane's DOA2 theme, Tehutehu was kinda messed up.

You're Zelda is pretty good. But I think that you'll improve greater if you try to think through just what Sonic said.

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
I Put The Forward And Backwards Version Of The Song I Tried To Put It Together. I Love That Song.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
You play a lot like me, which I don't think is a bad thing!

Do you spotdodge when you think? I used to have a bad habit of spotdodging when I was thinking of what to do next rather than use an attack or something. I still do kind of have this habit but its not as bad. If you get some friends to play against and turn off your block on your controller setup it will teach some ways to deal with things that characters do rather than spotdodging.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'll take a look at your video after I go home from class because the server is too slow right now.

I'll edit this post with general comments and time stamp specific comments later.

Edit:
There was no real clock on the video like youtube, so I'll just keep it general.

Don't forget to use grabs every once in awhile.
Don't challenge glide attacks. There are times when it's ok but for now concentrate on avoiding it.
Work on hitting your kicks and up airs.
Be aware of when you're becoming repetitive in your offense and defense. Specifically rolling or air dodging a certain way all the time.
Pit is very fragile. After he reaches about 50%, save your upsmash until he's around 95-110 for ending his stocks quicker.
Above all keep practicing basic spacing and reading. It'll makes things much easier.

Good luck.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
I like your Zelda. It really did seem like you were afraid for most of the match. Towards the end you had a bit of a momentum going. I liked how you used NL and your power shields into Dsmashes. You played a decent game.

Comments:

Capitalize. You had some nice down tilts where he tripped and immediately after you started spot dodging or shielding. Throw out a Dsmash to at least punish him some.

Shield Grab. It can lead into things and disrupts the other players momentum. There were a couple of times where it would have been beneficial.

Harrass. You hit him to the side and then you just settled for Din's Fire edgeguarding. Zelda has a great Usmash and Uair that work on pit... keep the pressure on him. Use a fireball while jumping to approach the edge. He has good recovery so you don't necessarily have to follow him all the way out but don't roll away from the edge and let him come back for free.

Agressiveness. I actually thought you did good at this towards the end. You air dodged through his attacks and punished. Just remember there is a time for everything. There is a time to spot dodge and times where you shouldn't. Also use the Uair more... I think there were one or two times where you could have used it but you wanted to lightning kick instead.

I dunno what else to say. I've actually repeated a lot of stuff but maybe in a different light. Hope this helps and keep working on your Zelda man. You're a good spot dodger lol but remember every move has a time and place. Good work man :)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
You seem like you think of a move and just do it without thinking ahead.

Overall, you're a good Zelda, but you're not really paying attention to Pit. Sometimes you jump at him expecting him to stay where he is, and when he moves out of position, you get a little lost and punished lots.

Try watching yourself AS YOU PLAY a match. This kind of thing can be seem against CPUs, so you can try to practice any time. Do not think in this linear manner where you kind of hope a move works. For example, whenever you FWd, I knew exactly where you were going to aim. This kind of predicability is your worst enemy and is primarily how someone gets punished.

Basically, never know what you're going to do. Trying playing a bunch of matches where you keep your eye on the enemy at ALL times. Get used to when/how they counter and learn how to counter a counter - don't always jump at them. Fake out. FW away, jump towards them then hold away from them, use more Din glides, etc... A big tip I learned from Smashboards is that learning to simply walk out of their range is one of the best ways to counter.

Obviously Zelda's approach is not the best in the game, so use Din's or SHFFNair to pressure them.

Anyway, hope that helps.

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
I Kinda Got Nervous Because He Was The Best Pit On Gamebattles And Also I He Was Like The Second Pit I Ever Played. I Lack Aggressiveness In Evry Game I Play I Dont Know Why.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
If said poster would quit trying to type in all caps, he/she'd be fine.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Oh my ^^ You played Electro Sun ^^
Watch out for his smashes and glide attacks
Shield them and punish, they shouldn't push you too far for a shield-grab
If he's too close to you, don't Nayru's use your shield, if you're in the air use Nayru's to reflect, they may hit him even if they're in crazy angles, Nayru's will reflect them like a mirror

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
Thank You Guys For All Of Your Help Hopefully I Can Take It And Apply It Properly

ShadowCosmos

Smash Cadet
I guess when you spotdodged you could have thrown in a few more Dsmashes. I don't play many pits so I don't have any character specific advice, but I do think the Dsmash is a great move of Zelda's and it comes out in what, 2 frames I heard in the Movelist discussion?, so it can come out of the spot dodge quickly.

And yea, what the others said. I can't say it any better =P. You also didn't use your tilts much. I like the Utilt sometimes better than the Usmash because it seems, to me, to have a little larger Horizontal hitbox than the Usmash, but the Usmash will beat out most moves. But yea, you did quite well.

luvs2pluck

Smash Apprentice
pretty good zelda. nice use of spotdodging but it got a little repetitive in the beginning. you didn't use ftilit or utilt at all which would have gotten you the kills when you had pit at the higher percentages. but overall pretty great skills

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
IM GONNA POST MORE VIDEOS IF ANYONES INTERESTED. IT TOOK ME TEN YEARS TO FIND A CONVERTER THAT WORKED. HOPEFULLY YOU COULD WATCH ME IMPROVE OVERTIME. THANKS GUYS THE UTILT IS MY NEW FAVORITE MOVE NOW. AWESOME ADVICE. MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS DUMBLUCK(letter)o7.

PS YOU WANNA PLAY ME? MY
BRAWL CODE IS 4038 5688 0779

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
IM GONNA POST MORE VIDEOS IF ANYONES INTERESTED. IT TOOK ME TEN YEARS TO FIND A CONVERTER THAT WORKED. HOPEFULLY YOU COULD WATCH ME IMPROVE OVERTIME. THANKS GUYS THE UTILT IS MY NEW FAVORITE MOVE NOW. AWESOME ADVICE. MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS DUMBLUCK(letter)o7.

PS YOU WANNA PLAY ME? MY
BRAWL CODE IS 4038 5688 0779
I could brawl you... I wanna see how good you really are.... having AIM would help a lot <_< but leave me a profile message when you want to brawl if you don't have AIM...

... oh... and stop typing in all caps.... it's really irritating

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If youre going to play defensive, at least use more Dins! I think you used about 5 in the entire match!!

Don't be too predictible with the Fsmashes..

When you knock him far away you should sometimes follow up with a Dins to try to get an easy star KO.

Use more grabs! especially shield grabs.

Keep ignoring Faroes offensive capabilities if you want to stay defensive.

Good luck! :)

Top Bottom