• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Falcon. [Advice needed badly]

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Video Links
FoD (Falcon vs Fox)
PS (Falcon vs Fox)
FD (Falcon vs Fox)
FD2 (Falcon vs Fox)
Dream Land (Falcon vs Fox)

Information
I'm having problems with approaches on Space Animals and a lot of Peach difficulties. I'll list them below:

• Fox
    Approach: I don't really know what to do with Approaching Fox, if he approaches me I normally get nair'd/shined out of my shield. Is it best to block the lasers with your shield or let them hit you and hit him whilst hes firing those lasers? Combo'ing him seems to be okay at the moment, but I need to fix out my precision, this videos have a lot of flaws in my game play I've noticed and correcting right now, so if I don't reply to points you know why.
  • Falco
    His approach ***** me, Don't know what to do at all, if I jump over the lasers what am I supposed to do after I jump them? It's insane. When he laser approaches he normally does a shine and breaks me out of my shield if I'm shielding, I hardly spot dodge, perhaps this would fix it? I don't know tell me what Falcon needs to do against Falco. I tech chase a lot which you may have seen, my tech chasing is better than what it is in those videos now, please bare that in mind.
  • Peach
    I get absolutely ***** by her, I don't know what to do about her edge guarding, if she gets me I just get pumbelled, if I get back to the edge, she dsmashes and theirs nothing much I can do about it, she can up throw me and chain grab, especially if the peach player knows what their doing and is very good.
  • Sheik
    Don't know how to to approach her properly, and I need to know ways to kill her and get cheap kills into her, I know Sheik players always go for the ledge as she needs it really badly for her recovery, so I guess edgegaurding her will be ok, but besides that, how the heck does a Falcon deal with a Sheik?

Please help me with this I really need some advice and some urls to videos that could really help.

I've been told to watch the following Falcon players for the characters:
Fox - DarkRain or Isai
Falco - DarkRain or Isai
Peach - GAWes
Sheik - Isai

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
- Fox: If the fox is really defensive and likes to spot dodge a lot, best to let him come to you. I sometimes use a dair at the last moment when he's charging you to hit him as he passes under. If he starts doing laser spam, run up and grab him, and start your tech chasing. He won't be able to put away his gun fast enough if you're not too far away (less than full distance of FD). The only exception to this is if he's SHL-ing because then he has no lag. The fox you play doesn't seem to cautious from what I see so give aggressive play a shot. If you approach then use properly spaced nairs or well-aimed dairs that put you out of sheild grab range (behind him).

- Falco: The lasers really aren't that bad...hop over them or power shield and approach again with smart nairs/dairs. Don't ever bother spot dodging with CF, especially vs spacies. The spot dodge lag is way too much. Don't hang in your shield too much, and if he's pillaring you,don't try to shield grab (assuming he's doing frame perfect pillars). Best to roll away. You can sometimes shield grab him from a SHL approach but this is risking getting shined.

A little note about your tech chasing, you should also try chasing with stomps and knees or even raptor boost. It will help get you kills faster.

- Peach: Be defensive vs a good peach. Space your attacks (heck every matchup for CF involves good spacing), and use uairs to rack up most damage. At low percents, use down throw to nair/uair. Around 75% give or take, you can down throw to knee. But be very wary of peach pulling out that last minute nair. It may take a couple of matches but you will be able to recognize when you can or can't follow up with a combo without peach doing a last second aerial. Bair can be a good KO move at high %'s. As much as possible don't go near the edges. If you're knocked off but coming from below, ledge tech her down smash edgeguard. Probably one of the easiest to ledgetech since it's duration is so long.

- Sheik: Huh, i dunno, good sheiks still **** me :dizzy: All I can say is very aggresive edgeguarding/hogging on your part is needed. Up throw to knee at 70%-ish works IIRC. Don't stick too much in your sheild, and be cautious when shield grabbing her aerials because sheiks like to shffl them and spam a tilt right after that will stop your grab. DI up and towards the stage when you're hit in the air, especially if it's her fair. You'll most likely be playing defensively this match. Her needles are a pain....her tech chasing is a pain....her side dodging is a pain....overall I hate this matchup. -.-

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
Why are you dairing into nairs and uairs? Always stick a knee in there instead, except when you're using some g-reg mindgames with their DI.

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
65-70% uthrow to knee works on shiek. (taken from the greatest falcon thread). Approach with tons of uairs, I've gotten many a uair to knee by using mindgames and predicting how they will react. Around 10-30%, if you get a dair and they pop by your head, grab them and continue the punishment. Needlespamming camping shieks are a *****, you've just got to keep sticking really close to their ***, try to uair them when they jump, the uair also happens to stop the needles. Try to get rid of their second jump when edgeguarding, always stay on the ledge and force her to get on the stage, then ledgehop a knee in her massive up-b stuntime. Most of this stuff I'm sure you've all read before.

About the videos--
I saw you trying to use some raptors to catch them out of an dair, don't, because as you noticed, they tech and you fail. Instead, grab them, and then techchase and combo from there on. The best time for using raptors is when Fox is SHLing, the lasers don't do any knockback to you, and you can might catch them before they hit the ground with the raptor. If you want, for some ubermindgames, do a raptor into another raptor if they are at the correct height (just above your head). Their head will asplode, then knee them.

chesterwester

Smash Rookie
I'm not much of an expert, but from the videos vs. fox...
I think you're relying too much on the side-b. Fox is hitting you before you can hit him. I'd try mixing it up with grabs instead of side-b's due to it not having the delay that side-b has.

I wish I could give you some solid tips on peach, but I can tell you what I've done in my experience:
If you're having trouble with d-smashes...
I'd recommend doing more fake-outs. When peach is forced to continue the d-smash, take her on with an aerial attack.

Hope that helps.

Baseline

Smash Rookie
shiek- at lower damages u can techchase her like a space animal. i think its like 0-40% not sure. uair does wonders especially if she is above u. I think that matchup is about who can combo who first. do everything what taalcon says and it will help.

fox- upthrow to fsmash works at I believe from 90% to 120%. bair to knee works at the same percentages if not soonerand stomp bair to knee i think at 60. u can do the darkrain combo upthrow to dtilt at i think 65 or 70 ish but if they di away im not sure. techchase as much as u can and try the techchases abit rusty says. U probally already read this already but if u haven't i hope this helps. Also abit rusty thanks for the falco advice i have more trouble with falco than with foxes. i think the same stuff works on falco except on different percentages and the darkrain combo deal? someone correct me if im wrong cause again i have problems fightin falco

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
shiek- at lower damages u can techchase her like a space animal. i think its like 0-40% not sure. uair does wonders especially if she is above u. I think that matchup is about who can combo who first. do everything what taalcon says and it will help.

fox- upthrow to fsmash works at I believe from 90% to 120%. bair to knee works at the same percentages if not soonerand stomp bair to knee i think at 60. u can do the darkrain combo upthrow to dtilt at i think 65 or 70 ish but if they di away im not sure. techchase as much as u can and try the techchases abit rusty says. U probally already read this already but if u haven't i hope this helps. Also abit rusty thanks for the falco advice i have more trouble with falco than with foxes. i think the same stuff works on falco except on different percentages and the darkrain combo deal? someone correct me if im wrong cause again i have problems fightin falco
I like to be safe and do up throw to fsmash around 93%-110%-ish. Below 93% and you might miss by a hair. Anything past 110% you can do a shffl'd knee. And yes, combos on spacies are basically the same for both, you can probably get away with slightly less damage on falco before starting something since he's lighter (or falls slower, not sure which). The %'s barely differ. The down tilt after up throw works around 65% for either.

Top Bottom