• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my friend's mother GAIN a million bucks!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Link to original post: [drupal=4395]Help my friend's mother GAIN a million bucks![/drupal]

My Mom last week was playing around on Facebook and spotted a contest where you have to promote about the product Gain. At first she didn't want to enter in the contest but then she saw that winners would be announced on her birthday, and she was going on about how she would love to be the winner on her birthday.

I helped her make a video for her to enter in the contest (I am the guy who is suppose to be a robber) but I need people to view the video, and I instantly thought of CE.

Please guys, I really would love to help my Mom win this million dollars. All you have to do is log in your facebooks, click the link below and watch the video through the whole way.

Thank you in advance!

http://apps.facebook.com/gainmillionbucks/pages/Gallery.php?video_id=291

If smashers can help me out here... You might see me on the EAST COAST scene for once (or even WEST!) He's thinking of helping me out and getting out here to visit me if they win, it'd be amazing! If any of you know Junebug or Dark Peach, LilZero has met and played them both in tournament. He's an amazing player with great potential as well.

Please help us out if you can! Spread the word as well! Make sure you carry that facebook link with you!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Cause Smash community helps one another out?

I read the title as "Hold my friend's mother GAIN a million bucks" :urg:
I'll do it once I'm uncapped :)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wait why exactly would we want to help this woman over someone else.
Well, is there anyone else on that list you're trying to help? If there is, help us too! Because top 25 get up there, not just the top entry.

Also, if you help his mom win this, my friend benefits from this, and thus he will help me reach out to bigger and farther out events (like Genesis and the like). I'm a lonely Indy smasher with hardly any transportation, but I main two characters that need more rep on both coasts. :wario::pit:

LilZero

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am the friend Krystedez is trying to help (I am that "robber" in the video).

You see, my Mom wanted to enter in this tournament because ironically the winners are announced on her birthday. I helped her in making the video for her so she could have something for the contest (you had to promote about Gain).

I would love help so she could win and I didn't know who to ask for help.

TL?

Smash Ace
She won't win. You'll all just feel silly after you made a commercial for a product you don't even care about for absolutely nothing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I love how supportive the community is LOL

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's okay. If he doesn't want to help, it's not in his interest. Whether she wins or not is entirely up to you guys! She WILL win if she gets up in the top 25 and the judges like it enough and vote for it! She needs at least probably 500 or so views to get in the top 25 bracket (the top 25th most viewed currently has about 260 or so views)

Thanks a lot for all of your guys' support so far, in one day he's already doubled his view count! (from 31 to 61) Let's keep it going! Remember, all it needs is views! As long as you have seperate facebook accounts viewing it, it will get more!

If LilZero ends up winning, I will definitely be able to come out to more tournaments on the coasts with him. I will MM anyone with Wario and Pit, and even friendly whoever, because we need more MW rep on the coasts! (And LZ is a great Luigi main too)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol this is just too lulzy

I liked how we can all help vote for Azua to win some rainbow leg warmers though :)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Of course, all our problems are our own problems.

Hence them being our problems.

If I am to help people who are completely ineffectual to my own life, why would I help someone's mother's friend rather than someone whose life I can actually safe with the same (or hell, even less) effort?

Oh, because we're all smashers?

Rather help the Sudanese. After all, we're all

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Instead of being so rash and unhelpful in my blog, you could attempt to provide me with a way to help others as well by... blogging about it on your own. Hell, you could have even provided a link to where you think the attention desired should go to, whether it be a Unicef education fund for some part of Africa, or a non-for-profit agency where a dollar or two can be donated in a few simple clicks.

Instead of being, you know, a total censor-dodging silly-head. Come on, Chair.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I am to help people who are completely ineffectual to my own life, why would I help someone's mother's friend rather than someone whose life I can actually safe with the same (or hell, even less) effort?

Oh, because we're all smashers?

Rather help the Sudanese.
You could write your own blog about causes you support rather than barging in on someone else's.

On topic, I wouldn't mind helping, but I don't trust corporations with my personal information. Gain wouldn't be doing this unless they had something to, uh, gain.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
lol... all it is is to ensure your profile name is counted toward the view count.

Isnt there a way to turn off their access anyways? I mean god damn, FBers always allow farmville and **** access their stuff, but they're afraid of a ... laundry detergent company seeing that they viewed a video? o.o

MSG

Smash Cadet
People might be more motivated if you offered the smash community something in return for voting... Like at least offer to sponsor a tournament or something if we actually win...

Otherwise, its just "help this random person make more money than you'll ever have!" Why exactly are we interested in helping some guy's friend's mother get filthy rich?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
1.) It's not voting, it's watching the video.

2.) I would love to do something for the community, including running a tournament at a nice venue or something if I were to win. Or add a cash amount to a tournament's pot.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The point is I know him and his mother personally. And I also have my voice in the video.

Edit: But yea the point is since I helped him with replacing copyrighted music with my wonderful voice (yea right...), that if they end up winning they'll give me some of the money. LZ's mom doesn't know how to video edit so he did it himself.

Top Bottom