• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help! n00b question. please dont flame.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
i never realy understood shfflc'ing. :(

what does it look like?(can some one post a vid?)

how does it actually work?

what are the advantages of useing it?

and other stuff like that.

so basically,
can some one describe shfflc'ing to me in detail?

thank you so verymuch

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Shfflc'ing is basically Short Hop, any aerial A moves (not to be confused with using B moves in the air), falling down fast (holding down while being in the air), and pressing L, R, or Z right before you hit the ground.

Pressing L, R or Z before you hit the ground shortens the lag of any aerial A move. Some moves are more noticable than others like Link's Down Air (dAir), so learning how to constantly L/R/Z cancel is absolutely necessary to play on tournament-levels.

The advantages of it is that it makes your character move a lot faster, and makes it easier to combo and juggle people.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I like to think of shuffling as a way to use aerial moves as if you were attacking from the ground. You limit yourself on the ground if you only use dash attacks and tilts. When you're shuffling, you allow yourself to move while attacking very swiftly. Watch the videos above.

SH - short hop
FF - fast fall
L - lag cancel

It is used more often in characters like Marth than with characters like Samus. Without learning how to do this, you will phail at smash :O

Top Bottom