• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help/Tips on a Zelda matchup please!

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
I've looked at both this board, and the Zelda board, and the only info I could find on this matchup is that its slightly in Zelda's favor 55-45.

Anyway I play smash with a friend, and we use some advanced techniques, but are not really tournament level players.

My best approach to the situation is to try and abuse ZSS's midranged game of the sideB whip and nuetralB blaster, because I easily get outcamped by din's fire, and her smashes out prioritize my close ranged game. I also try to force her above me, because of her laggy spike, so I can get in some uairs or pull her down.

These strategies seem to work fairly well for me, but I still seem to lose the matchup about 2/3 of the time. We are very equal leveled players who normally trade wins about 50-50.

So anybody have some tips or ideas for this matchup?

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Um, space sideB a lot, stay on the move (but away from Zelda), and capitalize on every time you get Zelda off the ground. That seems to be the most effective things I've run into.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190698

That's our matchup discussion thread, with discussion and such somewhere (just look for the ZSS part in the first post).

I wish I could help more but I don't use ZSS (or have much experience against).

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
Also for zss users, how do you grab someone with your upB in the air, and chain it to your bair like I've seen in videos? Seems like they fall too fast no matter what percent you grab them.

sasook

Smash Champion
I think this could have gone in the Q&A thread...

As for the matchup, I never knew how to play against Zelda.

Snakeee

Smash Master
This is not anywhere near close to Zelda's advantage. Pressure her a lot, forward B from a distance, and up airs/b-airs at close range. Following up with Up-B is pretty easy in this match up as others pointed out. Also, her recovery is very slow, so you should be able to hit her before her Up B goes through most of the time

Top Bottom