• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs Falco

NSANE

Smash Rookie
hey im new to the forums and this may have been answered before, but i was wondering if its possible to get out of falcos chain grab. i started using link a few days ago and i seem to have the most problems against a falco...any advice other than not getting grabbed would be appreciated lol thanks

4Serial

Smash Lord
I not sure if this really works, but try tumble canceling or whatever it's called
it gets you out of hitstun or something like that
you do it by moving the control stick left and right really fast
do that and jab them to stop them
you can try di'ing more horizontally to get grounded faster too

avoid getting grabbed by spacing yourself
use z-air a lot, jab to get them off of you and do other stuff
when you get him off the stage, try to force him to recover from below
so he can't use side+b to recover. Then just n-air him.

D

Deleted member

you can't get out of the chain grab at low %'s

it's too easy to get grabbed in this game. the only thing you can do is look for the signs, if he shdl while approaching you that means when he autolands the second laser he'll probably go for a grab. just random stuff like that

also learn to nair and zair out of your shield

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I really Do believe that Falco is links worst matchup......SHDL is better than all 2 of your projectiles combined. His reflector ****s you over. He can chaingrab you and spike you.

This is easily links worst matchup in my opinion. If its not then its only 2nd to metaknight vs link.

suggestions: find a counterpick character.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
play a more bomb heavy game, u can still use your aerial attacks including z-air as well as your f-smash while a bomb is in your hand. But by playing a more bomb heavy game the chances of you having a bomb in your hand when grabbed is larger which will interrupt the chain-throw

very inconviencent and situational though =S

Swordplay

Smash Lord
The only way to get out of a CG is to blow your self up with a bomb... IT SUCKS

Zair isn't even that good because his reflector comes out fast and has I believe more range that your zair.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Maybe you should have a counter pick to falcos. Oh and you're gonna be stuck with a lot of grab-based problem with D3, falco, and such others who have chaingrabs against Link. Having a bomb with you can be helpful at times, but the little extra dmg you receive can add up if you're not careful

Top Bottom