• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Since the MU thread is basically dead, and I know that I will eventually ask about all of these eventually.
I need just a little MU knowledge for these characters::4charizard:,:4bowser:,:4pacman:,:4falcon:,:4pikachu:,:4yoshi:

And some serious help with these::4dedede:,:4dk:,:4marth:,:4pit:,:4samus:,:4tlink:,:4wiifit:,:4robinm:,:4shulk:,:4rob:,:4wario:,:4mewtwo:(yes I know that this is a lot)

if some were covered already the MU thread already then just tell me
and if you do not know about a certain one that's o.k.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Serious help with Robin? She's easy. You can duck under the thunder attacks. If she casts arcfire, punish. I find The MU easy because her moves are laggy and easy to dodge. What do you find difficult about it?

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Serious help with Robin? She's easy. You can duck under the thunder attacks. If she casts arcfire, punish. I find The MU easy because her moves are laggy and easy to dodge. What do you find difficult about it?
Robin's air moves are ridiculously strong and fast and very disjointed the perfect combination for taking out Jigglypuff, any decent Robin knows when it is appropriate to throw an arc fire so that punishing is risky. Lastly a good Robin does not just throw out thunder attacks they wait until you use a move that is just laggy enough to prevent you from crouching under it. idk what your experience has been, but these are the things I've noticed.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
robin is easy, just duck, and if they approach you can sh fair. They will usually arcfire when you shield, so always sh fair out of shield. Arc fire will travel over us when we sh. I thought arcfire tricks were hard at first, but sh solves that issue...

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
robin is easy, just duck, and if they approach you can sh fair. They will usually arcfire when you shield, so always sh fair out of shield. Arc fire will travel over us when we sh. I thought arcfire tricks were hard at first, but sh solves that issue...
But what about approaching?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Why do you need help with Pika/Marth if you pocket them? Shouldn't you know what their strengths/weaknesses are?

Anyway, for the ones I do know...
:4bowser: - Wait for openings and NEVER shield near him. He can Shield Break us with his Down B much more easily than before. However, Dair works very well in the MU and His large hurtbox makes him rest fodder.
:4pacman: - Learn to grab his fruits (SHAD, SH Nair/Fair, Dash Attack) and learn ZDropping. Done right, you can get his fruit out of commission. Hydrant takes 13% damage before flying, so use Bair against it. Other than that, all that remains is experience.
:4dedede:/:4dk: - See Bowser. DK doesn't shield break as easily post-1.1.2., but still beware him. DDD's Gordo can get sent back with Fair, and he is one of the easiest to Rest.
:4tlink: - Learn to grab his bombs midair. Should be easier after that.
:4wiifit: - Can duck under fewer attacks now, but still a viable option. Beware her Usmash/Nair and FCSS.
:4shulk: - Don't waste time with Rest punishes if Shield's active. He can't die until +120% to Rest if he has Shield. Beware his offstage/vertical approaches with Jump arts, they can kill us easily if we don't respect them.
:4charizard: - See Bowser. Always shield Flare Blitz for a punish, but watch out for Fly. It has SA frames and can kill us easily. Beware the meteor when off-stage.
:4mewtwo: - If you can read his Teleport, it makes Rest punishes much easier. Careful with his Fair and Bair, they are deceptively killer.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Why do you need help with Pika/Marth if you pocket them? Shouldn't you know what their strengths/weaknesses are?

Anyway, for the ones I do know...
:4bowser: - Wait for openings and NEVER shield near him. He can Shield Break us with his Down B much more easily than before. However, Dair works very well in the MU and His large hurtbox makes him rest fodder.
:4pacman: - Learn to grab his fruits (SHAD, SH Nair/Fair, Dash Attack) and learn ZDropping. Done right, you can get his fruit out of commission. Hydrant takes 13% damage before flying, so use Bair against it. Other than that, all that remains is experience.
:4dedede:/:4dk: - See Bowser. DK doesn't shield break as easily post-1.1.2., but still beware him. DDD's Gordo can get sent back with Fair, and he is one of the easiest to Rest.
:4tlink: - Learn to grab his bombs midair. Should be easier after that.
:4wiifit: - Can duck under fewer attacks now, but still a viable option. Beware her Usmash/Nair and FCSS.
:4shulk: - Don't waste time with Rest punishes if Shield's active. He can't die until +120% to Rest if he has Shield. Beware his offstage/vertical approaches with Jump arts, they can kill us easily if we don't respect them.
:4charizard: - See Bowser. Always shield Flare Blitz for a punish, but watch out for Fly. It has SA frames and can kill us easily. Beware the meteor when off-stage.
:4mewtwo: - If you can read his Teleport, it makes Rest punishes much easier. Careful with his Fair and Bair, they are deceptively killer.
Thank you for all of this information I did not expect anyone to write this much 0_o. I need help with Marth and Pikachu because although sometimes I use them I have a hard time dealing with them when playing as Jigglypuff, mainly Marth though. The disjoint on his sword coupled with his speed makes him a nightmare to fight, I cannot count the number of times I've been bodied online by Marths who know what they are doing and can consistently hit tippers. Pikachu is not quite as bad, I just have a problem with being gimped and Pikachu's up-smash.

as for Toon Link you can see my problems in this live stream: https://yohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUt-nnulXkutu.be/MNUt-nnulXk?t=2h44m
I can catch the bombs of a bad-decent Toon Link, but this was overwhelming (the stream is from the twentieth I no longer make so many bad decisions)

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Robin's air moves are ridiculously strong and fast and very disjointed the perfect combination for taking out Jigglypuff, any decent Robin knows when it is appropriate to throw an arc fire so that punishing is risky. Lastly a good Robin does not just throw out thunder attacks they wait until you use a move that is just laggy enough to prevent you from crouching under it. idk what your experience has been, but these are the things I've noticed.
Sure his moves are fast and strong in the air, but still there's no way his air game beats us. I actually don't understand what the problem is, sorry, but could you explain further? As for approaching, I don't find it to be too problematic, or why do you find it so?

Regarding Marth, I agree the matchup is hard, more so with the recent buffs. I'd say try not to approach from the air unless you wanna get tippered. Still, I do think we beat his air game, but it's hard to approach due to disjointed hitboxes, so just be really really patient and remember you can duck under neutral-B. Good Marth's DON'T spam it, but it's still useful info. Also, if your edgeguards are on spot, you can get some really easy gimps which is cool.

And yeah, actually good Toon Links are extremely overwhelming and difficult to deal with. Grabbing bombs isn't enough; a lot of patience is required.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Did some labbing against Pacman:
All angles are approximations

You can do running short hop Z-drop cherry, strawberry into into rest, as long as you keep you forward momentum. Keep in mind that they send the opponent further in ascending order.

Z-dropped apple sends Pacman flying in an 80 degree angle, this makes following up with anything harder. Unless you get a full hop Z-drop or something.

Z-dropped melon sends Pacman flying in a 40 degree angle. Melons go fast when you Z-drop them, but slow when you throw them.

The bell doesn't stun when you Z-drop it. It can lead to all kinds of rests if you throw it though. Pacman will fly towards the direction his back is facing after being stunned. Send flying in a 60 degree angle.

You can probably do stuff with the galaga, but I couldn't figure out anything while I was on the case.

You can grab the key while standing on the ground like a madman, but you're a savage if you do that.

If he shields your Z-drop? Go for a pound, shield = broken.

Also, Puff's holding animation is weird:

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Thank you for all of this information I did not expect anyone to write this much 0_o. I need help with Marth and Pikachu because although sometimes I use them I have a hard time dealing with them when playing as Jigglypuff, mainly Marth though. The disjoint on his sword coupled with his speed makes him a nightmare to fight, I cannot count the number of times I've been bodied online by Marths who know what they are doing and can consistently hit tippers. Pikachu is not quite as bad, I just have a problem with being gimped and Pikachu's up-smash.

as for Toon Link you can see my problems in this live stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUt-nnulXkutu.be/MNUt-nnulXk?t=2h44m
I can catch the bombs of a bad-decent Toon Link, but this was overwhelming (the stream is from the twentieth I no longer make so many bad decisions)

Top Bottom