• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with CD and Sticker farming

ETERNAL 0217

Smash Rookie
I have just under 400 stickers and who knows how many CDs, and I need an easy way to get more. I already know about the farming stage, with the conveyor belts and sandbags, but is that the best way to do it? Also, when you pick up a sticker in battle or from a sandbag, is it automatically a new one or could it be a repeat? Finally, does it matter what character you use, or would anyone work as long as you keep pressing A?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
If you see a CD drop, it's one you don't have. Once you get all 258 songs in the game (you can check this number by going to options -> sound test), no more CDs will drop. The pokémon that drops CDs can still appear, it just doesn't do anything.

Seeing a sticker drop doesn't mean it's new; there are 700 stickers total, and some are rarer than others. The harder difficulty in SSE you play, the "rarer" the stickers are, but I got all 700 of mine through my CD / Sticker factory (as well as every droppable CD).

Keep in mind that there are 5 stickers you can only get through challenges, as well as 31 CDs that otherwise cannot drop. For more, read this thread: Brawl Challenges [Spoilers]

As far as characters to use when fighting Sandbags, the requirement is they must make the sandbag drop that confetti when you hit them, otherwise that means the attack is too weak to generate an item-drop (eg Sticker, CD). I originally used Bowser's jab, then Ivysaur, Falco, and Game & Watch's repeating jabs. But by far, my preference is to use the down-tilts of Marth, Yoshi, or Game & Watch, which work perfectly, and also automatically pick up a nearby sticker. I simply get in position, reset my controller with the control stick up (ie, unplug the controller and plug it back in while holding up, or if it's a wavebird, turning it off, holding up on the control stick, and turning it back on). Then all I do is mash A repeatedly to either down-tilt or pick up stickers / CDs.

Keiogi

Smash Rookie
I personally have found the laziest method to farming cds and stickers. I'm not taking all of the credit for this, because I got the idea from some video I saw. Regardless, just use a small stage format, and make three blocks at the bottom horizontally. Then stack three more blocks on both the far left and right blocks. This will create a "U" shaped figure with one block's distance space in the middle, creating a hole. At the top of these walls, make two treadmills to where they empty into the hole. And lastly, make a ladder for another character to latch onto somewhere close to the map to keep it from zooming out (I did it to the left of the stage wall).

Once you have this created, start a Super Sudden Death match with two human players (obviously), but one of them must be Lucario. Once you do this, just have the other character latch onto the ladder so he is out of the way, and then have Lucario constantly charge up his neutral B move. From all of the other designs people tell me about, this is by far the one that requires the least amount of work, since you just have to tap the B button, then wait for one to drop.

Now, it is sometimes a little hard to see a CD drop, so I've been thinking of a way to fix it. I currently don't have three controllers to test it out, so maybe someone else can and give me some feedback. Make it a team match, with two on the same team. The odd player out will hang on the ladder from before, and Lucario will continue to charge up his neutral B (I find that making him face the left wall completely, then charging it will cover all of the space required). The third character should be a small one that would be in the hole with Lucario, simply picking up the items as they drop.

Sorry if its too long...but that's the basic description of my CD factory. I've made a few, but this one I'm happiest with by far.

ReploidArmada

Smash Rookie
Intelligence + laziness = creativity. :D

While all the industrious people are spending their time doing things the right way, the smart and lazy people will be spending their time coming up with ways to do the same things the same way, only faster. It's human nature.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I guess you could call me "industrious" then. I like doing some of the easier SSE stages with people loaded up with Sticker drop stickers. I've even had a CD drop from a TowTow of all things. And that was only Hard mode.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I've done the sticker factory for hours and still have about 50 left. How long did it take you guys? So far i've done probably 13 hours using a turbo controller and 6 without. At least i've got all CD's. Brawl's soundtrack is sweet.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
I played my CD factory stage for like 35 min yesterday (I manually do it cuz I don't feel like taping my stick and I don't have a wavebird). I have about 600 stickers and out of the 50ish stickers I picked up, like 12 were new. I never seem to get very many CDs. Also, if you get all the songs then you get that dog trophy from Animal Crossing (don't remember his name).

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
It's Totakeke. I made my own factory, and am VERY happy with it. I make sure to play on special brawl so it doesn't effect my records. I also make sure to play high grav and dmg ratio .5 also, I do 5 minutes at a time, and one time, using yoshi, I got SEVEN CDS. It was insane.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
I built on the idea of the sand bag shuttling conveyor belt nook.

Basically, I made a small stage with:

- 6 spaces of conveyor belts going to the right
- 2 block tall wall under the right post part of the 6-long belt
- 2 block long (smallest) conveyor belt going to the left next to the lower half of the wall
- An upside down "L" black shape that arched around the small conveyor so there was only 1 block of space to get in
- a 3 long conveyor over the inverted "L" block going to the left
- Ladders under the stage

That should have a conveyor over every surface an item can appear on, ensuring that all items that appear go in to that nook.

I put Bower in the nook (his neutral A has nice reach/coverage) and put player 2 on a ladder under the stage.

I set it to high speed/heavy gravity 1 stock with no time.

At that point if you have a rapid fire controller, just have bowser neutral A for a while. Other wise, just mash the button while you do something else, like watch TV or surf the forums.

Here's the truly important part... Check on it and restart the match up every 5-ish minutes. The game seems to have a limited memory for what you picked up, and after a while it forgets you ever got a CD/sticker.

I left it on over night to try it, and when I stopped it... I had NO CD's... when I ran it for about 6 minutes I got about 10 CD's when I stopped.

That's what worked well for me, and I have all 258 songs and about 630 of the 700 stickers.
Just remember song CD's and Stickers require you to complete challenges!

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
No wonder, i kept it on overnight and got 2 new stickers >.<. Thanks Cornstalk.44 left to go!

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I built on the idea of the sand bag shuttling conveyor belt nook.

Basically, I made a small stage with:

- 6 spaces of conveyor belts going to the right
- 2 block tall wall under the right post part of the 6-long belt
- 2 block long (smallest) conveyor belt going to the left next to the lower half of the wall
- An upside down "L" black shape that arched around the small conveyor so there was only 1 block of space to get in
- a 3 long conveyor over the inverted "L" block going to the left
- Ladders under the stage

Why would you make it 6 long? if you ask me, the best way to do it is just have it be 2 long, so all bags will drop as close to you as possible, otherwise it would take a bit longer for them to get to you, even though it is not a big deal.

My factory is like this: (I will do my best to draw it) [- are empty space

---- ____<
__ -[][][]>
------[][]
[]____[]<

This way the sand bags stay in one area and don't fly to much, the other characters stands in the open spot under the conveyer on the left

Thanks for the 5-minute tip, I noticed when I went to go for a bike ride for an hour, I hadn't gotten any CDs

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Ive always wondered, why dont people use a moves to cd farm, so that they dont even have to look for something to pick up, and just tap a? I did that yesterday while watching tv, I got only about 9 cds in an hour though, but it still took zero work.

And for your U shaped lucario method, I believe you dont have to use lucario, just any character with a move you can hold a button for.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
I personally have found the laziest method to farming cds and stickers. I'm not taking all of the credit for this, because I got the idea from some video I saw. Regardless, just use a small stage format, and make three blocks at the bottom horizontally. Then stack three more blocks on both the far left and right blocks. This will create a "U" shaped figure with one block's distance space in the middle, creating a hole. At the top of these walls, make two treadmills to where they empty into the hole. And lastly, make a ladder for another character to latch onto somewhere close to the map to keep it from zooming out (I did it to the left of the stage wall).

Once you have this created, start a Super Sudden Death match with two human players (obviously), but one of them must be Lucario. Once you do this, just have the other character latch onto the ladder so he is out of the way, and then have Lucario constantly charge up his neutral B move. From all of the other designs people tell me about, this is by far the one that requires the least amount of work, since you just have to tap the B button, then wait for one to drop.

Now, it is sometimes a little hard to see a CD drop, so I've been thinking of a way to fix it. I currently don't have three controllers to test it out, so maybe someone else can and give me some feedback. Make it a team match, with two on the same team. The odd player out will hang on the ladder from before, and Lucario will continue to charge up his neutral B (I find that making him face the left wall completely, then charging it will cover all of the space required). The third character should be a small one that would be in the hole with Lucario, simply picking up the items as they drop.

Sorry if its too long...but that's the basic description of my CD factory. I've made a few, but this one I'm happiest with by far.
Wow, thats a whole lot better than the stage i made.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm stuck at 696. I tried the CD factory that I emulated from phanna(thanks BTW) yesterday for 1.5 hours, but didn't get anything new. I did get more rare stickers that I have like the Naked Snake sticker. Gathering all stickers is the final thing to do in my challenges screen. Should I do return to the SSE and try to get 100% and get the remaining stickers? I currently have 94%.

DyslexicHobo

Smash Cadet
I don't really know how much better you can get than this CD factory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fVVSazv6gc (THIS IS NOT MY DESIGN)

I made a duplicate (and luckily I have 4 wavebirds; working @ a LAN center FTW!), and all I have to do is mash the A button. I can even be ringing someone up at the other side of the store, and I'll be farming CDs and stickers at the highest efficiency possible. :D

Top Bottom