• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with diddy vs snake

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
diddy shouldn't have too much trouble with snake.
overwhelm him with your speed. spike him out of his recovery. combo him with uptilts, and nairs. of course use bananas if you don't already. spam them.
watch where he lays c4 and avoid those spots. try to stay paralell with him. don't be above him, because his upsmash *****.
use mindgames. try running up to him and shielding. then maybe shield grab or upsmash out of shield

it would help if you detailed exactly what area you're having trouble in. what moves do you get hit by the most? what techniques do you fall for the most. stuff like that

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
My friend also mains Snake and he has trouble keeping up with me, Like its been said, use your speed to your advantage, Use Lots of Nanners, Lots.

fourthmealer

Smash Cadet
Like my friend is a really good snake. . . uhhh his up smash definately gives me a problem. He spams projectiles a lot so when we start he'll b spamming grenades so it's hard to approach let alone b able to approach at all, and then start planting bombs all over the place. I don't have a problem with the bombs and c4, i have a problem approaching him

whoracLe

Smash Cadet
snake is easy for me. Then again I havent fought any spectacular snake players..

and uhm.. use a lot of bananas. you can use them to approach aswell, or just short hop double bair, and his side B is decent for approaches.

snake is pretty easy to edgehog against, as the previous poster said.. diddy's dair > snakes recovery

NometheGnome

Smash Rookie
how the hell do you spike snake, i've done it only one time against my friend his up b is redic. it sends him high and it sends him high fast.

when i play snake(my friend who uses him / sonic) i generally stay in the air, and never right above him helps me see his C4 and avoids nades alot easier. and then i come in with a drop kick and take the ground over till he uses his up b and drops a invisible nade( just really hard to see) or missle.

then we back up and do it over again.

Croyt

Smash Rookie
hahaha

Oh man, The only battles that happen on my Wii, are Snake VS Diddy.

The main thing to do against snake is to keep distance from projectiles, and watch out for his side smash, dont accidentaly roll into it, that will kill Diddy at 60%.

USE DIDDY's UP SMASH! It cancels out most of Snake's air moves and is really good.

Never use down smash because the drawback is too much, and snake can them **** you.

Use bannanas

Don't try to spike because snake has a vicious spike too, only do it if you're positive you can get above him

I usually **** my friend hahaah actually he owes me 200$ and we are playing again asap ahahahahahah

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
^ One of the worst pieces of advice you could possibly give is to NOT use one of his 2 killing moves...(dsmash)

Use it, but selectively. Out of shields, at opportune moments, to punish lag.

Surjan

Smash Rookie
Diddy is my main character and my friend main character is snake and we face all the time and i win every time and he's no noob. things you have to remember if he throws grenades at you you can time the "a" button right you can catch his grenade and throw it back. If he uses his homming missle just shoot a peanut at it to deflect it. to deal with mines just be very aggresive and never give him time to put any down. A good way to get rid of his proximity mine is to shield role over it and it explose doing no damage to you. And learn how to grab him efficiently and throw him off the level bc the way i kill snake the most is jumping off the side while he is using his up b recovery and using my foward air to kill him. spiking him is out of the picture bc as soon as he gets knocked off he uses his up b and he gets way to high in the air to get above him. just be aware of were snake puts his mines and try to never get hit with snakes foward a attack the rocket to the ground it has killed me at final destination at 43%.

Croyt

Smash Rookie
Oh ****

ahahhahaa WHOOPS

SORRY I MEANT TO SAY

Use downsmash selectively...because if you screw up against snake, you're gonna get drop kicked

Top Bottom