• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with mastering a few samus combos.

Lunares Aeran

Smash Rookie
Basically I am having alot of trouble doing the following things, wondering if someone could give me some tips for it.

First, coming back from the edge. I can bomb jump/grapple rise pretty well, but I have alot of issues hitting the sweet spot, and then when I do I have alot of issues getting off of the edge and back on the stage. Mostly against my friend's marth, who is pretty freaking good at tipping and shield grabbing.

Second, edgeguarding against the same foe. I cannot seem to edgeguard well at all, except for sex kicking, any tips on how to time edgeguards better? ( I also seem to have issues performing dtilts/ dfsmash rather than dsmash)

Third, grabbing and being grabbed. I almost never use my grabs, because I don't understand how to attack out of a shield (my other issue, I understand grabbing is just A at that point), but when should I use grabs? and how to avoid being grabbed, like when I dash attack into an opponent who shields. Especially marth (see above for my friend....evil friend).

thanks anyone who helps, here is a cookie (: :)

halu102

Smash Apprentice
First part, trying going to Hyrule and practice your hook accuracy on the middle ledge. From there, practice on any map, ultimately Battlefield by jumping backwards and recovering.

Second point, try to use f-tilt, up-tilt, missle spam, bombs. Just vary your choices to keep the opponent guessing. For example, if they keep sweet spotting, time an up-tilt or lay bombs to mess their rhythm. From then on the opponent will most likely choose another method besides sweetspotting. Also, if they manage to grab the ledge, just prepare yourself with tilts, nair, etc so you can pressure them by following their tech.

Now for grabbing (I barely use it too) it's just anticipation. If you missle cancelled and the opponent is shielding, that's a prime time to grab. Just be on the look out for times when the opponent is stationary and allows a window for being grabbed. This could either come from pressure generated by you or them trying to anticipate an attack.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
:094: Your first point: First off, dont rely on the grapple all the time, save it incase you get hit again. Use your UpB first and try to get the sweespot so you dont get pwnt, and since you say you get hit alot, learn how to tech; My friend plays Marth also so I know how you feel. As for the grapple sweetspot, all you have to do is grab right onto the ledge, like RIGHT on the ledge (is how I do it). Gettin back up from the edge should be cake, just dont use the jumping one where you just hit X or Y and she does that super laggy jump.

Your second point: Just try to be sexy. I tend to drop a bomb off the edge and then gettin myself setup for a Utilt or Fsmash or Ftilt. You can always be creative and run out there and do something epic. All and all though, Utilt is the bestest edgeguard move Samus has, I think.

Your third point: Samus' grab is hawt is all I gots to say, don't throw it around wrecklessly first off, you get to get combo'd if you do that. Alota people like usin it after they MC; like missle and run at them and when they shield, whip out the grapple, works alot. Dont shield grab with Samus' because it sux as.s. And lastly, dont dash attack, I dont dash attack that often because it isn't good IMO due to shield grabbin... ALOT.

Other people will probably add to this or correct me because Im wrong once in a while so yeah... Hope this helps out a little bit. :094:

Top Bottom