• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with question

Little ShOcKeR

Smash Cadet
So I'm either gonna play G@W or too(n) I mean Young Link as my secondary main. (Because Pichu vs Luigi is duuuumb more dumb than Pichu vs Shriek). So is there anything I should know about Too(n) I mean Young Link? Any pros (I'm assuming axe) that I can look up? How his combos/neutral are? Well sorry for the mean name calling but honestly though please help. ;)

EDIT: And how is the match up against Luigi?

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
So I'm either gonna play G@W or too(n) I mean Young Link as my secondary main. (Because Pichu vs Luigi is duuuumb more dumb than Pichu vs Shriek). So is there anything I should know about Too(n) I mean Young Link? Any pros (I'm assuming axe) that I can look up? How his combos/neutral are? Well sorry for the mean name calling but honestly though please help. ;)

EDIT: And how is the match up against Luigi?

It's hard to say if you're trolling or not but i'll assume the better.

If you're gonna be a Pichu main, have fun!! I love the little guy, but i dont have enough heart to do it.

Honestly, for just general "i'm starting out" stuff and "how do they play" and "combo's" and stuff like that you're probably better off hitting the lab, watching other players, learning tech, and just delving into some of the info already established here.

I'll give you a short one to get you started

Young link can have a great neutral when used correctly, mainly due to his speed and varied projectile game (even though its a little slow) He's great against floaties, and he's a little light himself, so he is also harder to combo than most characters.

His combo's usually contain chains of the same aerial used once or twice followed by something else, but this is not always the case.

Nair is a great move, and you can do Tons of Up airs once you get your foe above you. Fair is "okay" as far as i can tell. i end up using it when i feel like i've used nair too much and want to lessen the staleness of the move. Bair is also good on a shielding opponent, or when you want to create a wall of aerials (If you do it as soon as you jump you can bair>jump>bair>nair)

I've probably said enough already, but that should be a little bit to get you started. If you truly want to main/secondary this character, get in there, do the hard practice and research

I havent had the chance to fight a lot of luigis, changed to this character a few months back after ice climbers wasn't working out so well.

:D

Last edited:

Little ShOcKeR

Smash Cadet
It's hard to say if you're trolling or not but i'll assume the better.

If you're gonna be a Pichu main, have fun!! I love the little guy, but i dont have enough heart to do it.

Honestly, for just general "i'm starting out" stuff and "how do they play" and "combo's" and stuff like that you're probably better off hitting the lab, watching other players, learning tech, and just delving into some of the info already established here.

I'll give you a short one to get you started

Young link can have a great neutral when used correctly, mainly due to his speed and varied projectile game (even though its a little slow) He's great against floaties, and he's a little light himself, so he is also harder to combo than most characters.

His combo's usually contain chains of the same aerial used once or twice followed by something else, but this is not always the case.

Nair is a great move, and you can do Tons of Up airs once you get your foe above you. Fair is "okay" as far as i can tell. i end up using it when i feel like i've used nair too much and want to lessen the staleness of the move. Bair is also good on a shielding opponent, or when you want to create a wall of aerials (If you do it as soon as you jump you can bair>jump>bair>nair)

I've probably said enough already, but that should be a little bit to get you started. If you truly want to main/secondary this character, get in there, do the hard practice and research

I havent had the chance to fight a lot of luigis, changed to this character a few months back after ice climbers wasn't working out so well.

:D
Alright thanks. And I am serious so I will be using your advice.

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
Check out the guides and resources posted in these boards.

Watch Laijin, Rhan, Axe, and Armada.

If you're picking up YL because matchups with Pichu are too hard, then I have some bad news for you...

Last edited:

Little ShOcKeR

Smash Cadet

If you're picking up YL because matchups with Pichu are too hard, then I have some bad news for you...
*match up* not match ups. and only on the 1 of the most broken match ups. And yes I know YL Isn't exactly the best to pick up for match ups. I'm not dumb.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman

aww yeah, it's MagicScrumpy! Love your vids!

*thugs mansion*

Happens2u

Writing Team
I think you should play YL but pick who you want to play. His neutral can either be based around being defensive and walking out enemies with projectiles, or offensive with nair shield pressure and threats of future projectiles. Punishes vary greatly. On fast fallers throws into uptilt and upsmash can work, plus boomerang into most things and bomb into most things. On floaties projectile camping is usually the best option, bair is great, bomb-dair is lethal.

Top Bottom