• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Texture Hack

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
I just learned to make texture hacks, and my first one was on lucario

I first hacked his head, then the arms and it didnt freeze

then i did the legs and body and it froze

But before this happened, i hacked the legs in paint and it didnt freeze, but then i went to photoshop and did the body and legs and it froze

PLEASE HELP

* Duffy *

Smash Cadet
I don't understand...
Did it freeze WHILE you were editing the textures?

If so then that's strange.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Did you preview it in BrawlBox before testing it? Lucario Textures have been known to make Mr. Beep & Beep Angry.

Wrong forum too. this should be in tutorials section.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Did you preview it in BrawlBox before testing it? Lucario Textures have been known to make Mr. Beep & Beep Angry.

Wrong forum too. this should be in tutorials section.
Im not sure wut u mean by previewing it in brawlbox, but i looked at the layer and made sure its the correct one,

and sorry about the wrong forum im kinda new to smashboards :)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Im not sure wut u mean by previewing it in brawlbox, but i looked at the layer and made sure its the correct one,

and sorry about the wrong forum im kinda new to smashboards :)
Find the MDL0 file inside of the FitLucario##.pac/.pcs (it should be under ModelData[0], no other model data) and then Right Click it and click preview. Also, when you replaced the texture, did you change the texture type (not the file type, but when you put it back in, did you change it from one format to another? The formats are things like CMPR, CI8 or RGBA8. There are more, but those are the ones I know off of the top of my head)? If you did, that might be why it froze.

* Duffy *

Smash Cadet
Well does it freeze like after you've activated the code in Gecko? ( Mention where it freezes at)

If so, what version of Gecko are you using and are you using the correct File Replacement code?
I'm pretty sure that you need to have the latest version of Gecko when loading textures.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Well does it freeze like after you've activated the code in Gecko? ( Mention where it freezes at)

If so, what version of Gecko are you using and are you using the correct File Replacement code?
I'm pretty sure that you need to have the latest version of Gecko when loading textures.
it would freeze wen i clicked them on the roster while playing brawl with the hack one

Top Bottom