• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~HERB2 Results/Shoutouts~

Curaga

Smash Ace
Nah I still bet RX Gaming's videos will be awesome and well worth it.

For all the work they did I think we should still be appreciated.

Especially because we all want them to come to another major NC event! :3
Thanks for being really kind in relation to this.

I've told several people that we've been having a lot of life issues that have taken away from our free time; we haven't made any updates to our own website at all or made any recordings or appearances anywhere since Herb2.

It was never an issue on time/difficulty to do videos.

Real life just bites hard sometimes.

We're starting on the videos today.

Again, major thanks to Foxy and Vilt and anyone else who's been understanding. Its really appreciated.

Foxy

Smash Master
No problem. And hopefully you knew that when I said "we should still be appreciated" I meant "THEY should still be appreciated". =P

But yes. I hope everything goes best for you guys.

NC is a bit of a place to jump on laziness as they're used to people (namely myself) being really slow with videos.

But we understand your delays. Can't wait for 'em.

lord karn

Smash Master
yeah, I'm sure if more people realized that you have life issues they would be more understanding. Sometimes stuff just comes up, just do the best you can.

But some people like smith are just trolls. @_@_@_@_@

Vist

Smash Champion
good stuff rx gaming

the vids should be sweet

btw, was the only one amazed by the fact that the mcdonalds right next to the herb 2 venue had freakin' FRUITOPIA WTF

Curaga

Smash Ace
They will be released later rather than sooner.

Too many problems to address.

We aren't giving up on them though, just no deadlines or promises at the moment.

We're not recording or advancing our website and crew until they are done though, so we're suffering more than anyone out there.

Curaga

Smash Ace
The Whole Universe is Going to Die.

Like I stated before, all technical problems aren't as much the issue. We know exactly how to overcome every obstacle, we just lack the time and funds. We had started previously, I had posted stating that we were beginning, and we ran into major problems that restricted us. Its another hoop to jump through

cykofox

Smash Ace
no see the thing is...if you lack funds(who the **** lacks that when converting and uploading videos) is why dont you just give them to someone who does have the time tool?

Curaga

Smash Ace
Looooooooooooooool

Sorry for laughing, but this is really a joke at this point.

[/HYPE]
Well, figured I'd post something because some people were inquiring through PM.

I actually really agree with the joke aspect.

Its hilarious that Sean and I are somehow magically obligated to have these videos up. We tried to get them up when we wanted, we honestly did, multiple times. There is entirely no obligation, we went drove there with the intention to have all of these videos up and done by now; and they aren't. Barely started actually.

I'm just making another update to inform everyone that I'm still aware they're in demand, and all I've said is that you should stop looking forward to them, because when they happen, they will happen. It probably won't be as soon as most would hope; so thats my little addition.

The backlash is kind of interesting though. I was no expecting it at all, its really my first encounter with people being complete *******s and genuinely upset about our latency. I sent Stingers and Dr.Peepee both PMs regarding the circumstances and otherwise I don't really think I need to disclose too much more?

The joke is going to be: "LAWLZ, RXGAMING FAILS. VIDEOS WILL NEVER HAPPEN" and thats fine. We're a Florida crew with our own motives and we enjoyed ourselves at the tournament, and we still hope to get this footage up. If you want to be a rude ****tard, hey, by all means I encourage it. This isn't really a direct attack on Ace or anyone in particular, its just the overall vibe I get when I even sit and think about Herb 2 now.

Those who've said belligerant things; you don't think we're ever going to upload footage, so if we decide to omit any footage of you playing then I guess we hold that right and you won't miss out on anything because RXgaming is a mega-failure. I think the only exception would be if a FL player or the very few people who've remained polite with us are included in these videos. But whatever.

I don't feel like going into detail on our own individual life scenarios, nor do I really want or need to make excuses to anyone. Dr. Peepee PM'd me and said that people want to know whats going on, so I posted. **** me. I guess I am a total prick for at least trying to keep up with the community that we've "let down".

Even if I decided to just put the 7 tapes of footage in the microwave and watch it melt, we'd still have accomplished in helping Vilt out with her recording equipment and making it possible for his livestream to exist. Thats a victory in itself.

As for letting someone else filter, encode, capture, and upload the footage. No one we're affiliated cares about Herb2, and because its an RX production, we have to keep it exclusive to us and our company.

Again, not attacking anyone in particular. This is the feedback I'm presenting because it was politely requested of me.

Thanks

Foxy

Smash Master
As I've said before, I don't think anyone should blame RX Gaming or judge their progress at all.

They very easily could have not gone to the tournament, but the fact that they did and recorded for us is awesome. Sure, sooner is always nicer with videos, but if that's not a possibility, why is it a big deal? It's not like they're doing anything wrong.

And I do think that most of the players from NC agree with me and were very grateful that you guys came to support one of our largest tournaments in a professional manner. A lot of us have said that if we had noticed the donations box a lot of us would have even given money.

tl;dr Thanks for coming, and the videos from you are something great to look forward to, whenever it's able to happen.

Maybe I have a bias because I've been in situations with very late videos and complaints from players a number of times, but I think many share my sentiments.

joeplicate

Smash Master
except that it's not so awesome they went and are sitting on the vids when you realize that toasty could've just handled the videos and we'd have them by now

how could you honestly not expect people to be angry at you; you have something that a lot of people want, you haven't given it to them yet, and you're making posts that come off as "they're OUR videos, we'll do what we want to with them, and you should be grateful even if we decide to destroy them!"

the point you're trying to make about doing people a service by showing up, recording, and live streaming is worthless when there are other people with exactly the same capabilities who went to the tournament

I want to be realistic here; I appreciate that the RX crew is having personal problems (after all, smash isn't everything) and I don't wanna disrespect, but don't act dumbfounded that people are getting angry at you at least

and also, I'm really looking forward to these videos =]

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
NC always has video problems and we always give each other **** for it. So don't take it personally guys.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
A few points.

Its hilarious that Sean and I are somehow magically obligated to have these videos up. We tried to get them up when we wanted, we honestly did, multiple times. There is entirely no obligation, we went drove there with the intention to have all of these videos up and done by now; and they aren't. Barely started actually.
Of course you don't have any obligation. But having no obligation means that the DOZENS of people who ARE waiting on the videos have no obligation to be cordial to you in relation to your promptness, or gross lackthereof. The people expressing... distaste are doing so in relation to the several times you made a promise, and have not followed through on.

I sent Stingers and Dr.Peepee both PMs regarding the circumstances and otherwise I don't really think I need to disclose too much more?
This attitude of selective disclosure is like a nail in the coffin to the testament of your good word. Very televangelist of you.

Even if I decided to just put the 7 tapes of footage in the microwave and watch it melt, we'd still have accomplished in helping Vilt out with her recording equipment and making it possible for his livestream to exist. Thats a victory in itself.
Vilt is a dude, dude.

---------

In closing, let me remind you that I am in no way affiliated with the TO of HERB2, nor am I even a member of the NC smash scene.

No one we're affiliated cares about Herb2
That's obvious.

Thank you for your time. Alot of it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It's not like he said anything confidential in the PMs.

The PM I Received said:
Details:

Terabyte hardrive commited suicide.

Lack 120gigs of free harddrive space to capture.

Blue screen of death.

Starting a business/working 2 jobs/school/family/potential death of RXG computer.

Free time = Zero

Morale and enthusiasm = 1%

/Details
Not a big deal...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol Foxy. Is it coincidence that you're one of the slowest uploaders I know?? <3

I agree with replicate.

Curaga, I didn't want to come off as a d**k. I'm glad you updated us.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
HERB 3 is gonna be in the summer. I'm pretty sure.

We'll have two large tournaments before HERB 3 though. I'm almost entirely certain on this(one will be all-Melee, and I dunno about the other one).

NC's TOs are steppin it up.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
That reminds me that I need to host a tournament.

My last two... umm... fell apart?

Top Bottom