• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He's received some traction, is it seems.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
On 27:22 in the Direct, go to where they show Giga Mac and Luigi runs over to him. You'll see how quickly he turns around and immediately is able to crouch and move away. I don't remember him being able to do that as quickly in Brawl or Melee.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Seems that way, which is awesome. Luigi's slippery physics, while true to the character, was annoying. Speaking of things from the direct, the animation for Luigi's jab is slightly different.
Comparison:
jabs.png

Its nothing spectacular but I like how his other arm doesn't stick out on the first hit anymore.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, it's faithful to his character but wasn't useful. I much prefer the leg flutter.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wouldn't that be hilarious if wavedashing came back somehow and we would all want Luigi's bad traction back?

Naaah, would be nice if it was gone (Or reduced to a level that is more usuable, but true to his character). Well, I'm usually in the air with Luigi anyways sides smash attacks, so I'm really hoping his air speed is fixed most of all.

D

Deleted member

I'm fine with the traction as it's true to Luigi's character. I mostly use Smash attacks and aerial attacks with Luigi anyway.
It can be useful to your advantage if you run and then use an Up Smash. Luigi will be sliding while attacking! It's pretty unpredictable.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm fine with the traction as it's true to Luigi's character. I mostly use Smash attacks and aerial attacks with Luigi anyway.
It can be useful to your advantage if you run and then use an Up Smash. Luigi will be sliding while attacking! It's pretty unpredictable.
Pretty much this.
As another Luigi main this will actually screw me over some as I used is like this alot and it comes very handy.
And I liked his traction. It was his character. I actually am unhappy about this.
I also like his floatiness for recovery and farther jumps.
My favorite character fit my game style, and that is great.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi social thread here is dead so...I guess I felt like noting that Luigi's dash, as seen in the direct looks much faster. Or is it just me?

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
The sliding.....I have mixed feelings about it. It can be a very useful maneuvering technique, especially for the frequent wavedashers. But sliding upon getting hit (Fox's friggin' SHINE) is not okay. I hate moving outside of my own control. I'm not much of a Luigi main, so I never really took the time to fix my issues with him, but there's my tiny input.

Glad he's got traction now.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
If wavedashes aren't returning (let's not have this discussion yet again), I'm happy to see some Luigi tractiony goodness. Makes it worlds easier for him to punish blocked moves.

D

Deleted member

Yesterday, I played Brawl Minus and they gave Luigi a ridiculous amount of traction. If you run and then up smash, Luigi would go to a ridiculous, unpredictable distance! Probably more than half of Final Destination! However, he leaves himself wide-open...

His added traction is both a boon and a curse.

Top Bottom