• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Usmash has a windbox? That would be funny...

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I really wish people could just take what I say at face value and not look for hidden meanings I never said anything about. It's not that ****ing hard.
The way you imply things makes it seem like you're saying something else but not direct. All you're saying is he has a bad grab. We all know he has a bad grab range, but you wont let the fact that his grab game is good, that it can actually make up for his terrible grab range.

It's like me saying, IC's has an extremely bad grab, but not accepting the fact that their grab game is exceptionally good.

Also, we're not ignoring his flaws or acting like they aren't there. We know Lucario's flaws we play the character, we know this stuff, that's why we try to use what we have as best as we can. You for some reason, just don't do anything about it, all you've been saying is he has a bad grab, blah blah blah he has a bad grab. Who would dash grab with Lucario?

Also, try out the pivot grab. It's pretty good. *gasp*

Anyway back on topic,

That wind on the usmash interests me, cause I was thinking about that a day ago, cause it made me wonder since it's like an eruption, could it possibly have like a very weak wind at the strong part of the hitbox?

dtilt being longer than ftilt as well, is pretty sweet. It makes me want to use that move more often than usual.

I can't wait to see dash attack's hitbox though, it's probably gonna look like a hump.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
The way you imply things makes it seem like you're saying something else but not direct. All you're saying is he has a bad grab. We all know he has a bad grab range, but you wont let the fact that his grab game is good, that it can actually make up for his terrible grab range.

It's like me saying, IC's has an extremely bad grab, but not accepting the fact that their grab game is exceptionally good.
I think this is the third time I've had to say I'm not calling his grab game in general bad. Am I speaking another language, here?

Also, we're not ignoring his flaws or acting like they aren't there. We know Lucario's flaws we play the character, we know this stuff, that's why we try to use what we have as best as we can.
If a certain someone thinks Lucario has a "Good, solid grab" then they're clearly ignoring his flaws. You, on the other hand, presumably being fully aware of its problems, should have no reason to be offended by what I say.

You for some reason, just don't do anything about it, all you've been saying is he has a bad grab, blah blah blah he has a bad grab. Who would dash grab with Lucario?
Like I said before, knowing what works is no more important than knowing what doesn't work.
The fact that you and RJ keep personally attacking me like this because I'm the one who points out the latter really freaking pisses me off, btw.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh hurtboxes.
Meh, they haven't shown how to do them really, but it's much more straight forward than hitboxes, it's any character body mass of significant relevance (luckily for Kita, the tail isn't part really, so uair still might as well be considered a hitbox surrounding the character).

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Kita, when you have the time, can you show me jab, ftilt, and dtilt from the same position so I can see precisely how the range of all three compare?
It's something I've wanted to look at for months.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
*sigh*
<poem>
Stauffy once said Lucario's grab range was bad.
He pissed of the others, and made me quite sad,
for they started pummeling him for his heresy.
When all the fighting is just displaying douche-***gery.
</Poem>

seriously guys. ALL of you are pissing me off with unnecessary squabbling. The deal here is, Lucario's grab range sucks balls, while his throws grow 'em. that's just it. Stauffy, they arent ignoring its falws, they are just being positive. Other guys going after stauffy, if he thinks so negatively, you dont change the outlook of a pessimist with pure force. If the key arguments have already been said, no need to restate them. it's his outlook on lucario after all.

Fighting brothers is for immature kids :/

D. Disciple

Smash Master
It's not that I'm being offended by it dude, I just really, really get annoyed by a lot of negative comments. I usually deal with it, but when I don't see people trying to bring it up a solution I get annoyed. I still got much love for ya, but at times it feels like I want to just back up people's theories when others don't agree with it.

However, yeah let's stop arguing over things, we're never gonna get anywhere. Kita can you get a vid of Lucario's hurtboxes too please?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Oh yeah, kita remember to do up angled and down angled ftilts.

Honestly I like the balance of innovation/looking more on the positives as well as realism/reminding us of the negatives, it creates a nice balance it allows 3rd parties to not being fully engrossed into either side, allowing them to form a deeper less bias opinion. (this assumes the logic is sound). An... its just not the lucario boards without someone pointing out flaws in something everyone is interested in

oh and if you get the chance:

Can you do the hitbox thingie for Charizard Rocksmash/Sonic Fsmash?

I feel ******** when I get hit by the former when it looks like I shouldn't have.

extra ******** when I roll/airdodge/whiff and get punished by the latter :\

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think the hitbox of DT was a little disappointing (looks like something kind of jumpable if it was activated by a really fast attack), but DT is pretty meh anyways :p
Kinda liked dtilt, it made me play around with it in some friendlies.
It definitely needs to be used more, but it's kind of situational (like you want to use it more in low %s because of its stringability and speed, but not at high because the damage output sucks with only 7% and it can't kill :p)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I think the hitbox of DT was a little disappointing (looks like something kind of jumpable if it was activated by a really fast attack), but DT is pretty meh anyways :p
From personal experience you can just dash out of it too. I just wanted to throw that out there.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
It definitely needs to be used more, but it's kind of situational (like you want to use it more in low %s because of its stringability and speed, but not at high because the damage output sucks with only 7% and it can't kill :p)
uhh yes dtilt can kill. bt only on the lighter chars.... at around 140%..... and it has to be fresh >_>

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
but not at high because the damage output sucks with only 7% and it can't kill :p)

lies and slander.

whenever utilt is able to kill dtilt should be able to do just the same.

its notable that some players default to DIing up as well that makes it a bit more lethal.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It's not that I'm being offended by it dude, I just really, really get annoyed by a lot of negative comments. I usually deal with it, but when I don't see people trying to bring it up a solution I get annoyed. I still got much love for ya, but at times it feels like I want to just back up people's theories when others don't agree with it.

However, yeah let's stop arguing over things, we're never gonna get anywhere. Kita can you get a vid of Lucario's hurtboxes too please?
Nope, sorry. Can't do hurtboxes right now. The hurtboxes are pretty much the model. They're muuuuch more straightforwards than the hitboxes.

What I can do probably though, is edit the sword glow to maybe be a bit more transparent so you can see the extent of disjoints, but that'll take quite a while, and I don't know if it's possible to make it truly transparent, but I guess it's worth a shot.
Oh yeah, kita remember to do up angled and down angled ftilts.
They should be correct already. Nothing grows, so they should be fine and accurate.

oh and if you get the chance:

Can you do the hitbox thingie for Charizard Rocksmash/Sonic Fsmash?

I feel ******** when I get hit by the former when it looks like I shouldn't have.

extra ******** when I roll/airdodge/whiff and get punished by the latter :\
Yes, I can do them. I've actually been working on Sonic next as a sort of thank-you to Kinzer and the other Sonic mains. I'm having troubles with his super expanding fists of death ****ing **** up and making the hitboxes look bigger than they should be. I'm glad Lucario's body never grows with any of his moves other than Utilt, which for some reason still seems to be working properly size-wise on the hitbubbles. I probably messed up on Sonic somehow.

I'm not releasing Sonic's fsmash though. Once that gets out, Hypnosmash will be gone, so yeah, that's a problem lol. I'll release it eventually, but not to the Lucario mains. They have enough advantages on him. >=O

Whether I can do Rock Smash or not is just plain luck. To get to Charizard's .pac, I have to go through Dantarion's mod of PSA 1.3. Scarily, 1.3 has a bad habit of ****ing up and randomly adding 20 extra kb to a file, which causes the wii to freeze at the character selection screen (CSS). Also, every hit after the first hit (the one that does 18% and can kill you) is technically a projectile, so I have to learn Hex and get Hex editor if I want to do that one, which I just can't do right now. So yeah. I CAN do the hitboxes easily on the first hit(18%), but I have to pray that the application I use doesn't **** up when I try to save.

Meh, I guess we could look into it more. In reality, Dtilt is much longer than Ftilt much faster. Ftilt's range only competes with Dtilt on the second hit, which comes out slower than 12 frames (It comes out frame 16 at the earliest, which is slow), which comes out even slower than Dtilt's 9 frames, which I guess is pretty good. Hmm, I guess we really should look into Dtilt a bit more now.
From personal experience you can just dash out of it too. I just wanted to throw that out there.
;-;

Shame for it's 30 frames of invincibility and activation time (exactly half a second).

Kita, when you have the time, can you show me jab, ftilt, and dtilt from the same position so I can see precisely how the range of all three compare?
It's something I've wanted to look at for months.
Yeah, I'm waiting for either NinjaLink to get back so he can make a video of the new one (showing Double Team and roll invincibility), or for Bio to get a better capture card, which should arrive any day now. I'll tell them to do that while they make the video.

Oh hurtboxes.
Meh, they haven't shown how to do them really, but it's much more straight forward than hitboxes, it's any character body mass of significant relevance (luckily for Kita, the tail isn't part really, so uair still might as well be considered a hitbox surrounding the character).
Uair actually has less disjoint vertically than I thought though, which is sorta sad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dtilt does an okay job for killing people who are hanging on the edge. Consider it as an option against some characters that aren't MK.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Hey I was teh one who started the dtilt hype!!!!!!! >:O

I lurve teh dair hitbox. its got an incredible size.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Seriously, the under 100% getup attack has hilarious range. The only thing funnier is DK's butt attack.

Zeratulfenix

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming it doesnt show hitboxes for aura sphere charge? What exactly is the property that is used to 'highlight' the hitboxes?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'm assuming it doesnt show hitboxes for aura sphere charge? What exactly is the property that is used to 'highlight' the hitboxes?
Sword Glow effect.

I CAN make it highlight Aura Sphere, but I'm a lazy jerk who doesn't feel like downloading hex editing software and learning hex.

Also Aura Sphere's bubbles are pretty self explanatory, anyways.

I'm also waiting for a certain person to hurry up and upload the new video that shows invincibility frames too. D:

Zeratulfenix

Smash Rookie
Sword Glow effect.

I CAN make it highlight Aura Sphere, but I'm a lazy jerk who doesn't feel like downloading hex editing software and learning hex.

Also Aura Sphere's bubbles are pretty self explanatory, anyways.

I'm also waiting for a certain person to hurry up and upload the new video that shows invincibility frames too. D:
I see. and is that also the reason why projectiles dont show hitboxes?

Arent invincibility frames shown already? I guess it would be useful for certain moves though.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I see. and is that also the reason why projectiles dont show hitboxes?

Arent invincibility frames shown already? I guess it would be useful for certain moves though.
The flashes are for the most part... wrong. They usually start too quickly and end too soon.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Eh, what the hell.

Updated with invincibility. All that's left is get-up rolls, techs, and techrolls.

Edit: Scratch this. I realized I messed up the invincibility.

Top Bottom