• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey is there any reason why I shouldn't use the C-stick read please

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
when I say C-stick I mean for everything as in Di, smashes,air attacks, wavedashing out of sheild,SHFFLing,on the edge to fall, attack, or jump.

As bowser I SHFFL with the C-stick as in I jump with the C-stick and attack with it. You can quickly and easly smack them in the face and I think this could end up helping me with my out of sheild game for other charcters.

I,ve never heard of anyone esle short hopping with the C-stick so yeah anyone esle do that?

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Your grammer disappoints me.

Oi. Sounds quite challeging. I think you should proably avoid using smashs with it. You'll have the annoying problem of hitting the Z button while doing it. But im not really that good with bowser so im actually the wrong guy telling you.

theres an answear not a very good one I must admit, but none the less an answear.

Hatacatan

Smash Cadet
It doesn't appear to me that using the C-stick for aerials would be a disadvantage. You can atack forward and DI back when doing that, which might come in handy for spacing.
I am not using the C-stick at the moment, but I'm trying to implement it in my aerial game more often, because of the reason mentioned above.
I've read several people say that using the C-stick for Smashes would always be a little bit faster than smashing with A, because they are not charged up a single frame if you don't press Z.
However, I usually only use Bowser's Smashes for mindgame situations (or to punish bad recovery with a F-smash, lol), so I don't mind a little charge. =)
Correct me if I am wrong, please!

There are no disadvantages other than making it slightly more difficult to do rising aerials (sh double fairs with Marth)

I still use dpad+A for charged smashes though. so much easier than cstick+Z

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing out of shield w/ c stick?

D pad + A for charged smashes?

WHAT THE CHRISTBALLS IS GOING ON HERE

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Your grammer disappoints me.
You said 'grammer' ... lol.

It doesn't appear to me that using the C-stick for aerials would be a disadvantage. You can atack forward and DI back when doing that, which might come in handy for spacing.

I've read several people say that using the C-stick for Smashes would always be a little bit faster than smashing with A, because they are not charged up a single frame if you don't press Z.
This. And this. I totally agree.

Top Bottom