• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, ROB finally has an AT!

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
lol. I tried it after I saw it earlier today. It definitely works but there are a lot of things I haven't tried yet. When you do it forward (not dropping, but pressing A instead of Z) it's kind of like a regular glide toss but the gyro doesn't fly as fast so ROB is right behind it.

Yes, that would mean that this is AWESOME because of doing this and then grabbing (if shielded) or doing this and attacking (if dodged/jumped) or even doing this and then RAR-ing the Up-B just because it looks cool.

I think people are saying that you can do it in other directions. The original video was with zelda in HRC doing this by throwing the bat down (but it had less momentum so it didn't bounce nearly as high as a regular glidetoss). Another way for diddy to confuse people with bananas, peach with turnips, but now we can probably get some nice stuff out of this

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
They don't call it an Advanced Technique for nothing, guys. Gosh!

But, no seriously. It's very hard but in my opinion so, so useful. There are also a ton of applications for R.O.B. especially with the UFSS because he's one of the few characters that can actually create an item and has a long slide. Actually, the only one.

Weak Glide Toss the Top, and even if you can't catch it, you'll slide just behind it which puts you in an absolutely great position for a follow-up attack.

Anyway, if you guys can make me a video... hint, hint.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Sounds like it could have some great applications actually, could be a solid approach against Olimar at the very least as the gyro eats everything he does. Seems like if you got good at this you could chain it across the stage for fast movement and keep a hitbox in front of you the entire time.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
For those that haven't tried it yet, the weak glide tossing is the equivalent of pressing A to throw the gyro but also getting the glide toss momentum too --- I'm pretty sure I had one time earlier today when I got the full speed/distance of the weak toss, putting me almost RIGHT behind it---. Of course, things like this HAVE to be discovered the day before I have a tournament =P Frame data (old hint hint) would be nice =)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
if someone could get a vid of this with ROB specifically, itd be a great help.

Like:

ROB's Normal Glide toss
ROB's Glide Drop
ROB's "SuperModelShuffle" (rofl)

all compared to one another & such.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
More something like "glide recatch toss" would suit better if it I were to suggest a name for it...

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Yea, the weak one (forward) is the path that you get when you stand still and press A, like tossing, instead of throwing it with force. The difference is that now you also get the glide toss momentum, propelling you forward a bit too. It's a little weird with the timing on when you can and can't do things after you do this, though.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
Just by listening to what people are saying this sounds AWESOME. I dont have youtube at school though, so I'll check it out when i get home.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Just by listening to what people are saying this sounds AWESOME. I dont have youtube at school though, so I'll check it out when i get home.
Basically, its "flubbing" a glide toss kind of. Not in terms of the distance you slide, but the length the gyro travels. Basically, it shortens the throw and throws it right in front of ROB, softly. So, you can glidetoss->hit with gyro (or miss)->pick up gyro out of the air-->repeat-->do whatever. At least, Im *pretty* sure that's what thehub-ub is about.

Top Bottom