• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey SoCal

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I've hit like 3 walls in all my days playing smash. The reward of breaking through one is amazing, you feel like you can do anything.

This 3rd one is getting me though. It's making me like brawl O_o

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just wait

keep getting good at brawl

and realizing how good metaknight is

i dont want to ban him but

hes really good lol

brawl is more about consistency and SOLID strategies (kinda like playing each in melee where u can't have **** combos u just have to play really well the whole time)

so like metaknight its easy to do it with

i consider him an auto-win against anyone who isnt good

and then when u get good at brawl, then its fun with good people

playing with noobs in melee can be fun, but not really that much in brawl (unless u sandbag and beat them with pokemon trainer then thats pretty fun)

but its not fun to "****" noobs :C unlike melee the combos look sweet

rant

i have good spacing in my rants

Sleepy

Smash Ace
choknator proves once again he's a top tier spammer.

but either way, yeah hitting walls in anything is a big deal, because if you ever get past them, you'll be that much better. A lot of lesser players don't really care to learn the game because, they fear time investment. Those who are still in the community mostly have already invested, and like the game in the first place. That's why we don't get a lot of new people coming around trying to learn and keep at it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The average Melee player in California is FAR BEYOND what an uneducated smasher could learn in even 6 months or a year. Tech skill is second nature. Matchups are highly evolved.

Because of that alone it's hard to imagine the Melee community growing from what it is right now (besides old school Brawl players missing Melee and going back.)

IMO, like I said earlier, Norcal and Socal would have to participate and make some really big and successful well-organized Melee tournaments, and bring new people with them. Many people will realize how good the game is for competition and it will survive. It's been done with Super Turbo, and it will probably be done with 3S and MvC2 despite the existense of SF4 and TvC.

New gen fighters for the new gen? Makes sense to me.

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
I don't get to play as much as I'd like to cuz I usually only make it out to tournaments n shizz on weekends.

I don't really have the time to go to the edges of 818 during the week. For all the Smashers in the area, noone will play.

I haven't hit a wall yet for Melee, and Brawl's looking up.

If I actually got practice during the week, I'd probably improve faster D:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
He can't be close to breaking that one since he lost to Aero at UCLA :p

Grila

Smash Journeyman
dood i kno a buncha ppl that play melee so u guys shud gimme some numbers and we can get 2gether and smash it up...we really get bored off playing the same peoplpe all the time we need a whole buncha people 2 smash with

embracethe12

Smash Lord
****, i was planning on going next week
lmao halloween smashfest my house?
i'm down all of next week.

wednesday to sunday is perfect.

Atlus, joey, nes.

P you can come too,
i was hoping i could get 1v1s against you AFTER i had Lucky training for a week.

Lucky to learn a lot of new things
and P to learn consistency. (and some new things obv)
Atlus cause he ***** **** at every game
Nes cause he has never had sushi b4 and i love him.

overall what i'm saying is that i wanted to be greedy as **** and horde each player to myself.

But if you guys all come over, expect some doubles matches. and lots of 1v1s vs me.
give me hints ploz.

this may be the most **** halloween smashfest if this works out.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
The average Melee player in California is FAR BEYOND what an uneducated smasher could learn in even 6 months or a year. Tech skill is second nature. Matchups are highly evolved.

Because of that alone it's hard to imagine the Melee community growing from what it is right now (besides old school Brawl players missing Melee and going back.)

IMO, like I said earlier, Norcal and Socal would have to participate and make some really big and successful well-organized Melee tournaments, and bring new people with them. Many people will realize how good the game is for competition and it will survive. It's been done with Super Turbo, and it will probably be done with 3S and MvC2 despite the existense of SF4 and TvC.

New gen fighters for the new gen? Makes sense to me.
your lying
i started playing ocmpetitively 5 months ago
this game isn't that hard

Naota21t

Smash Champion
my first wall wasn't ever going 0-2 in tourneys.

its the ****ing baysians.

first tourney, zhu. once i start getting better, falcomist. last tournament i went to, lunin.

WTF man, wtf.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i like how the title says socal but arizona gets all in our business.

SHAME.
I lurk PacWest and I've been to Socal like, three or four times to play Smash D:

Plus I'm planning a trip up there in December just for Smash.

Top Bottom