• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, try this...

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
At 0% on an opponent:
grab -> uthrow -> jab....from jab you can do one of the following:

1. Finish the jab combo
2. Regrab and...
- (grab attack) throw
- uthrow to utilt/uair/bair
- dthrow and start chasing for more dthrows
- side throw and edgeguard
3. Down+b for a quick easy C4 stick...zomg!

Characters this worked on:
donkey kong
link
marth
pit
charizard
ike
snake
ganondorf
dedede
wolf
bowser
captain falcon

Special cases:
For these, I had to delay the jab. Meaning they could probably escape with a jump or airdodge. If they fail to do so, you can jab and proceed with what I mentioned.
sonic
toon link
lucario
falco
fox

Other characters simply were too floaty for the jab to have even a remote chance of landing.

**Disclaimer**: If they're already mashing a direction before you even begin the throw, they'll DI too far away so you won't land the jab. So it's sorta important that you throw immediately upon grabbing. If they're already buffering an airdodge, chances are you'll miss in that case too.

But hey, it's something I found while messing around today and if nothing else it serves as a good early alternative to rack up some damage. Re-test, debunk, enjoy, use in your gameplay, whatever, do with it as you please.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Yeha the thing I noticed with the cpu is that they're are esentially already SDI-ing the instant you grab them. I want to say it's programmed that they'll do that automatically and that humans won't have as immediate a reaction, but meh who knows. M2K and Ally come close.

Top Bottom