• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden characters, Subspace Emissary, and you

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
Due to the mystery enshrouding how hidden characters will fit in subspace because it seems that it has more of a story, so it wouldn't work if you were playing a hidden character that you hadn't unlocked, so I had the Idea, you can only continue only after you unlock a character, like in Event mode in Melee, or if you can unlock all the characters through SE you just unlock them through normal game play.

Now I admit I've seen the second argument a time or two, but I haven't seen the first one.

Discuss

EDIT: also, so it wouldn't be so boring You could replay through areas with different characters, to be fun (i.e. fighting Petey Piranha with Snake)

Smash Ace
That's not actually a bad idea, depending on how the character is earned. (ie: Mewtwo)

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
I think the SE will be different depending on who you have unlocked.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
That's my idea. Say, you have the first part of Subspace Emissary, but when you unlock, say, ten characters, another part opens up. If the Hidden Chaarcters weren't included in Story, I'd be appalled.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
That's my idea. Say, you have the first part of Subspace Emissary, but when you unlock, say, ten characters, another part opens up. If the Hidden Chaarcters weren't included in Story, I'd be appalled.
It could depend what difficulty your playing on, harder probably means more rewards I'd imagine.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
How about the Ancient Minister is able to control people, like a spell, and those are the unlockable characters that you have to fight, which afterwards join you later on the quest.

Darkurai

Smash Master
My original idea would work (you choose one person and follow their stuggle against the Subspace Army, with some overlap in the character stories).

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
Im gussing characters will be unlocked in dozens of ways because of all the new game modes brawl is gonna have so probably only a handful of character will be unlocked in subspace, the ancient minister is most likley conrtoling them and once u defeat a new character and free them form the ministers spell they will be unlocked.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As well, that's why we have characters like Petey Pirannah.

Anyways, some characters seem kinda hard to fit in. For instance, how would Captain Olimar, Mr. Game and Watch, and Mewtwo be brought in?

Why characters like Bowser, Wario, Metaknight, and Ganondorf be playable in this? If Ridley, King Dedede, and Wolf are added, will they be playable as well?

Lots of questions and no true answers. This is what I love about these updates.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Why cant we just unlock new Charachters thru Subspace Emmisary.

Mario is running thru his third level and bam... New Challenger Approaching.
!! Jigglypuff!! And once you beat him he is added to your team.

I mean come on its the only way it could plausibly work, why would they put a stop on story mode when it supposed to be the main attraction.

And you unlock charachter differently on how you make your decesions thru the story. Then once you have them all you get the last story unlocked.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I think that the only way that characters will be unlocked in this version is through playing as them in adventure mode.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
I think that some unlockables will be under control then you defeat them and they join you....like others have said...but not every unlockable character will be unlocked that way.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
well i think that some char. (like mario and pit or MABEY link and yoshi) will be starters that you don't unlock but just join your party but others [like (MABEY) snake)]you unlock that MIGHT join your party and it looks like you can alternate betwean storys during adventure mode insted of haveing to go back to the char. select screen. wow this is looking like a huge adventure mode! (i thoght i'd be the same as melee but with cutseens! *slaps head*)

LevesqueIsKing

Smash Cadet
What if you had to choose from a different set of characters for every difficulty setting? Mario would obviously be in the first setting (along with about 6-7 other characters) and then each setting after that would have a set of different 7-8 characters to choose from.

Not likely, but possible.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I think there will be other stories. Some enemies and such, but there would be Adventure mode, voyage to subspace or some such once you've unlocked most characters , and another mode once you've unlocked them all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What does seem possible is that if you do encounter a secret character during the adventure, you'd only be able to use the character in Adventure Mode. If you want to use him/her outside Adventure Mode, you'd have to complete a challenger match.

Top Bottom