• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High Voltage! (Pikachu Clan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lol too bad i am going to HOBO or i would come up to the omaha tourney. if you ever want help, we have a chatroom here http://xat.com/chat/room/37180170/ feel free to come and ask any questions of us. and also challenge us to online play (if you play online). I know that me at least should have a good signal, what with being in kansas. your avatar is broken btw.

Tyser

Smash Champion
You better win son! And yeah, Ill ask you for help if I ever need it. And my avatar is broken as in it's too good or as in it says "Tyser's Avatar"?

Tyser

Smash Champion
I think it's fixed o.O. But anyways, when you guys do QAC, do you use Up on the joystick or do you guys jump with X/Y/custom?

Tyser

Smash Champion
Another quick question. Does Thunder come out faster when you run or something? Ive been watching vids and it seems too good.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
yes it is a big tourney in TX with Azen and M2K showing up. and kansas is going, being housed with badnewsbear. then M2K and Azen may be rooming with us. <--------OMG
Yes sir. HOBOs are already epic. This just completely pulls them over the top. Stealth, I CAN'T WAIT! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, DSF and EdressesPieces are gonna be at the tourney too.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
no it doesnt. but yeah thunder is too good. look for some of my vids on youtube, i have som efun thunder tricksies :3 it has been buffed so much since melee. letting it hit you allows you to recover far quicker.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yeah, my control configuration is weird:
Tap Jump Off
X set to Grab
R set to Attack

I got used to QACing and Jump QACing with Y. It doesn't really matter. All that matters is that you are comfortable with your config.

krehz

Smash Ace
i agree, i have tap jump off and have R set to grab as i relly don't care for Z grab......... I use shield grab often as well, i just found that using R grab off a run was much easier...

Van Jones

Smash Lord
.................................................................................................hi Krehz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veng

Smash Ace
I use the normal config with tap jump off. QAC is kinda tricky to use aerials after you jump when you jump with x. but I find dair is easy because your joy stick is alrerady down from QACing and fair and bair just use the c stick, nair and uair are a little bit trickier...

although im not even that great at it yet... i lost to a bad toon link recently... but oh well.. :D

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
stealth i made sweet *** vids. you better make a combo vid for me that makes me look pro :p jk.

i haven't gotten a chance to send them yet...but i will now cause the Wii is upstairs instead of in the basement and-*falls asleep while talking*

zzz

krehz

Smash Ace
.................................................................................................hi Krehz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hiiiiiiiiii Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
stealth i made sweet *** vids. you better make a combo vid for me that makes me look pro :p jk.

i haven't gotten a chance to send them yet...but i will now cause the Wii is upstairs instead of in the basement and-*falls asleep while talking*

zzz
There are no such things as a combo video in brawl. Only a "i was lucky and my opponent made a lot of mistakes" video, or a compilation video.

Veng

Smash Ace
Yea its rare to find true combos in here. But im pretty sure pikachu is one of the better characters of making combos out of mistakes.

right? because of his QAC and stuff..

neji32

Smash Lord
There are no such things as a combo video in brawl. Only a "i was lucky and my opponent made a lot of mistakes" video, or a compilation video.
wrong

combos are a chain of attacks so wether or not they could of gotten out of it, they didnt causeing a combo

this whole brawl doensnt have combs stuff is noobs words..........
even anther said that brawl does have combos and "actually takes more skills to perform them since you can get out of them."

think of it like this
in melee when your in the air your like a handicap, you cant move. Its like your a handicap whos paralyzed. So basically your comboing a handicap......please explain to me where skill is involved in that? Yes melee was fun and it goes back and forth but comboing people just didnt take that much skill and thats why when brawl came out and people couldnt combo people they got mad and made that phrase......please dont be like that esam

neji32

Smash Lord
In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits. The combo requires that an initial hit connects. This hit is then followed by an often predetermined sequence of other hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hit(s) in the sequence. Depending on the game design, a combo can have a final, sometimes special, hit or be infinite, limited only by the player's skill, patience or finger dexterity. In some cases, each additional hit has an increasing negative modifier, in order to balance gameplay, for example SNK's The Last Blade or Sammy's Guilty Gear series

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice

oh trust me. i know...it was a part of the joke...

lawl.

No Combos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Aggression!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camp All Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Like Waffles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and you make me laugh.

Veng

Smash Ace
actually neji is right a combo is a chain of attacks. Although what most people refer to combo is a true combo aka hit stun combo that you cant get out of.

Im thinking about trying out tonight or tomorrow... stealthy? roller? :D

Er indepth since i read ESAMs post:

Dictionary.com The product or result of combining; a combination. in other words if you combine two attacks thats a combo.

/end topic

but if you want the combo ken or waht ever talks about how you cant escape from it.. then thats a true combo i guess... but just because your opponent makes a mistake doesnt mean it disqualifies as a combo...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
that may be true however in smash terms combo does mean inescapable. brawl however has a bunch of "combos" that have a few frames of escape/DI that are really hard to escape, which tends to muddle the issue. pikachu certainly has combos, whether utilt -> utilt (low) utilt-uair (low-mid) utilt -> thunder (high) uair->uair (low-high).

I wont be able to be on wifi tomorrow as i am home, and sunday is a hw day for me, though i can put it aside for testing. just post/get on chat room and i will test anyone.

seiryuken

Smash Rookie
YOOOOO stealth raptor when we gana do this, sorry i havent been online, school, work n all. i hope you free saturday. so we can get the show on the road

Default_951

Smash Apprentice
Lol at combo argument >.< I don't get why so many people get hung about it, either way they took advantage of their opponents mistakes by reading them, and played the game well. Everyone always gets annoyed at combo vids, I guess its mainly cus they're not as entertaining as Melee's to watch -_-

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, whatever. Truce in the combo argument? Sorry i haven't been online recently, i've been playing with a friend and got back into melee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom