• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Highest point in Linn County

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I doubt I'll come to this, and if I do it will be at random and only if you promise I'll be able to play video games for 10+ hours.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
I doubt I'll come to this, and if I do it will be at random and only if you promise I'll be able to play video games for 10+ hours.
Our Mount Mercy weeklies (biweeklies? whatever they are) usually run from about 4:30-midnight. Imagine if we started in the afternoon...

From Cornell it'll probably be me, nick, aaron, and kevin. I'll bring my wii and I can bring my tv if you need me to.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Nope. I don't know anything about anything. I Imagine we'll only attract Iowa and Nebraska(maybe) anyway. Nebraska could realistically just drive back to Des Moines and stay there if they need housing.

Kuares

Pizza
I won't be making this unless something changes, February 5th would have worked better for me :/
I have a track meet that day though so then it doesn't work for me.

Next time I'm at Joker's, I'll talk to you about when to have other tournaments, I'd rather not change the time again if possible.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Meh, it wouldn't be bad to just have a nice small local Iowa tourney. I'd be willing to go if Nebraska people wanted to, I could visit my friend who goes to IU.

Soran

Smash Ace
no money >.<

I'll come for some friendlies and to cheer people on. I could also bring a Wii and possibly a TV

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Alright, so SSF4 and BBCS will be on PS3s, one setup for each to hold the tournament and casuals on. Like I mentioned before, Nick (Dr. Slash), Soran, or Gary, (SOMEBODY) needs to bring a PS3 for BBCS and it HAS to have at least Mu and Makoto on there. Valk would be nice too, but I don't think anyone in Iowa plays that OP SOB. I think I'll one of the SF players will provide a PS3 for SSF4.

Remember, this means plan accordingly by bringing the appropriate sticks/pads.

EDIT: Also I have a question, how do you plan on running the brackets, PAPER? Or are we relying on Joker's netbook again?

Soran

Smash Ace
how long do you guys think this will take? you think it'll last as long as 12 hours? xP

well, how long are they allowing it, Kuares?

Kuares

Pizza
I've got TIO on my laptop, which I'll be bringing if you need, Blake.
That would be a godsend.

how long do you guys think this will take? you think it'll last as long as 12 hours? xP

well, how long are they allowing it, Kuares?
We'll take as long as we want, having friendlies and doing what not. No one ever asks us what we're doing there, and it's the weekend along with a break so no one is ever there. If you brought your TV, would you have a way to get it back?

Soran

Smash Ace
If you brought your TV, would you have a way to get it back?
I'd have to ask my aunt/uncle for it and depending on who I ride with, sure.

So now, it doesn't matter how long it takes. I was just worried about my mom. I called her and told her she doesn't have to visit this weekend; so it's all good.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If Joker teams with me and lets me win singles maybe I'd think about going, I want to win money. /troll

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ngamer, i have had BBCS for ever now and i never play the game, so if theres free time u should destroy me in that game so i can learn some stuff.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Depending on what character you like, I can help you right now.

Characters that I actually use and can be of most help: Jin, Lambda, Tsubaki
Other characters that I know the basic gameplan and other random crap for: Hazama, Ragna, Noel.
I won't be much help here: Taokaka, Makoto, Valkenhayn, Mu, Litchi, Arakune, Bang, Hakumen,
I don't know crap about: Tager, Carl
Who gives a F***: Rachel

Plus there will be hopefully many others that you can get beat by. Besides, I might not even win the tourney or make top 3, who freakin' knows?

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i don't really have a character since i don't get the chance to play hardly ever at all, but when i do play i lean towards rachel, taokaka, and jin.

Soran

Smash Ace
Jin-master...
just sayin' hah!

I wonder how much people are gonna do the BlazBlue O.o....

like it's a dance or something
xD

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
If I can make this (****, I BETTER make this), can I bring Mario Party 4? :3c

gantrain05

Smash Master
i can bring a wii to this as well, but no t.v. if that helps at all.

and to clarify, everything is $5 right?

Top Bottom