• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Highly Anticipated Matches

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
KK had better be getting off on Mango (pause) if we're going to see that again. Otherwise, him vs PP/Armada would be a lot better (more hype).

(I know you're just trolling, Bones)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Seriously Atlus! I don't know if your trolling or that's a habit but I can't stop noticing it now!

no disrespect I just find it hi-larious.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
PP vs KK
Hbox Javi rematch
Hbox KK rematch rematch
M2K vs Javi (I'm aware this happened, but I'd like to see it in tournament)
Axe vs Javi
Taj vs PP
Fly vs Javi
Fly vs top level players in general
PewPewU vs top level players in general
Hax+S2J vs Armada
Leffen vs America
SFAT vs Ice

If France is attending, I'd love to see all of Cyr Salepate and baxon's matches, whoever they play. Cyr vs Plup would be awesome.

edit: Caroll vs Armada

leffen

Smash Champion
Haha, I'm gonna try hard to make sure that I don't disappoint people... and most importantly myself lmao.

also i just played some friendlies against armada...

apex is gonna be soooo free for sweden

Battlecow

Play to Win
Haha, I'm gonna try hard to make sure that I don't disappoint people... and most importantly myself lmao.

gonna repeat my (incredibly successful) prediction from Apex 2012 and say that I cannot wait for your river of johns.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Yeah well I wouldn't be so sure. I'm looking forward to Leffen's and the rest of Europe's performance, and tbh,I think that if anyone has a shot at Armada, it would be Leffen in NTSC, not Mango.

PB&J

Smash Hero
if this mean tourny matches , i want to see

javi vs armada
javi vs mango
javi vs m2k

there are some other matches but i think if any of these were wf,gf,or lf it would be sick

Jockmaster

Smash Ace

Youre the only euro*** that I would cheer for...lets see what you got Leffen

:phone:

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
moar like freeden m i rite

:troll:

It's nice how if USA gets scraped we can be the Land of the Free, and if Sweden gets scraped they can be Freeden... other countries, give me something to work with...

No but seriously, I think a better question is what matches AREN'T highly anticipated. Think about some of the top players from each region and ask yourself if there's just about any matchup that you don't want to see other than ones that we've already seen quite a bit in recent months (ex. Mango and HBox have literally played five Melee tourney sets this year plus a set in Project M using their Melee mains, Mango and Kirbykaze have played a crapton, etc.). Obviously there are exceptions (ex. PP and Armada have played four sets this year and I don't know if I'll ever tire of those two playing), but honestly I want to see way too many people play each other to even count.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't wanna see pp vs hbox again, old hat by now

I do wanna see leffen get scraped by literally everyone and then start crying like a little ***** about how he had to get up at 9 in the morning so the tournament is invalid

D

Deleted member

me vs: javi, axe, zhu

i believe i have the edge vs javi/axe, but idk about zhu

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't understand the concept of "settle it once and for all." Players keep getting better and learning more. Performance is variable. Two people close in skill will go back and forth, and sometimes one can go on a roll and win 10 games versus somebody who is otherwise close. Then later they go back to 50/50.

It is definitely too much to ask for people to stop being silly. But please stop being silly.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
Wobbles vs M2K (the return of the salt?)
Javi vs everyone who he hasn't played yet and a PP rematch
Armada vs Hbox (Ylink vs Ness only)
Armada vs Shroomed
Axe vs Kage (after FC where Kage went 2-0 in Bracket and then 0-3 in the round robin top 8 thing this could be interesting)
Mango vs Chudat, Wobbles, or Fly (does Mango still go Puff for this match-up?)
Unknown vs Hbox (another salty run back after Big House 2)

There are so many more, but these are just some that came to my mind first. Apex 2013 is gonna be hype.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't know. I just think incessantly criticising an active tournament threat as being a poor player, while you yourself don't even play the game, is pretty stupid.
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. There wouldn't be fans in any game/sport if they weren't allowed to share their opinions on the relative skill of players/teams

"The pirates sucked this year" isn't a ridiculous thing to say, even if I personally am not worthy of a starting spot on their roster. It's understood that I'm speaking relatively; likewise, I'm not implying that leffen would lose to (for example) Nessroxmmysox96 or to blazing speed, only that he's overrated and an *******.

exacerbating the ridiculousness of your accusation is the fact that you never hesitate to abrasively assert your own opinions about the game and its players, even though you've never done anything.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. There wouldn't be fans in any game/sport if they weren't allowed to share their opinions on the relative skill of players/teams

"The pirates sucked this year" isn't a ridiculous thing to say, even if I personally am not worthy of a starting spot on their roster. It's understood that I'm speaking relatively; likewise, I'm not implying that leffen would lose to (for example) Nessroxmmysox96 or to blazing speed, only that he's overrated and an *******.

exacerbating the ridiculousness of your accusation is the fact that you never hesitate to abrasively assert your own opinions about the game and its players, even though you've never done anything.
Lol. Because, of course, there's no difference between rational assessments of the metagame and your weirdly obsessive vendetta against an individual.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Battlecow, you're like this guy in my choir. He hates the international phonetic alphabet, which is fine, whatever, but every other rehearsal he brings up how much he hates it with this big goofy grin on his face and everyone feels awkward and tries to change the subject.

Of course you can express your opinion about Leffen, but the right time and place is not all the time and everywhere. You really do come across as weirdly obsessive.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo the phonetic alphabet can straight suck a ****

Leffen's the worst person in the world and I'll criticize him as often as I please, in my shrine of pictures of him doused in virgin's blood or on smashboards

Still waiting for speed to bring up how me not playing the game matters at all except as a nonsensical and hypocritical lameness

on the real though I don't even leffen bash that much anymore. That was my **** like 6 months ago.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I think if anything Leffen can be underrated (if he is not feeling sorry for himself and making excuses).

If anything, he IS the Fox who has the best Peach experience in the world. Being able to play Armada regularly and hold your own against him is no joke.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Thanks to REDACT these Javi (+Tuga?) matches can actually happen :)
The only problem with his name (besides that it is the title of his amazingness) is the fact that when used in a sentence, it seems your hiding his name. Perhaps that is the reason, an anonymous beneficiary to the Southern region

Canada: The True North Strong and Free
My god that was amazing.

Top Bottom