• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hippie at his first tourney!! massive **** ( pending on vids)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Okay so I finally went to my first tourney here in NY @ Knighttable's get gimped tourney. It was utterly fun espically repping the Mario bros. I placed 25th out of 81 entrants ( pretty good for my first tourney eh?) I got 25th out of 33 in brawl doubles. I teammed up with skyace who mains luigi and we had the most bad luck ever. In our first match we had to fight Snakeee (best zss) and shadow (mk lol). we got 2-0 pwnt :/ Luigi didn't seem much of a good choice so I had to go Mario, I managed to get Snakeee and shadow's to their last stocks in a 2 v1 LOL..
Then in losers bracket we had to face magus ( it was kewl meeting him in person haha). He ***** us and his mk partner in first match, but pwnt them in second match then in last match we got utterly ***** =/

Here's the results of the tourney.

Hey guys more shoutouts later but here are the results

Melee Doubles

1: Jman + M2k ($132.00)
2: PC Chris + Scar ($66.00)
3: Eggm + Vanz ($22.00)
4: Reno + Gmoney
5: Vanilla4 + ShineMike
5: Alukard + Zro
7: John + Pisticat
7: DJ Nintendo + PGN (ariabian humming birds)
9: BigM + Bil
9: Nightmare + Remix
9: Eaode + Morg

Melee Singles

1: Mew2King ($147.00)
2: PC Chris - ($42.00)
3: Jman ($21.00)
4: eggm
5: Reno
5: Dj Nintendo
7: GMoney
7: Scar
9: Hazz
9: Ryan K
9: Vanz
9: Kwan
13: Vanilla4
13: Mogwai
13: Angelo
13: Shine Mike
17: Eaode
17: Teep
17: Ref
17: boxob
17: ChiboSempai
17: -007-
17: Zed

Brawl Doubles

1: M2K + NinjaLink ($504.00)
2: Bum + Inui ($144.00)
3: Wes + Dire ($72.00)
4: Snakee + Shadow
5: Anti + ADHD ( Anti's Mom )
5: Dark Peach + Jash
7: J.G. Wentworth + Ksizzle
7: DMT + Jtails
9: ProJoe + Diakhu
9: Hax + Basic Sausage
9: Godot + MalcomM
9: ChiboSempai + Rouge Pit
13: Doom + Oriion
13: Jman + PC Chris
13: Gurukid + Arrancar18
13: Alukard + Zro
17: Nuke + Owl
17: Reno + Vanz
17: Izumi + Magus
17: DJ Nintendo + PGN (ariabian humming birds)
17: Eli + Knightmare
17: Ch33s3 + Kevin
17: Crismas + DaiAndOh
17: Hoodsquirel- Kirin
25: Mr Peach + Squirelly
25: sintros + soul ark
25: Hippiedude 92 + SkyAce
25: SD Taco + Chaos Marth
25: Doommachine + Mike G
25: helper + whitman\
25: BigM + Bil
25: Vanix + Punishment Divine
33: CJT + DOOWOP
33: Nightmare + Remix
33: Zach + olimarman
33: Skip + VivalaSaturn
33: False Soundz + Gale
33: Doommachine + Mike G

Brawl Singles

1: Mew2King ($440.00)
2: ADHD ($220.00)
3: Ksizzle4life ($132.00)
4: Bum ($44.00)
5: Inui ($22.00)
5: Snakeee ($22.00)
7: MalcolmM
7: Ninjalink
9: Vanz
9: Doom
9: Jman
9: Anti
13: d1
13: owl
13: PGN1337
13: Eli-mination
17: Mike G
17: Problem
17: Dark Pch
17: ChiboSempai
17: Chaos Marth
17: Izumi
17: Ron
17: Shadow
25: HippieDude92
25: Orion ( The Spammer)
25: Skip
25: Shadowlink84
25: Helper
25: DoomMachine15
25: Pc Chris
25: Hax
33: Soul Ark
33: GuruKid
33: Diakhu
33: Glick
33: Ch33s3
33: Godot
33: Arrancar18
33: Kevin
33: Span
33: Sintros
33: Rouge Pit
33: DaiAndOh
33: KirinBlaze
33: OlimarMan
33: Jtails
33: Tick
49: Nolan
49: Q-Blast
49: KS136
49: ProJoe
49: brims
49: Deoxys
49: BOSS
49: DMT
49: Bshaw
49: Mr.Peach32
49: CiTH
49: CBC91
49: DeKillSage
49: whitman
49: Dj Nintendo
49: SkyAce89
65: Pushniment Divine
65: Nightmare
65: BluesEXE
65: Remix
65: HoMaLon
65: nuke
65: Zach
65: Shinagami
65: zeller
65: BigM
65: Squirrely
65: VERIL
65: J.G WentWorth
65: CJT
65: Vanek P.I.
65: Omang
65: SdTaco
65: -007-
65: Wgege
65: HoodSquirel
65: Ref
65: PGN'f Friend
65: ShippoFire
65: Bil
65: Teep
97: boxob
97: Jash
97: SpoonBob

Matches were recorded on TV2 By Chaos Marth and will be up soon.

thanks everyone for coming.
And my shoutout to some of the homies there

OSHI THIS **** WAS THE BEST!!!. Tho i came in early just doing random friendlies, while it started a hour late sorta, i was thinking it'd end up like cot4 cuz it was running late -.-. but it was ****. placed 25th outta 81 entrants ( i expected more people and pools as well unless i missed it) for my first tourney (o yeahahzz) I dominated the fkin losers brackets until D1 powershielded and ***** me =[.

mah shoutouts

Kirinblaze - Wassups, was nice meeting you, I knew i'd find you if i asked alex where your t.v was haha.

Magus420 - awesome time meeting you man. Sick, simple tigger uppercuts luigi. Dominated us in teams. it was pretty close on the last match tho until my partner missed a shoryuken on you -.-.

D1 - Dude your a god. You powershielded every or majority of my moves with your falco :[. Although i was kinda pissed that, I did not know that you can change your character if you win still :/

Q-blast - awesome zss and samus in losers bracket. But seemly I had the advantage XD GGs

BluesExe- lol you got dq'd moar victory for me XD!

Gurukid - MY BEST SHOUTOUT OUTTA THIS WHOLE TOURNEY! I fought you first, in the first friendlies in the morning, you ***** me hard, LOL in the first match my cstick broke, so i had to switch my controller. Still you beat me in the morning first set of friendles. But then in later afternoon in another set of friendlies i completely dominated you. So it was 1-1 in terms of friendlies.

alex told me I had to vs you in losers bracket which got me excited LMAO. So we fought each other, I beat him on battlefield, almost 3 stocked him but he made a comeback but i still beat him. He cp'd yoshi's island and ***** me with Zard's rocksmash >.> . So i cp'd halberd. I was close to making a 2 stocking you, but your squirtle was making a comeback in the last stock with both of us 100%+, I knew you were looking for a dthrow, and the hydroplanning mindgames XD. I remember on your second stock, i reversed fair spiked you with my mario LMAO. But on the last stock, all it took was a sweet stutter step fsmash to win the game. Very close game, one the best games ever. Gurukid is ****ING SQUIRTLE POKEMANZ BEAST. <3

Mike g - i hate mk tornados -.- personally i shoulda beaten you but you kept spamming tornado. but its w/e surprised you knockeed out NL i think to losers bracket so its w/e.

skyace - lol thanks for teamming up, our mario bros teams in friendlies was ****. but frankly we got pwnt by magus and snakeee in the first round ( what luck right? :/ ). that missed shoryuken on magus must be replaying on your mind -.-.

Snakeee / shadow - damit guise you ***** us hard in doubles on our first round -.-. But since it was me and my partner's first tourney, I think we did pretty well considering against you guise it was 2 v 1, i took down snakeee and shadow's first stock single handly in the 2nd match trying make a comeback espically since snakeee is best zss and shadow is just mk which i just suck in. So yeah i think i did pretty well in a 2 v 1 standoff with my mario XD. Too bad you guise got pwnt by wes and dire LOL..

Wes / Dire - Wes, I can see why Angelo rebuilt his Samus back in melee because of you. I can also see why DA crew is one of the most rapeful crews out there. You guys were without a doubt the most entertaining doubles EVER!. Wes's ZSS dsmashing on dire's Gaw's bucket. Dire's bucket kill IS TOO GOOD. He ***** Dark peach and jashs with a come back double ko in the end with bucket kill. TOO GOOD GUISE. You guise were honestly IMO should have taken 1st place in terms of teamwork considering you guys work soooo well together. Tho inui and bum knocked you guys out D:

Bum / Inui - Angelo told me about bum how rapeful he was. He most def is... he def has the respect and rep to keep DK going. Espically seeing you and djnintedo in melee doubles just keep saving each other and working in unison... lol sucks you guys got pwnt by m2k and ninjalink.

to the pros (i'm a first tourney go-er, everything is so much lolful seeing everyone irl) pc chris, m2k, ninjalink, drk peach, bum, wes, dire, snakeee, and everyone else, you guys are definitely pro...

lol @ pc chris getting like murdered by m2k who tried to end the game hahaha! m2k with his marth epix spike roflmao.

to my friendlies matchs - awesome matchs. I think a olimar ***** me in a close set too. Good stuff on pivot grab. nightmare and some little kid i think (?) good stuff in doubles and singles but ***** you and dominated. And lol for me ****** in friendlies on same t.v for like 2 hours straight XD!!!

Alex strife - this tourney was the best. Tho i thought it could have ran smoothly just abit better, if it wasn't for nubs doing friendlies, otherwise you were a great host! I had to see you tolerate everyone's compliants while working your fingers and your voice. I'm even more suprised you remembered my name (and probably most of others) names quickly to input it in the laptop lol. Best TO and great tourney!!!
I used Mario slightly more for some reason. But I still ***** hard with luigi for other various reasons. I might have to permanetly use Mario for doubles than luigi, cause I'm not feeling it for luigi for some reason =/. I also saw some random luigi players that names i never heard off, they actually do pretty well too.

heres my blog on everything you wanted to know what happened in the tourney.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=12516

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Skyace...is he on the boards? I don't know him. Mario Bros Team works only if both peeps are on the same level of competence in the game, but that can be said about all teams in general, so maybe that was the reason? Congratz though.

How were the matches, varied or mostly high tier?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
The matchs were errr. Abit equal but I see alot of top / high chars people used. I mostly played lower to mid tier chars ( PT, ZSS/Samus) which I won against. But then get knocked out by a Mk user, and D1's falco / D3 who is a powershield goddess.

Maybe it was just our teammwork since we only had like a hour or so to work on our doubles. Since i saw Snakeee/Shadow and Wes / Dire working unison like totallly complete beasts. Tho, I lost to mks on doubles and winner brackets singles. I have to step up my Mario bros game -_-

and skyace is on the boards, but doesn't post frequently.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Oh. My doubles partner is someone I've known for years, so we already have that inherent flow in doubles matches. In a Mario Bros Team, Fireballs can save your *** xD.

I'll bump the doubles matchup discussion, but I don't want like 3 people posting the same tactics over and over again...the only good matchup discussion I could get from the boards was the Mario bros one.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Then we need vids ><.

The biggest indicator that a team player won't work for Luigi is if they don't help when he is being gimped xD. I bumped up the Match up Discussion btw.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Duuuude thats cool you got to play against Snakeee's team, even if they did **** you. Good job especially for your first time.

On a side note, I got 1st in melee and 3rd in brawl and I was like... wtf -_-

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol nah playing snakeee is horrid. team work is soooooo needed!. but i was so happy i managed to take their stocks to the very last ones, with just plain mario alone with like 100%+ in a 2 v1. I got lucky with a fsmash and a cape gimp... good stuff.. lol..

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I finally went to my first tourney here in NY @ Knighttable's get gimped tourney. It was utterly fun espically repping the Mario bros. I placed 25th out of 81 entrants ( pretty good for my first tourney eh?) I got 25th out of 33 in brawl doubles. I teammed up with skyace who mains luigi and we had the most bad luck ever. In our first match we had to fight Snakeee (best zss) and shadow (mk lol). we got 2-0 pwnt :/ Luigi didn't seem much of a good choice so I had to go Mario, I managed to get Snakeee and shadow's to their last stocks in a 2 v1 LOL..
Then in losers bracket we had to face magus ( it was kewl meeting him in person haha). He ***** us and his mk partner in first match, but pwnt them in second match then in last match we got utterly ***** =/

Here's the results of the tourney.

And my shoutout to some of the homies there

I used Mario slightly more for some reason. But I still ***** hard with luigi for other various reasons. I might have to permanetly use Mario for doubles than luigi, cause I'm not feeling it for luigi for some reason =/. I also saw some random luigi players that names i never heard off, they actually do pretty well too.

heres my blog on everything you wanted to know what happened in the tourney.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=12516

Dude I wanted to cry when that shoryuken somehow missed magus...:( but what luck to have to face snakee/shdw AND Magus and izumi 1st round in our 1st round....

I would've placed higher if i didnt get Dq'wd for not hearing my named called 1st macth...lol
the mic was horrid at times for hearing ****. i got to play mew2king too...:) got ***** so bad..

But i can tell you i got so much experience with metaknight now just cuz of him and the 20 other people who main/counter pick him

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, we got there late and failed pretty hard in the first round with the help of some very low percent SDs & general poor play, and ended up losing in a very close set against a team we probably wouldn't have had much trouble with normally. I mostly went to play lots of Melee friendlies anyway though which I was able to do so it's all good, lol.

Then again we wouldn't have gotten to play you guys had we not lost. =D

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Wow, good turn out there, pretty good placing out of that many people. Congratulations.
Did you have to go against and DDD's?

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
idk what characters hippie had trouble with but mine was a G&W,I ***** most metaknights except for the best one.....

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
I wonder who that could be. xD
lol Doom was the G&W..that effing dtilt stops all tornado approaches and he was spacing that bair perfectly almost no punishing allowed...i took off 2 stocks but **** i still lost..lol

and im pretty sure you all know who the metaknight was...i got him to like 110% then after that i was powerless..lol it took me 2 stock to get him to that percentage...lol

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Sh**. This makes me want to go to a tourney... I was always afraid I'd do crap though.

We play completely lagless matches, hippie. How do you think I would do?

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
sorry for answering all of hippie's questions...but if you are around the same skill level you wont do bad at all..

me and hippie are pretty much dead even he did well for our 1st tourney..i should have placed better than 49 but the mic was kinda crappy and didnt hear him call my name so i was Dq'ed my 1st match and was sent to loser's....:(

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
We are around the same skill level, but hippie's jab mindgames are ****in ****...

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm quite confident that G&W is a worse match for Luigi than MK is. Bair and dtilt stop everything, like Ace said. I also went on to beating another Luigi in tourney after our MM (Skip), who I went straight G&W on. He got a game off me because I SDed at 45% match 2 first stock...stupid camera moving off the stage.

Edit: The "BOSS" that entered this tournament wasn't the real Boss, it was some random.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
yeah that was not boss..lol i got hyped cuz i wanted to play him to see where i stand at...

btw doom you a cool *** dude we gotta get some more friendlies just dont take no more money from me..lol

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
XD It was only one dollar. I love looking like a little kid, it makes people accept MMs easier. :D

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Yeah, we got there late and failed pretty hard in the first round with the help of some very low percent SDs & general poor play, and ended up losing in a very close set against a team we probably wouldn't have had much trouble with normally. I mostly went to play lots of Melee friendlies anyway though which I was able to do so it's all good, lol.

Then again we wouldn't have gotten to play you guys had we not lost. =D
I demand that we MM in a luigi ditto plz :D Was nice meeting ya ;D Your so tall lol. Your jab shoryukens are too good

idk what characters hippie had trouble with but mine was a G&W,I ***** most metaknights except for the best one.....
I got knocked out of winners bracket on first round by a scrubby mike G's MK. And we lost in brackets in doubles because of MKs. So undoubtly it's MK. Had a pretty equal time against a olimar, zelda, pt and abit others I got pwnt by D1's powershielding Falco, which was absurd lol.

Sh**. This makes me want to go to a tourney... I was always afraid I'd do crap though.

We play completely lagless matches, hippie. How do you think I would do?
I even had a hard time majority of people. Maybe you'd do abit below average or average or so.

We are around the same skill level, but hippie's jab mindgames are ****in ****...
LMFAO!! i got so many ****ing people with the jab mindgames and buffering mindgames LMAFO.
Godd **** at your first tourney dude.

lol thanks homie. reppin mah man wigi here
mad respect fool
lol 25 out of 97 isnt respectable enough i still love u polmex XD. i got hardcore prepation training from monk lolz

PolMex23

Smash Champion
wait i dont get it. Just to clarify...i know you love me i love you...alottahomo...

I said Mad respect fool

Probably the most respectful thing ive ever posted in smashboards.

I didnt say it flashy, nor arrogantly nor sarcastictly i said it bluntly with alot of meaning,

Mad Respect FooL!!!! The competition there is enough to send anyone home without pride, yet you beat atleast 4 people....much love. much love

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
wait i dont get it. Just to clarify...i know you love me i love you...alottahomo...

I said Mad respect fool

I didnt say it flashy, nor arrogantly nor sarcastictly i said it bluntly with alot of meaning,

Mad Respect FooL!!!! The competition there is enough to send anyone home without pride, yet you beat atleast 4 people....much love. much love
Is this a new side of Polmex we are beginning to see!?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

I said Mad respect fool

nah man. Cuz, i shoulda done better cuz ****ing mks piss the living **** outta me. And it was just my first tourney as all mario bros, i dont truly believe the respect until i can DEFINITELY prove it without a doubt. Just like you, how you earned yours, outrageously i respect you fool... but yeah thanks tho.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I got a upcoming tourney the 14th that i should win.

I really should.

An ima have to fight MK with Luigi most likely against some1 who Cps against me (snake=DDD, Luigi = Mk) so ima have to pull off epic winz but i think i got it.

Dont worry Fl the land of D3s up north the land of Mks out west all Snakes....

But in real hearts are the Luigis xD

Top Bottom