• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hit You Again- A ****ty RIT tourney

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Welcome to the results thread.

Here are the brackets for melee:

looks like this I think:
1st: JesiahTEG
2nd: PikaPika!
3rd: Minh
4th: Betafish
5th: Silver
5th: Spamus

A few of the melee vids are up:
here

Brawl Grand finals are up, more later.

brawl looks something like this:
1st: san
2nd: cura

other people that didn't get money

Post all of your complaints below. I'm sure you have a lot.
although aside from the ******** brawl brackets and lack of seeding, I figure everything went fine.

If I were to host a tourney again, separate from EGS would you guys come?

begin johnz

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Shoutouts:

Jesse: Your Sheik is so good! Your downsmashes look like a set of newly shined spinning rims!

Kelvin: I told you DK was a bad idea!

Neil: Stop playing Pikachu and just use Samus like Rick did. It's so much less work for the same second place finish.

Rick: Just kidding, I <3 you!

Everyone else: Stop letting Jesse win so much, geez!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
good **** beta, you have it in you. Rep cuse area melee. I gotta come train with you guys. I will be there in two weekends to meet up with people to go to g.r.o.a.t.

minh good ****, too good. how'd you do v neil?

neil... will you ever beat jesse again? jk good **** 2nd is some $$$ who cares

silver... good **** haven't seen you in a long time we had an epic set so many years ago now

spamus... how many times did you hit people with CC -> downsmash?

why didn't steffon go to this??? or the general?

good **** san in brawl with all these tournies you're going to you're getting mad famous keep ****ing people up. cura and neil good **** in brawl as always

jesse... good **** come to groat please if not it's cool we'll chill sometime soon regardless

foy where you at gotta chill

juni good **** entering

every1 else good clux next time

hubble

Smash Ace
This tournament was hilarious in so many ways. My favorite part was we weren't allowed to spectate matches xD.

Got to the venue less then 5 minutes late, brackets werent even made yet and the girl wouldnt let me enter. She started yelling at me when I was like "huh" then I walked away mid yelling and chilled with Juni for like 8 hours.

Love you kids.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Worst ****ing tournament in the history of the world. Unless someone with a few more brain cells runs this next one, I won't be there.

Awesome games though Ian.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
That'll just be what happens. They're kind of loony.
It seemed at first that they'd get us TVs and a place, but, they did poorly at both of those, and then poorly at something else, too. No way you can count on something so provenly unreliable. Oh well, lesson learned. Maybe we can rouse some hype for Nitro's tourney too, besides just GROAT? GROAT sounds pretty big, but maybe us mid-level or not quite uber-PR people can get together there. It sounds like a similar venue, but handled by an actual community member. Should be good, right?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Brawl Was

1. San
2. Cura
3. Dr. G
4. Snakeee
5. Moss
5. who ever snakeee beat.
7. Sharky
7. Pikapika! (LOL!)

Slashy

Smash Lord
That'll just be what happens. They're kind of loony.
It seemed at first that they'd get us TVs and a place, but, they did poorly at both of those, and then poorly at something else, too. No way you can count on something so provenly unreliable. Oh well, lesson learned. Maybe we can rouse some hype for Nitro's tourney too, besides just GROAT? GROAT sounds pretty big, but maybe us mid-level or not quite uber-PR people can get together there. It sounds like a similar venue, but handled by an actual community member. Should be good, right?
It has Brawl+ singles, that automatically makes it good.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Lets see i might be kinda drunk at this point but i was in winners semi finals so I shouldnt have placed lower than 4th that said i might be kinda drunk

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
shout outs:

beta: good job getting so far in the bracket
jesse: mewtwo grand finals is too good
silver: the power leveling worked
MOSS: you got knocked out by rich LOL
nightro: i'll put up our games eventually. you also got knocked out by rich LOL
spamus: cc->dsmash is not an acceptible solution for everything :p
scud missile: you should actually practice a little and you'd be able to beat me
spam: camp harder, i hear it'll make you win
RTF: thanks for sandbagging
hubble: you late, no turneyz
KID: LOL and MMs
that brawl kid who plays G&W whose name i forgot: play MK
Pikapika!: get screwed out of moneyz LOL
Sharky: awesome friendlies afterwards, step up your melee game. I'll upload your yoshi dittos to my account eventually
Jason: lol @ rigged bracket
Rich: OMG too ****ing good, also you're a douche bag

anyone i forgot: you a ho

Slashy

Smash Lord
This tournament was hilarious in so many ways. My favorite part was we weren't allowed to spectate matches xD.

Got to the venue less then 5 minutes late, brackets werent even made yet and the girl wouldnt let me enter. She started yelling at me when I was like "huh" then I walked away mid yelling and chilled with Juni for like 8 hours.

Love you kids.
Chibi is like that, she's very afraid that if things deviate even slightly from what is planned then everything will come crashing down in one big disaster. She is the reason I didn't set up the livestream. The idea of the players waiting 5 minutes for me to set it up was simply too much time wasted, they made it clear they wanted this thing over as quickly as possible.

The fact that no one could spectate matches meant that all the setups brought in for the tournament meant a lack of friendly matches, I didn't intend for my setup to receive that much use for friendlies due to being an HDTV and textures, oh the irony.

This tournament felt very...uneventful, I guess because not only did everyone need to be quiet, and the room was stupidly small. I heard some people shipped out early not realizing that everyone was given an extra chance at elimination.

darkoblivion12 said:
that brawl kid who plays G&W whose name i forgot: play MK
Phil?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion

Love you kids.
I knew I would be late, so I didn't come for fear ot some crazy chick yelling at me, so I guess even if Pyro picked up the phone it wouldn't have made a difference, lol.

Chibi vs late people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUSBrHe8Yw&feature=related

In all honesty, I can't imagine if I went there and used the tag I got dared to use. HINT: Tyrant used it....

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm kinda glad I didn't show up considering it seems like I wouldn't have even been able to play friendlies. Here's my incredible(john)story!

Me: Yeah, uhm, let's all leave at like 10:30 so there's no chance of being late.
Sis: I'm just gonna take a shower, then I'm gonna pick you up, then we're going to get Tony(fiancee)
Me: Okie. *thinking* Might as well do a little bit more of my last minute matchup study.

About 10:20

Sis: *calls* Okay, come downstairs, we're about to go get Tony.
Me: kk *goes downstairs*

We all head over the Tony's workplace :D This is going great. We get there:

Tony: I have like 20 more minutes of work left.
Me: *thinking* This is okay, I said leave a bit earlier just in case of something like this*
Sis: I magically forgot tolls existed, I only have $1.75, not enough...
Me: It's okay, I don't need lunch. *forks over 6 bucks* Wait, you said you have $1.75, can I have it?
Sis: Sure.
Me: MM money. ^-^

1 hour later.

Tony: Okay, I'm done with my work, but it appears I have too go somewhere else for more work~
Me: -_-
Sis: -_-

30 minutes later.

Tony: Okay, no they're we're done, let's see mapquest, it takes like an hour and a half to get there.
Me: ;_;
Sis: You have like the number to the people or something, right?
Me: I guess. *calls Pyro* No answer.(I also suck at leaving messages)
Tony: Wanna try anyway?
Me: We have to be there by 1, otherwise you can't enter. I don't wanna waste money if I can't even enter. I'm depressed, let's go buy 20 bucks worth of McDonalds so I can binge my @$$ off.

The End~

But it seems like I was right and it wouldn't be worth it. ^^;

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Ah, nope, possibly not.
Try getting to Nitro's thing, perhaps. I know I am. It's my makeup tourney, in a sense.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
I patiently await the next tourney...this one was jank...poor B-roc

PS: Good job Minh! Despite some mess-ups you are climbing the PR most definitely so keep it up!

Also, Betafish is getting a lot better I can't wait to see where he goes ^^

Slashy

Smash Lord
I'm going to see if the coffee shop next to RIT, named Jitters, might allow us to set up a tournament there.

Minic

Smash Apprentice
Seriously Beta. Ur so ****ing good at doubles too. Mad fun playing with you at jesse's afterward. Shame there wasn't doubles this tourney.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

Terrible rules i heard. Some chick going crazy. No spectating. Blah dee blah.

I'm so upset i didn't go.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
1st: $90
2nd: $40
3rd+: $0

Venue fee $5
Entrance fee: $5

# of entrants: 41-44

Cura's post explains who got top 8

1. san
2. Cura
3. Dr. Grandpa
Rest outlined by Cura. We don't know who Snakeee beat before he had to play Cura in loser's semis, though.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
1st: $90
2nd: $40
3rd+: $0

Venue fee $5
Entrance fee: $5

# of entrants: 41-44

Cura's post explains who got top 8

1. san
2. Cura
3. Dr. Grandpa
Rest outlined by Cura. We don't know who Snakeee beat before he had to play Cura in loser's semis, though.
there was no venue fee, just the entrance fee

also im pretty sure EGS isn't going to post the brawl results

Top Bottom