• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitbox questions (reverse soft bair, dtilt spike)

Dad?!?

Smash Rookie
So, the reverse soft bair and dtilt spike are things that I've seen happen, but I can't figure out exactly where the hitboxes I need to use these moves are. Can somebody help me figure this out? I've attached the relevant screenshots of the hitbox gifs.

Nocki

Smash Rookie
Dtilt spike only happens if you hit them with the outer most hitbox while they are in the air.
Reverse soft bair happens when you hit them with peach's upper thigh and strong reverse bair happens when you hit them with her stomach. I'm not 100% sure about dtilt, but in my experience that's what it does. I know that the reverse bair part is true though because I use that all the time while practicing.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Opposite actually, Nocki - you have to hit with the inner part of the dtilt. The opponent has to practically be in your body.

According to MacD

Nocki

Smash Rookie
That makes sense, because when Armada uses Dtilt in the Sheik MU it's usually a hit on the edge so that he can followup with an aerial combo of some sort. But yea, reverse sort bair is definitely the outside of the hitbox on the side that isn't Peach's butt and the top of the hitbox.

Thanks for correcting me Rice.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
I initially thought it was the outermost hitbox because I don't use d-tilt much, but I just tested it and yeah, it's the hitbox that's closest to your body.

Top Bottom