• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitting with Aura Sphere Charge

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Let's discuss some setups with this. Since we lack the proper frame data for all of it it will be slightly difficult, but oh well. I've heard someone say four frames of hitstun, but I'm not sure entirely.

As we know if someone DIs out of it in front of you that's an easy 6 frame grab.

Remember, when someone lands they are subjected to landing lag.
Alright guys, I went into BrawlBox and got how long each animation took. Here is my findings:
[collapse="JumpSquat Frame Data"]captain - 6
dedede - 5
diddy - 5
donkey - 7
falco - 5
fox - 5
gamewatch - 6
ganon - 6
ike - 8
kirby - 5
koopa - 9
link - 8
lucario - 6
lucas - 6
luigi - 6
mario - 6
marth - 6
metaknight - 5
ness - 6
peach - 6
pikachu - 5
pikmin - 6
pit - 6
pokefushigisou - 6
pokelizardon - 8
pokezenigame - 5
popo - 5
purin - 6
robot - 6
samus - 5
sheik - 5
snake - 10
sonic - 8
szerosuit - 5
toonlink - 8
wario - 7
wolf - 7
yoshi - 7
zelda - 7
[/collapse]
Remember this is the length of the animation, so when you are calculating the first actionable frame, you have to add one.
So, assuming you have four frames of hitstun plus landing lag, what move comes out quick enough to hit?

Our DAir!

Or if they are at a specific height... Backwards FAir.

Our FAir hitboxes start out below us, so it starts 7 frames after you initiate it. A shield cancel jump to Backwards FAir and... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYPW4wdbzQ&t=7m14s

You get the idea.

I'd like to discuss other applications/setups of Aura Sphere charge. I know its very DI dependent, but I feel it has some potential.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I do ASC -> shield cancel -> dair a lot

it works far better than it should because people don't have the reaction time to deal with it lol

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I dunno why, but 80% of the time people tend to SDI infront of me when I land on their shields with ASC and they get caught in it. Leads to a free grab obviously, but any reason why people generally SDI to our front when we're doing that?

Oh and the times when they stay behind, I'll just quickly do a turnaround grab, although it's a tad slow and risky...

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
usually people SDI up

you can be funny and shield jump cancel upsmash

although theres ussually better options

Top Bottom