• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitting with turnip 4+ times in under a second. (NOW WITH VID!)

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Please listen, i am not joking. Today i was messing around and found i can hit 4+ turnip hits in under a second, depending on how fast i can go. I made a vid and tried uploading to youtube it but unfortunately, It didn't work.

I'm not joking, i found it out due to my overuse of the turnips, most Peach mainers here wouldn't know because they don't use them as much as i do. Regardless, it's still pretty cool and rack up some nice damage with the right turnip.

EDIT: Here's the vid I was trying to upload earlier. It sucks and is pretty useless now (since its already known) but nonetheless, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt6kU7neWtA

Oh and please watch it all. The good parts happen throughout the vid.
I get tired at the end. XP

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Its close combat, so i don't know how typical Peaches will do. Anyways, have a turnip, SH and immediately throw it down, not Z-drop but down. When you throw it down and it hits the opponent, it bounces up. This is where you immediately Z-catch and then throw down. Once again, it will bounce up, but by the time you've thrown it your second time, you should already be on the floor again. But, if you do the first throw fast enough, you have time to do a second jump, and repeat another two throws.
Note, you have to move forward will you throw, or else it won't hit and you won't catch it again.

For the infinite, do the first 2 throws, but instead of jumping again, z-catch as you are falling down and z-drop both at the same time. The dropped turnip should hit and you will land laglessly (or near lagless I don't know). Once dropped, hit, and on the floor, you can be able to short hop down throw twice, z-catch and z-drop all over again.

I haven't been able to do it yet because I just found out about this today and my finger was too tired because i was trying to find some applications with it.

You should practice slow mo to know how to do it first, and then speed it up. It looks and sounds pretty **** cool.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
it seems like it is escapable though. still would be funny as hell the first time you do it in battle and your opponent doesnt expect it. XD

then again maybe it is inescapable. idk needs more testing.

EDIT: also did you do this at 0%? because it sounds like it can only be done at 0 which would make it kinda situational. like it would have to be your first move.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Its not escapable if your opponent doesn't expect it. Honestly, would you ever see a Peach randomly doing that?
And yeah i did it at 0%. I mentioned it was to rack up damage right? Yeah, i guess it's not infinite because the more damage the person has the higher the knockback of the turnip. But still, can someone do this and upload to youtube? Youtube won't upload my vid. Or, I can send it to someone and they could upload it for me.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Its not escapable if your opponent doesn't expect it.
QUOTE]

so it is escapable. what i meant is that regardless if they knew it was coming once they get hit by the first throw then they are locked into the other three. but its not like that....is it?

you need to rack up damage way past 0%, ecspecially for peach.

still it is cool, im not trying to be an ******* who is just shooting it down right away but i was just wondering. :(

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
No that's how it is. They'll be locked into it. It's very fast. Can you imagine 2 or 3 turnip hits in a single short hop? It's pretty fast. You're basically spamming Z down. too fast to react.

Man, i want to get a vid out.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
No this isnt a lock. It's escapable at higher damages. The "lock" depends on knockback, whereas the naner lock trips the opponent a certain distance everytime.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm confused. If you've managed to showcase your peach to us in another thread via a video, I don't see why you couldn't use a one here.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused. If you've managed to showcase your peach to us in another thread via a video, I don't see why you couldn't use a one here.
Well like i said in the other thread, that match was done months ago. And on this, i said i just figured it out yesterday.

It's either this

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184815

or most likely this

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212897

either way, I think this has been discovered although I wasn't aware of the x 4 way

Sadly, this is pretty escapable. However, it's a pretty cool OoS option on big characters like Bowser at low percents
Yeah it's the second one. I was also able to do some followups too, which i failed to mention here. And the x4 is just jumping again. Furthermore, the sword doesn't work very well. It'll maybe work once or twice and Mr. Saturn is just a freaking blast to do it with.

If i remember correctly, you can even zdrop as you are going up and then double drop or x4 drop. But you have to have some crazy reflexes. I haven't tried doing it with other items yet, like nanners.

And sorry i wasn't aware of this. I haven't been on this board or SWF for months. Hey, atleast i discovered something on my own huh? Even if it already has been discovered...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not that I've extensively tested it or anything, but I believe this multi-hit might be a key component in that 0-80% combo God-is-my-rock was going on about.

We're still waiting on his "big reveal" though.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Is it even worth it? I mean a turnip does like 5% or something... 4x = 20%... which is about as much damage as you get with float->dair->dair... if you get my drift...

now 0-80%... that would be awesome

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Is it even worth it? I mean a turnip does like 5% or something... 4x = 20%... which is about as much damage as you get with float->dair->dair... if you get my drift...

i'd imagine that it's free hits though. lol.

who wouldn't want free damage?

Villi

Smash Lord
It's neat and flashy. It looks like it takes practice, but whatever. Pushing down on the shield button is pretty easy, though, and it makes turnip disappear... so don't over estimate its usefulness. Still, it could be neat as a grab/dsmash/dair set-up, which should get them even if they shield. But heck, if they shield, you would probably just air dodge into a dsmash anyway so it doesn't seem so bad.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice

Not quite. Theres more than one type of turnip. And even the stronger ones can give off quite some damage. I think i was able to get to 40 damage or around that area a couple times. Even stitchface can hit twice for like 50-60. Not only that, they lead to all sorts of follow ups. Theres grabs, jabs, tilts, whatever. You just have to have a fast reaction.

In addition, the combos go wild when you pull out Mr. Saturn. And the sword can also rack up some damage, only once or twice though. It has as much knockback as stitchface.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
also, mr saturns property is to break shields...so if they shield a saturn..and multi-hits?

oh boy. :)

a smash thrown saturn can break a near full shield.

Top Bottom