• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmm...There's a method for Balanced Brawl to be loaded w/out homebrew, right?

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I'm aware it involves making Brawl crash and load gecko.

This trick could be used for any number of codes for gecko, correct...As long as you remove the SD card, effectively stifling any attempts to load textures.

Now my question is, there used to be a code back when texture hacking was in its toddler stages that prevented custom stages from loading at the stage select screen...

Would the use of that code make it so you wouldn't have to remove the SD card to get things to load, thus allowing texture hacks on the fly?

Just curious :)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yes. Balanced Brawl already uses the disable custom stages code by the way.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The current version of the codes available to the public includes the disable custom stage code by default, and we have a download with file replacement (texture/music) support. It should be easy for you to set up to do what you want to do.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Ah sorry about that, I suppose I came across the outdated guide... I had been wanting to demonstrate some texture/PSA/moveset related things to some people, but quite frankly did not want to lug my Wii all the way down there.

So I suppose this topic can be disregarded, for I has the dumbz.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of running BBrawl without Hombrew Channel, couldn't you use Bannerbomb and Gecko OS to run Brawl+/BBrawl without ever having to delete your custom stages?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Speaking of running BBrawl without Hombrew Channel, couldn't you use Bannerbomb and Gecko OS to run Brawl+/BBrawl without ever having to delete your custom stages?
Of course you could.

Also, it would probably be possible if they used a different menu for the brawl+ than custom stages, like maybe Rotation mode, which as we all know is the most useless mode in the history of video games.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
Of course you could.

Also, it would probably be possible if they used a different menu for the brawl+ than custom stages, like maybe Rotation mode, which as we all know is the most useless mode in the history of video games.
No it'll have to be one of the menus that access the sd card, so rotation wouldn't work.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
The current version of the codes available to the public includes the disable custom stage code by default, and we have a download with file replacement (texture/music) support. It should be easy for you to set up to do what you want to do.
We now have one without the disable custom stages code for homebrew users thanks to my persistent whining and PSY's hacking. :p check it out in the balanced brawl forums.

Top Bottom