• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 19: i allow meta and my turnout drops again(FULL RESULTS ARE UP + 51 vids!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Then you weren't lookin. We were over behind the MvC 2 section. You should of heard a random black guy screaming every now and then as that was me hyping up epic ****. :V

The setup was there from 4 PM to 2 AM. Almost 11 ****ing hours. If you seriously didnt see Brawl+, you werent looking/paying attention or you're blind as I dont know what.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
HEY INUI HOW COME YOU DIDNT PAY WITH YOUR NEWLY FOUND $50? NuB

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
lol i'm just wondering, does dugfinn like read smashboards? cuz if she does, i couldn't imagine a girl NOT being completely creeped out by some of this shiz lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Obviously an Inui post below...

This is not entirely correct. The strictness of a TO can make such a thing possible.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6965

I started this event at 1pm. I had 7 set-ups.

I finished before 2am.

Friendlies were allowed too much at this event. Every time you take a few seconds to make someone get up, it adds time to an event. When you add time to an event, it always increases exponentially since delays cause more delays and they stack on top of each other.

Alex Strife and I have 0 tolerance for people playing friendlies on set-ups designated for tournament use.
You could not have done MY situation and still got it done before 2. When you deny people the BEST part of about tournaments(friendlies), yea u can get anything done. When people pay to get into my events, they pay for friendlies as well. I honestly cant deny them that.

At WHOBO, Mew2King and I fought Santi and Dojo almost immediately in teams, then Tyrant and DSF right after that, and then Zori and Espy in winners semis. Do you not see something wrong with that? Dojo and Tyrant fought very early in singles despite it being obvious from teams and Tyrant's SoCal rank that he deserved better than that.
Zori and espy and not a top team......olimar and sonic. But like i said before, i allowed the "skilled/more experienced" players to seed and look what happened to you.

At both HOBOs I attended, I was seeded like a scrub. Broly was my second opponent, and he is obviously really good. After that was PhantomX. If I won that, I would have fought seed one, UltimateRazer, right after. I am 4th in NJ, a very strong state, and have many top level accomplishments; I deserve better than that. In doubles, Vex and I were given seed five under every good TX team for some reason. In low tier singles, I had to fight the one person I was terrified the most of in quarters despite me being a dominating player in difficult low tier events all the time, which I proved at this by crushing everyone in my way on the way to 4th after I lost early to Lee Martin, and then I had to fight him again in losers. The other half of the bracket was a joke; it was just Vex and Bored while my side was stacked with me getting shafted.

Your side had me/lee and you when it comes to hard people. THATS IT! The other side had Dojo/Gnes/Magik/Vex/Dekar. All of them are REALLY good low tier players. Yea you can say you are better than them AFTER the fact but at that point and even now you have no clue how good gnes(who is over all better than you) and dojo(who is over better than you) and magik(who beat vex) and Dekar and of course Vex(who you didnt want to be on the same side with). Now had you been switch with vex(cause remember, you 2 cant be on the same side) and he did poorly, you would STILL be complaining.

To be honest, EC(or at least NJ) is not as good as its made out to be. Im just gonna say it flat out.

While I definitely appreciate you banning the stage finally, don't pretend that the stage itself isn't a factor. You saw it for yourself all day. It's a horrendous stage that allows random factors to decide who wins over skill. Did you not see Lee Martin in low tier grand finals get killed by Pictochat when the match was going even?
You know, your right. I saw lee martin get gayed by picto chat and i even asked him about it. He KNEW that formation was gonna mess him up and he didnt reacted quick enough. He didnt john about. My region LOVES this stage(even though i dont like it that much) so i may keep it but as promised, HOBO 20 it will be removed just for you.

You had a mere 7 less players than before, and it wasn't because of Meta Knight. Did you take note of the higher amount of OOS attendance at this event? Did you notice that a decent amount of players dropped from singles due to how late it started or just distaste for singles in general? Meta Knight didn't change your attendance at all. People are pro-ban, people are anti-ban, but in the end we are all Smashers that love tournaments and will keep going to them regardless. I attend MK-banned events despite being the loudest and most stubborn part of the anti-ban side in the SBR.
Ive had non meta events that pulled in more than this.

Jake: what i said about melee wasnt a bad thing for you guys. it was a bad thing for brawl.

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
LOL Xyro doens't know who I play.

Yes Xyro in singles I went Fox, but not ROB. it was Fox and Meta knight.

Low tier was PT all the way. I was only metaknight in Doubles. If you don't mind changing it :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You could not have done MY situation and still got it done before 2. When you deny people the BEST part of about tournaments(friendlies), yea u can get anything done. When people pay to get into my events, they pay for friendlies as well. I honestly cant deny them that.
Why not? I did it with 7 set-ups. You could have had 4 friendly set-ups for only friendlies and still accomplished what I did.

Zori and espy and not a top team......olimar and sonic. But like i said before, i allowed the "skilled/more experienced" players to seed and look what happened to you.
You are the host. You are responsible.

Your side had me/lee and you when it comes to hard people. THATS IT!
Why did I fight Lee Martin in quarters? Obvious error.

The other side had Dojo/Gnes/Magik/Vex/Dekar. All of them are REALLY good low tier players.
Vex is.

The others, lol...

Yea you can say you are better than them AFTER the fact but at that point and even now you have no clue how good gnes(who is over all better than you)
He is only better than me at singles and uses less characters. How is that "overall better"?

Also I **** Ness with Ike. Ask Zucco.

and dojo(who is over better than you)
He is only better than me at singles and uses less characters. How is that "overall better"?

Dojo got crushed by me in low tier singles. Twostock 50% and then twostock ~140%. Captain Falcon is super garbage.

and magik(who beat vex)
PT gimmick.

Also, they fought first or second round, and if you seeded Magik to be "good" then it shows yet another seeding error. Interesting.

and Dekar
Me: "Dekar, who do you use in low tiers?"
Dekar: "Eh, anyone really, I don't really play any low tiers."

lol

To be honest, EC(or at least NJ) is not as good as its made out to be. Im just gonna say it flat out.
You're going to see how wrong you are when you show up here November 14th. NJ/NY is extremely powerful.

You know, your right. I saw lee martin get gayed by picto chat and i even asked him about it. He KNEW that formation was gonna mess him up and he didnt reacted quick enough. He didnt john about. My region LOVES this stage(even though i dont like it that much) so i may keep it but as promised, HOBO 20 it will be removed just for you.
...What? He knew it was coming or something? Wtf?

The fact that something like that can happen is just...dumb. That stage is not fit for competitive play.

Ive had non meta events that pulled in more than this.
Yes, and? You addressed nothing that I said. Having MK legal or not legal does not affect your attendance at all. It has 0 effect.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Inui is just really dumb and thinks adding in images of lawyers from a DS game boosts his arugmentive skills when it doesn't.

His ego is sooooooo big.

~Smith

Gea

Smash Master
Are you seriously saying that you are an overall better player than Keith? :laugh:

I don't get why you insist on constantly shooting yourself in the foot socially.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Vex is.

The others, lol...

PT gimmick.

Also, they fought first or second round, and if you seeded Magik to be "good" then it shows yet another seeding error. Interesting.
Words can hurt you know.

Also the things i did were not gimmicks, there are several follow ups i can do following the hydrogimp instead of a footstool, vex just fell for the most dangerous one because of MU inexperience i suppose, i could have done a double footstool after his second jump, do a fair or bair immediately, or do the footstool but land on the ledge at a different time, it works especially well on bowser because of his poor vertical recovery. Besides i won the second game of the set without gimping him with it. The second set wasnt exactly a domination and both were really close. I believe vex himself said i was a good PT and my zard was ****. (paraphrasing).

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Inui basically it seems like you're just upset about having to play all the good players in Tx. But your whole basis for the argument is that you're better? (So it seems from my brief reading of it) But if that's the case than you should've won so I don't see the problem.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Also i tnk xyro means that ill probably be a better seed in a future low tier singles event, there is no way he would have made me a good seed this event at all since it was my first upstate lowtier signles event

The last time me and xyro played was at hobo 11 and that was several months ago, and im sure that none of the people that did the seeding would have vouched for me either

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also I don't know what Inui is making such a fuss about.

inui stop crying you dont HAVE to come

afk
Who are you? :confused:

Inui is just really dumb and thinks adding in images of lawyers from a DS game boosts his arugmentive skills when it doesn't.

His ego is sooooooo big.

~Smith
So, factually proving things consistently is somehow dumb? I use the gifs for fun.

Prove something I have said is wrong. Go for it. You won't be able to, though. You can just randomly say I'm dumb because you don't like me, because I'm certainly not wrong.

Yeah Inui basically it seems like you're just upset about having to play all the good players in Tx. But your whole basis for the argument is that you're better? (So it seems from my brief reading of it) But if that's the case than you should've won so I don't see the problem.
oh

my

GOD

Why do people keep spewing this garbage?

Bad seeding is unfair for every single player in the event. Disregarding TX consistently seeding me like a scrub, I have shown countless errors in TX seeding that have absolutely nothing to do with me.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Do you like people bugging Dugfinn when she's trying to help run the tournament?
Chu... Honestly, I wish people would bug me. No one ever talks to me or plays me and it makes me sad... I'm not scary! I'm easy to destroy in brawl for lols - play meeeee!!!

I'll make her some good fried mushrooms sometime. Those yesterday were terribad.
Le gasp! *makes mental note* Gea=awesome!

hobos dont need to be 2 days, singles just needs to happen first or second
2v2 followed by 1v1 is actually way quicker statistically. Problem at this one was that Melee was at the same time AND the bracket got glitched funky.

Oh yeah, something I've been forgetting to ask, was there a wii sensor bar left over back at HOBO 18 at Planet Zero? Someone took it out of my Wii and Dugfinn said she remembered someone having to use it for a wii that shut off, and they never put it back and we couldn't find it so Dugfinn gave me her sensor bar and we figured mine would be left over and she'd take it. Just wondering if it was ever found.
I found it, no worries, yo. ^ ~

What i heard from Bracket from numerous people was that at first the bracket was horrible, then dojo/jerm went to go fix it. Many people said it was good. Then they said after that DugFinn/other TO went and changed it(probably put it random lol) and here we are. We got to fix these bracket problems guys.
No, I didn't touch the brackets. The one time I did, it was necessary. I changed two names and I confirmed it with several of the top players that I called over as witnesses after asking them if the change was OK with all of them.

Please please PLEASE in the future, do the following:
-If you win a match, report it. Don't assume the TO knows who won, even if it's painfully obvious. IF YOU DON'T REPORT THE MATCH, THEN THE RESULTS CAN'T BE RECORDED.
-If you have to leave the room, TELL THE TO. This applies especially if you're getting food.
-If you're playing friendlies on a TV and someone has to do a tournament match, GET OFF THE TV.

I really think Xyro needs to be a lot harsher with things I listed above and so do I. I try to be nice and forgiving, but god**** people really do take advantage if given the chance.
RocketTrainer... You are amazing. No. I'm not being sarcastic, you really are.

Oh, yes, I didn't take over as TO until about 5:30 pm. My Tio program on my laptop has never failed me before and I've run over 200 tournaments on it (I do WAY more than Smash tournaments guys, heh). All I can say, is that it must have glitched. Shrugs. When I got on it, it didn't cause problems, so my guess is that was an isolated incident that happened while I was gone. I apologize for the inconvenience. I've already destroyed it off my computer and re-installed it again, just in case.

RT is correct. If we call a match, PLEASE get off that TV if you're doing friendlies on it. And PLEASE report your match. I counted over 10 instances of people NOT reporting their matches... And one player (who I will not name) even went so far as to SAY it was a tourney match when it asn't just to be able to keep player... Seriously, ugh.

and the tvs made my playing feel wierd like everything was off
*raises an eyebrow* Playing on TVs makes you feel weird, heh. Heh, heh. Hilarious.

Pictochat is amazing I don't know what you people have against it
you all must be terrible at random chance games
Right! Russian Roulette is AWESOME!

It is a possibility that Tio was an older version. It is not my computer so I cannot really say for certain.
Nope, the second latest Tio. *shrugs* It's the most current one now.

About the pay out. You have no idea what you're talking about. Pay out was WRONG. Which is why money was missing. I won't get into it now but I'll let Xyro or some else clear it up. It was 80$. Not 40.
It's a host's job to make sure that the payout is correct. If the payout is not correct, a host must take responsibility. I don't hold anyone accountable otherwise.

If tournaments are running so long[This has become the norm], maybe Texas needs to step it up in set ups? Razer told me they had 12 Tvs. In Louisiana we can get 8-10 set ups for a 30 man tournament.
Ugh... I can't transport that many TVs until my van is not dead anymore. So... If other people bring set-ups and/or Wiis, that would be lovely. Seriously. Please.

One tournament should occur at a time until finals in which only one tv is needed to do it. From there you can do a few things
- seed the brackets
- Check all money and payouts
- assign tvs and figure everything out.
Cho, my fault... I sort of ran off (for once) till 5:30 pm (playing BlazeBlue and etc) because I was told "we got this" by the others. Honestly, they did have it, but then Murphy's Law happened while the planets aligned and Ganon took over Hyrule and crap happened. Please take Hobo 19 as a grain of salt in the vast sea of our off game day.

Have I mentioned how awesome you are by the way? If I didn't, ahem: You are awesome.

Sethlon is amazing. :)
That's what she said. *points to self*

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
So, factually proving things consistently is somehow dumb? I use the gifs for fun.

Prove something I have said is wrong. Go for it. You won't be able to, though. You can just randomly say I'm dumb because you don't like me, because I'm certainly not wrong.

[/b]
You said your better then people yet you lose to them.
Stop crying on a online fourm site where nearly no one likes you because you constantly complain about everything in existance about everything is unfair or you being right. Last time I recalled, Jesus wasn't a fat guy who smells like garbage. ;)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You said your better then people yet you lose to them.
When have I played them? Oh yeah, almost never. I just have better records than all of the TX top three in doubles and low tier events and typically bust out more characters in tournaments. Those are facts, brah. Can't really contest them.

Stop crying on a online fourm site where nearly no one likes you because you constantly complain about everything in existance about everything is unfair or you being right. Last time I recalled, Jesus wasn't a fat guy who smells like garbage. ;)
Ok, middle school insults.

Care to actually prove me wrong or not?

Of course not. In a battle of wits and intelligence, you are the dirt beneath my boot. You can only hurl insults.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Sorry p4 that only happens at the event itself, when we get home on the internet i hate all of you
:( but that's RTs job

also everyone should take their *****ing to the Houston thread and just leave this for shout outs. GHNeko is the only one who has even left shout outs and for that I applaud.

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
Gonna do a shoutouts thing while I'm thinking about it.

Xyro: You're a beast of a TO. Dude I know you think HOBO 19 was bad but I enjoyed the **** out of it. Good job man.

Duggfin: See above basically lol

Melee1: I'll get you one day you badass

Jumpman: Way to show people that playing wifi can help man. Not to mention you got 4th with... WOLF. We'll do our MM at next HOBO aight? See ya on wifi ;)

FOGO: Sucks we didn't really get to play D3 mirrors, but I'm gonna start using him so that way they'll be interesting by the time HOBO 20 rolls around :) Maybe we can team sometime?

Bwett: Thanks for teaming with me in doubles :) Sucks about our luck, but if you're ever up for it I'm sure next time will be a top 5 day for us

GHN: You suck at Brawl+ I'd quit if I were you.

Vorgy: I can't believe you beat me xD I'll get ya next time man

Dkar: Dude you were so cool, hope to hang out with you at another tourney sometime

I try and Matt: Thanks for going with me and splitting gas you guys. Buy wiis so you can actually play this game and get good!!!

Kown: MM at every tourney we're at huh? Lol I'll see ya at HOBO 20, your Pit is too good and so much fun to watch.

That's it I believe...

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Words can hurt you know.
Forgive the man for he is very blunt ^_^

Also the things i did were not gimmicks, there are several follow ups i can do following the hydrogimp instead of a footstool, vex just fell for the most dangerous one because of MU inexperience i suppose, i could have done a double footstool after his second jump, do a fair or bair immediately, or do the footstool but land on the ledge at a different time, it works especially well on bowser because of his poor vertical recovery. Besides i won the second game of the set without gimping him with it.
Interesting.

The second set wasnt exactly a domination and both were really close.
Uh, you did indeed win the first set legitly, matchup inexperience isnt much of an excuse, especially in low tiers, however second set was not that close. Game 1 was I believe a 2 stock high %. Game 2 was on Rainbow, so getting close to winning doesn't matter that much on that stage, but its whatever ^_^

I believe vex himself said i was a good PT and my zard was ****. (paraphrasing).
I said Charizard was your best character when using Pokemon Trainer, however it is really good.

Good sets regardless of everything ^_^

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
[/quote]
oh

my

GOD

Why do people keep spewing this garbage?

Bad seeding is unfair for every single player in the event. Disregarding TX consistently seeding me like a scrub, I have shown countless errors in TX seeding that have absolutely nothing to do with me.[/QUOTE]

If it was garbage, EVERYONE wouldn't keep spewing it now would they? Unless you're calling EVERYONE (all of Texas) idiots? At which point I wouldn't think someone with your intellectual integrity and just PURE awesomeness would even want to come down here and mingle with us *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom