• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 19: i allow meta and my turnout drops again(FULL RESULTS ARE UP + 51 vids!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You're not gonna get that level of accuracy in seeding without plenty of prior data to go on, so until then, seeded brackets will likely go more like

R1: Some guy vs someone who's completely outclassed
R2: Two guys who both know how to play
R3: Players around the good-to-great level
R4: Hopefull players at the great level, though up to 40% might just be good

-Ran

Smash Master
The only way to get decent seeding is to do pools. Texas has too many people that are around the same skill level pending the day of the week. There's ten people that have an honest chance of getting top three in any tournament they have. There's at least twenty people that can threaten those ten people that are going for top three. In a game where match ups are important, it becomes even harder to make sure that someone doesn't walk into something that is flat out disadvantaged.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Since nobody else is willing I'm going to step it up and start with what this and all result threads should be all about.

bromance.

SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2vs2 (reg)

Dphat = I loved hanging out with you man. You're too sexy I miss you and your farts already. :(

PhantomX = You didn't give me that promised practice! </3 haha jk. I loved how I mindgamed you outside of the venue though that was too hilarious. That's what you get for not putting out!

"Best of Friends Best of Duelist (Broly and Vash (or Tidus))===Marth+????" = Good **** getting 5th guys. I'm proud of both of you placing highest of the RGV in teams and stop fighting so much with each other during your matches. lol

Esca / CY = My lovers! I miss you both already. You're both too beautiful and something about CY not being on his tan prime right now made me a little depressed. Esca however, looking good. ;)

Zori = Teach me Olimar already!

GDX = How did everything go for you? I'm sorry you had a hard time making it back, but I really hope my ride to the hotel helped.

Ice = SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! I really wanted to see you play some singles man. Hopefully next time. Thanks for all the coaching it really helps to have someone help you keep your cool. And don't forget... CAMP!!!!!!!!! lololol

Also, I'm way better than you in Rainbow Cruise Ice, sorry. :p

1: Dojo = No dude, you didn't Falcon punch me. :p ...Actually next tournament, I want to get a Low Tier money match against you. My Mario and my tent will be ready. :p

2: UltimateRazer = Stop being bad at Snake dittos! lol, and good stuff getting 2nd. Where's the money you owe me? :mad:

3: Gnes = GNES!!! MAKE ME A SIGNATURE NAO!!!!!!!!!!! also we didn't bond this tournament and for that reason alone I will steal Sunny away from you. Sorry. :)

4: Jumpman = Your wolf is a beast, no joke. I was scared. I had you FIRST round of the tournament and you won! I can't believe you juggle trapped me so well in game three, and the fact that you outcamped me (seriously guys this guy outcamped ME) is scary. Really close set though, I don't feel bad to losing to you because you are good.

5: Sethlon = SETHLON!!! I'm proud of you for getting 5th. Hopefully one day you'll love me again. :(

5: Fogo = FO-GOOOO is not a NO-GOOOO and he loves VOR-GOOOO! (In my mind). Also you need to have a big black ***** money match with Bear ASAP in my room. Seriously, camera ready. Also I challenge youz to a Money Match next tournament we meet. I NEEDZ DDD practice just spend my money wisely plz. :(

7: Bare Necessities = BADNEWSBEAR daaaaaaaaang stepping it up plz teach me how to play Snake. Also it is a MUST that you read the above shoutout. ;) ...I assume that with the amount of events going on there was no way we could get our set in. We need to keep trading our Mario secrets though. :p

7: Lee Martin = :O Stop ****** my butthole :(. Haha I loved our set, I can't believe you ran the timer on game 3 lol that was funny. Especially when we played the sudden death for the lulz. I enjoyed the set even though it was exceedingly campy. Well... all my sets are. haha. One day we will eat each other's buttholes out I guarantee it, until then man nice hanging out with you again and lets play again next tournament. :)

9: Bwett = If there was a contest for the sexiest man in this tournament that just makes me want to get my gay on it's you. Something about your sexy facial hair and I want to bang you and never talk to you again attitude with that slight hint of I'm into the nasty stuff is really really sexy. Also, our Diddy / Snake matches were fun, MIGHT as well throw that in there. :p

9: Melee 1 = Broly should have camped Popo like I taught him. haha

9: Trela = TUHRELAAAAAAAAAAAALALALALALA stop beating Broly all the time that's like unethical. :(

9: Vorguen = :O

13: Ozz = WTF you doing placing in 13th!!! You need to win a HOBO already dude seriously. Also sorry for the phone fail, LMFAO. I seriously don't know what phone I have my mom got three of those for free for being a teacher. Also when are we going to have more seriouslies? (serious friendlies) lol

13: Broly = Thanks for coaching me fool, and good **** beating UTD Zac. I'm proud of you and lets get some more practice in this week. :)

13: Furious Duffman = I always wondered why you were so mad... :(

13: Hylian = Sorry for not letting you unleash the master sword. I couldn't AdapT to a change like that. :(

In all seriousness though our set was a lot of fun. I camped so hard I was scared of your infinites lol. You kept grabbing me and infiniting me away from my grenade I was like NOOO THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BLOW US UP!!!!!! haha. I hope we can get some matches in the future and my brother and Cloud in the other TV copying us was so random lmao.

17: Dekar = THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you came and hung out. I especially loved you NOT teaching me all the sexy things you told me you would but at least you let me hug you. :) Come again to Houston man because every HOBO I go to that you don't I get a little bit more depressed inside. :( You're one of my favorite smashers ever and one of the ones I met on my first trip to a tournament ever and I want our friendship and love to keep growing. :) <3 x 1,000,000

17: jnig = Daaamnit why haven't we bromanced yet?!?!

17: UTDZac = DON't JUDGE ME! you tried too hard that third stock in our friendly. It was hammer hammer hammer hammer. I dodged your 9 though, MUAHAHAHAAHAHA

Also stop lightning kicking me that's very bad manners! :p

17: DMG = Best Wario coach ever. We need to play more for sure, it sucks that you live so dang far. :(

17: Aurturito Burrito = I just died in your arms tonight. :)

17: Vex = BOWSAH

17: Error = I still don't know who you are you need to find me next tournament!

17: A male platypus = Sexiest man ever! Where do you live by the way? I loved our sets in Low Tiers and in this one, man the last kill was too crazy I swear it was a complete accident! We need to keep playing man keep coming to these tournaments for sure. Maybe one day I'll take you up on your offer to team. :)

25: Sudai = Wise Su-bi!!!!!!!!!!!! Well... technicality with the whole Quad thing... I really can't post any form of epic shoutout that would measure to the quantity of love I have for you. Seriously, it made my trip that you were there. WARN ME NEXT TIME!!!

25: shlike = Best Zero Suit in Texas. You will win a HOBO, I guarantee it with your massive amounts of skill.

25: Jerm = VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSH... Vash.... Vashina?

25: Deviation = Dude, I love you so much. Sorry for gimping your Ness so much, I hope you still love me. :( ...we need to keep hanging out and having DV8N / Vorgy / PhoenixRetardedHairAlpha bro moments, they are too epic.

25: Magik = Best Low Tier doubles partner ever. :D ...We need to train Low Tiers throw a smashfest at your place soon dude.

25: Bord = Our set was so fun man. I was so scared of that sword it was coming all over the place. Also that jab stuff. I had never seen that before I was like WTF!??!?! What do I dooooo lol. We'll have that money match as a rematch next time we meet. Deal?

33: r0ni = RONI!!!!!!!!!! I love you and you're butthole too sexy please think of me in the shower. :)

33: Espy = You're too slow!

33: Furbs = YOSHI!... where was scooby this time. :(

33: Kown = I didn't get to play you AGAIN. :(

33: KRDSonic = Same as above... lets play asap!

33: K Prime = I need Pika experience play me next time dude.

33: Vicky = Best doubles partner ever!

33: Kates = Where is the cream?!?!? ...also another shoutout that would be undeserving no matter how hard I try. <3 Kates and it's still bromance even though you're a girl, you're still my bro. :)

33: YOSH = YOSH!!!!!!!!!! KANPAI!!!!!!!!!!!!

33: PhoenixAlpha = BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <333333333333 BEST HAIR EVER!!! Also read DV8N's shoutout. :D I love you both too much.

33: Teh Brettster = Teh BrETTsStErZ

49: ****in Tree = Is this Good Ol' Tree? If so... SEXY OL' TREE!

49: Tidus = Vash... stop sandbagging in singles already seriously. I don't know why you don't try harder dude!

49: Juj = JUJ!!!!!!!!!!!

49: Tay = O-Tay

49: Cloud = Too many LOL's on the drive over to Houston, haha.

49: Chaos Marth = Our set was fun man, good stuff!

49: infinity = **** people again for me!!!! :(

p4 = P4!!!!!!!!!!!! SEXIEST MAN ON THIS PLANET! I could ramble for hours about how I love you and it wouldn't be enough. You need to move to the RGV already fool!

Xyro = I know people complained but as always I had a great time and it was a great tournament. Thank you for doing this for us every month!

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
The only way to get decent seeding is to do pools. Texas has too many people that are around the same skill level pending the day of the week. There's ten people that have an honest chance of getting top three in any tournament they have. There's at least twenty people that can threaten those ten people that are going for top three. In a game where match ups are important, it becomes even harder to make sure that someone doesn't walk into something that is flat out disadvantaged.
THISSS, this is almost exactly what I was going for right here. Well said

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang if we always do pools, we're gonna have trouble seeding that too.

I had to say it before Inui did.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
This is Inui.

You don't need pools.

Use your own power rankings, and when inactives you know are beastly show up, use your judgment. If teh_spamerer entered something, he'd be seeded very well over here because he was #2 on our rankings since Brawl came out and we know he still plays enough to be a huge threat.

I usually don't have any seeding issues at my events because I have a group of players I trust help out with it. Actually, it's a pretty similar system to what you use, Allan. Maybe we're just more careful about it? We have our rankings and NY's rankings to go by, and we keep track of who's in what crew and stuff like that. I'm a really active and aware host.

Eh, just let me help with the seeding at HOBO 20.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I played like crap and somehow infinity still got last? At least he didn't get 2 and 3-stocked...

Anyway, after the tourney on Sunday I found out that I had a really bad cold or the flu, whichever, so now you're all infected. Srsly. I suggest aspirin and Sudafed. It's not H1N1.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG is invincible. He doesn't get sick.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Just got home (3:40 am the next day... Greyhound home from El Paso was 2 1/2 hours late D:)

@El Paso- *fist bump, explosion noise, unbuttons shirt* I'm Lee Martin y'all!

@Smokey- You weren't the only one who was entered into the same tourney twice, I was put into regular singles twice (and it wasn't until after the bracket was made/halfway through that they replaced Dphat with me in low tiers!!!) I asked about the other name (Dkar? wtf come on) and they said it must be another person joking around. Over and over again that name was called, and it turned out that that person was actually supposed to be me, when I had another name in bracket as well (Dekar). I even asked if I could take the "Dkar" name so I could meet up with Dojo in WFs, but they wouldn't let me, despite neither of those matches being played yet :(

@Inui- I tried to shark you into doubling our MM on the last match, but you were too smart to play me again, all I've learned from this is that I should never try that again, sandbagging is bad, especially against good players who have seen it all before. As has been said by everyone on EC, you're nice to them when they earn your respect, I'm glad I did that. As for teaming with you at Hobo 20, I don't think that's going to happen, simply for the fact that I still don't have a car, and I doubt NM would wanna go to a tourney so far away unless if it was a national :O

@Vorgy- Too **** sexy. We never finished our MM from WHOBO!!! Lol. We're still 1-1, but now it has to be best of 9 k? That should make up for the times we haven't played each other :D You should have come to the hotel man it was fun :p <3 1000001 :D:D:D Also, I DID show you how to QCDI but I guess that doesn't count for anything because all you ever use me for is hot, gay, AIDS infested sex! You monster!

@Hylian- You never MMed me, you **** :p Pro *** spooning on the bed of eternal homo erotica in the hotel was pretty sweet. Us grappling Razer and almost killing him with our legs only was too funny. XD

@FURBS- I remember you, and always will now that you made a huge ordeal over me forgetting your name 3 ****ing times >.> Lol :D I really didn't mean to, I remembered your face and you were awesome the entire time at the tourney haha. Funny funny joke later on that night...

@Broly- We didn't do friendlies, but that's okay. I know I'll get to whoop up on some super saiyan at WHOBO 2 ;)

@Bear- Nice ride man who'd you steal it from?! =P Lol.

@DMG- Did you even enter Singles?! I never saw you playing! Wtf you dewsh I wanted to watch 24 minute sets. XD

@DPhat- Too sexy. Good **** in doubles sir, despite only taking third you took first in my heart (where it matters, I assure you) we'll get some gay **** going at the next tourney where you won't be sick ;P

@Infinity- Too good! You should have stayed for the whole tourney man, then again had you done that you might have never gotten home >.> **** took forever. Since I don't know whether your wife is on the boards or not, tell her she's awesome for me, and that she's surprisingly good at Smash! Good **** to your couple team, Molls and I will have to play you some day ;)

@PX- My Leprosy is getting the best of me, I'm succumbing to the sweet embrace of death! I think I see that old man at the pearly gates o.o He's smiling and... pooping wow. "The doors don't have stalls!!!" Lol silly Phantom, it's just the fact that the guy didn't close the door to his stall HAHA.

@Dojo- You *******! Super close set man, if only I weren't bad and had dsmashed you instead of grabbing, your clutch *** wouldn't have gotten the chance to gimp me in the end and win :( Wish that match had gone on livestream, but oh well I guess, =O You're so gay for letting Razer take a round off you! I was supposed to be the only one to do that this tourney! D=

@Razer- Are you on coke son? Like El Paso was saying in the car, you and Trela are the same age, and when the GFs and **** was going on, you were still wide awake while that fool was all knocked out rofl.

@Sethlon- You're too quiet! Take some lessons on how to be an attention whoring Smasher :D

@Lee Martin- You butthole eating fool! Then again, I guess it's better than eating ******* or the dreaded ****hole <.< You nasty girl. We'll MM at the next big tourney you we meet up at, and you'll look like you did at WHOBO instead of your Clark Kent/serial killer bull**** this time k? ;D

@Fogo- Lol @ that chick you kept talking about homo **** to. She seemed a bit weirded out, but I bet you put on the Fogo magic and made it happen, since you're just that ****ing pimp. Our set in doubles was hilarious, especially the part when Lui 9'd the hell out of you (yes, Zac was right behind him talking the whole time ;P) and then I gimped you hard as ****, just to add insult to injury ;P Haha. Fogo still too **** good =D

@Ozz- I complained because I lost due to tripping. You were (not really your fault, it's only your character's nature) really predictable with what you'd do depending on our distance from each other, and even when recovering you'd be predictable. You never used tilts, etc. but still beat me. No johns GGs. I just wish you had MMed me so I could make some of the money that I had lost through tourney back from you :O

@Esca- Good **** in doubles man, lol. That was when Lui and I were getting used to how to play together, but no johns you and CY were a MUCH more bad *** team than I had expected! Good ****, except you owe me a MM all hardcore next time I turn up at a Hobo ;)

@CY- We've only ever played in doubles! Lol. We need to get some seriouslies going or even a MM if you feel like trusting me with your money ;P

@Magik- PT so sexy!!! **** you for putting Vex into the loser's bracket in low-tiers...lol He stomped my poor little Mario ahaha

@Vex- Good **** in that low-tier v mid-tier MM ;) Remember, all that **** talk was all in good fun, you're from East Coast so we're pretty much legally required to do so XD *Bowser doll flies into my face* Fortress!!!

@Mumble- "Fight back Mumble!" "I am fighting back!!!" lmfao. Bear beasted you in the hotel, no lie lmao.

@r0ni- It's gay that we played each other in bracket, honestly D: Good Falco, and it was fun talking to you. Now you've just gotta quit smoking (Shlucky too!) ;)

@UTD Zac- You'll never 9 me, mwahahahaha! Thanks for all the coaching in dubs, I'm positive that it really helped. If only we had beaten PX and Dojo! Bah! **** that crazy *** footstool save that PX pulled off to save Dojo... (lol @ the fact that footstooling MK saves him, lmfao!)

@Plat- I know we played, I just can't put my finger on exactly which bracket. Largely due to the fact that there were 4 ****ing events and as the night progressed, I became more and more tired >.> I'm sorry D:

@DugFinn- Awesome person, as always. I owe you a coke or something at the next tourney, since you're always just too **** altruistic.

@Zombie Xyro- Had a lot of fun at this tourney, it's just unfortunate that I had to come to the one Hobo that people had legitimate reasons to complain about it lol >< Just my luck. Much love to Xyro, good **** in low-tiers man (did I expect anything less from you?! I think not) hopefully I'll be coming out to another Hobo some time soon!

@To anyone I may have forgotten- Tell me! I'll post later shoutouts since it's clearly time for bed. Gotta love TX and the rest of OoS who made it the awesome time that it was :)

Zori

Smash Champion
lol@xyro trying to relate the attendance back to metaknight

xyro out of all the hobos i been too iv always had a good time, this is the only one that was a 'bad' hobo i been too but its ok because everyone makes mistakes and random **** happens but the one thing you have no excuse for is having melee doubles and low tier singles before normal singles. doubles before singles is generally accepted in this community but low tier?? a lot or people dropped out simply because singles started at 8:15 and you find someway to blame this on MK LOL. that's a joke

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth

xyro out of all the hobos i been too iv always had a good time, this is the only one that was 'bad' hobo i been too but its ok because everyone makes mistakes and random **** happens but the one thing you have no excuse for is having melee doubles and low tier singles before normal singles. doubles before singles is generally accepted in this community but low tier?? a lot or people dropped out simply because singles started at 8:15 and you find someway to blame this on MK LOL. that's a joke
****.. zori calling it like it is..
Btw Zori is correct I know atleast 5-10 people who dropped out of singles due to time.
At one point I believe 3 events were running (alittle too excessive, doing both low tiers doubles and melee at the same time was not wise). Anyways FUN tournament, it was good to see EC again (vex and inui, also it was nice to meet you ChaosMarth), may post shout outs later.

Gnes

Smash Master
I agree with Zori. I was so tired i was thinking of forfeiting to Furiousduffman first round...but i pulled it through.

Also I forfeited low tier singles to Beah once i was knocked in losers because i didn't feel like playing anymore, this tourney was weird.

Inui is overrated in doubles, had more problems with Vex.

Shoutouts later ^_^.

Esca

Smash Champion
@Esca- Good **** in doubles man, lol. That was when Lui and I were getting used to how to play together, but no johns you and CY were a MUCH more bad *** team than I had expected! Good ****, except you owe me a MM all hardcore next time I turn up at a Hobo ;)
Okay, next time I promise we will moneymatch. You have my word.

Like, I was half way to Houston, and I realized, "**** I left my money at home. :(" The only reason I stayed is because I have $40 for emergencies. LOL, smash is a dire need.

Same with everyone, I'm seriously sorry, but that's one of the reasons I didn't enter singles.

I'll do shoutouts later today, because I'm sitting in the student center on my laptop with a 3 hour break.

Edit: Staco, learn how to ****ing speak English dude. How would someone "quitted" Brawl?

Edit2: Allan, take that off the title NOW. If you blame this low turnout on MK, then your the dumbest ****ing person I've ever met, and someone willing to change their tournament that much to blame the character, shame on you man. I used to have respect for you as a TO. You've reduced yourself to nothing. Now tell me you've had the most successful tourneys blah blah blah, because that's all you can do.

The low turnout is because you ran singles as one of the last events, so you could attempt for money in low tiers. Accept it.

Edit98: DMG, I CAMPED SO HARD AGAINST DEKAR/ DUFFMAN. It's SO FUN!

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
inui we arent big enough *******s to personally attack you.

yes we talk **** and might mean it sometimes but never with the intention of pure malice.

texas is too cool for that you should know that by now
that's where you're wrong!

Naw, kidding. But seriously, Inui and me are just friends. Don't know what you are talking about past that.
HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR, looks like dug finn counterpicked Friend Zone. maybe this is why inui got rocked in doubles, he's still stuck in singles ;)

okay i'm done lol. brawl sux. stop arguing with inui over seeding cuz he's never gonna admit that he's just not as good as most top texas brawl players, just let em help with seeding and watch him get beat and see what johns he comes up with next time.

Popertop

Smash Champion
few things:

1) inui smells and is obviously a bad sport, let's stop talkin about it
2) johning is gay
3) broly, we never did our mm

and a few shoutouts;

allan, thanks for having melee there dude. i'm winnin next time

jake, good ****

tidus, good ****

magik, good bowser

lee...another horrible sport. after i beat you (and even gave you props) apparently you were talkin **** about how i'm a scrub and stuff, the usual johns. how does it feel to be considered the best in a state at melee then lose to a person you've never heard of with a low tier? mmm drink it in, tasty.

cy, i don't even know who you are and i don't even think you play melee but apparently you were upset that i beat lee? if lee was THAT good, he wouldn't of lost. maybe lee shouldn't underestimate people he's never heard of, cuz going marth on dreamland (when fox was clearly his best character), then trying to falco ditto me on final d after losing to DONKEY KONG, was completely ********. not my fault he made bad decisions and i capitalized on it. also, you don't know anything about me and melee, and i was clearly one of the best melee players there so suck it son

I AM SICK OF JOHNS, THAT'S ALL YOU PEOPLE DO. IF ALL YOU DO IS LOSE AND GET ANGRY AND MAKE EXCUSES, WHY DO YOU EVEN PLAY THIS GAME?

edit: also, the tournament lasted so long because brawl's a terrible game ;)
Dk is mid tier you idiot

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
anything below samus is low tier, that's the way it goes. you wanna melee mm since you clearly know more about this game then i do?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Inui you really bring a lot of this on yourself. People make fun of you because of the way you present yourself. If you tried to just not set yourself up people would not mock you and Duggfinn's post would mean nothing really.

Anyways Tx is full of love minus one or two players that think cause they play one game they are better than the other. I guess the newer people do not know how acting on a forum goes but I am sure they will learn sooner or later like Jbunk. Jbunk stop trying to be cocky it really puts down the knowledge you have of a game. Most people on smashboards have been around since melee so why would they not know about the game and its current metagame.

Anyways I will attempt to go to whobo2 with chibo and hang out a little. Everyone should just accept that crap happened and move on. Next time everyone should assist with setups and go from there. Whoever that guy was running melee during brawl it was really weird to do that. Use commonsense instead of trying to rule over the world.

Popertop

Smash Champion
anything below samus is low tier, that's the way it goes. you wanna melee mm since you clearly know more about this game then i do?
nah I'm just saying if you're going to talk about how great you are at the game you should at least learn to ****ing read a tier list.

edit: okay everyone needs to stop with these **** animated sigs, they are terrible

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Shout outs!

2: UltimateRazer===Snake - I love you :)
3: Gnes===Diddy - Take me under your wing, I need teaching!
5: Fogo===DDD - Fogo! Good seeing you again :)
7: Bare Necessities===Meta/snake/marth? - Beah! I love how chill you are, always look forward to see you at tourneys :)
9: Trela===Lucario - You seemed sad the whole time :( you and Allan need to come stay the night again and watch more bigfoot videos :).
9: Vorguen===Snake - Dude 9th place! Congrats bro! Now move to Houston and lets do Twin Snakes already. You sexy, sexy man :embarrass
25: shlike - Teach me Zero Suit :)
25: Jerm - Get me that OoT wad already, n00b. I need to be a fanboy just like you ;)
25: Magik - Good **** on taking out Vex my boy, RGV too good. Lets play pokes again soon.
33: Furbs - Ugh, I hate your Kirby, but that nade kill... too good.
33: Vicky - You're sexy. Why is he RGV so sexy?
33: Kates - Not Player 1 or Player 2 or 3, but Player 4! See you in Dallas :) <3

Extra shout outs

Esca - <3 you :)
CY- OLE
Gea - Get that beard to Bear status, and lets team one day :). Also, my arm reach >>> your arm reach.
Tallman - This tourney needed moar Tallman, just wasn't the same :ohwell:
Xyro - Thank you once again for putting this tourney together, lets play some more my boy!
RT - I hope you get to seed these brackets next time. You do the best seeding IMO <3
Kailo - Lookin' like a pimp, actin' like a pimp, you gotta be a pimp.
Pop - I miss Pop :( </3
Kuro - You better go the the next HOBO.
Smoom - SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! Go to the next HOBO! Just don't infinite me :(
Magitek - This tourney needed more Lucas. :ohwell:
Ice - Ice, Ice baby. I'll bring you Mario and Luigi in a few weeks :)
DeAngelo - We still need to do our MM
Meta Knight - Thanks for being un-banned, you're too sexy.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I spent a little time trying to fix that payouts issue. I texted as many people as I could and asked them how much they received (mostly just 1v1 reg and 2v2 reg people). As some of you may already know, some people got more money than they should have while others got less.

Here's what I know:

1v1 regular:
1st Dojo = $469
2nd Razer = $134
3rd Gnes = $67

2v2 regular:
1st Razer + Gnes = $364
2nd Zac + DMG = $104
3rd Dphat + Lee = $52

I talked to Dojo, Razer, Dphat, and DMG so far to find out how much they made.

The original Hobo 19 thread that listed entry fees for each event and payouts for those events:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248267

Number of entrants in each event:
1v1: 71
2v2: 27
1v1 low-tier: 49
2v2 low-tier: 17

Entry fee for each event:
1v1: $10
2v2: $20 (per team)
1v1 low-tier: $5
2v2 low-tier: $10 (per team)

Total pot for each event:
1v1: $710
2v2: $540
1v1 low-tier: $245
2v2 low-tier: $170

Payout percentages for each event:
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

True payouts for each event:
1v1 1st: $426
1v1 2nd: $213
1v1 3rd: $71

2v2 2st: $324
2v2 2nd: $162
2v2 3rd: $54

1v1 low-tier 1st: $147
1v1 low-tier 2nd: $73.50
1v1 low-tier 3rd: $24.50

2v2 low-tier 1st: $102
2v2 low-tier 2nd: $51
2v2 low-tier 3rd: $17

If you got extra (dojo, razer, gnes) please bring it to the Phase 2 tourney in Dallas in 2 weeks. We can sort things out there. Dojo already said it was ok with him, and I'm assuming it is for razer and gnes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
bring back sonic
*cries*

33: Espy = You're too slow!
I know what you typed out wasn't intentional, but I'm not gonna lie: That hurts. That hurts a lot, and not in the joking way either. You don't understand how pissed off I am at myself, even now.

=====

I'll try to do shoutouts, but first and foremost:

This had to be, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst performance I've EVER given at a tournament. I have never felt like I've played as atrocious as I did on this day. The constant suicides (I SD'd in pretty much EVERY SINGLE match I played, and sometimes even TWICE) and what seemed to be a loss of focus resulted one of the most humiliating defeats I've ever felt, and because of that, I feel absolutely terrible, decimated, even.

Having said that:

A male platypus: You didn't need to apologize for anything before they kicked us out of FunPlex. You did nothing wrong in our match. You played just as you needed to play: You punished my movements and took advantage of everything I tried to do during our set. You deserved the win, and of that I'm certain. I don't quite remember what I said, if anything, but I would like to clarify a few things.

I apologized both for how I acted a little after the match (looking away, that crappy handshake, and pulling my controller), and I apologize for the horrendous matches I gave you. Whenever I enter a tournament, I always want to give my opponent the best that I can play at that moment, and even though I felt that that was exactly what I was doing, I also believe that you deserved much better than the set that we played.

Basically put, AmP, I'm sorry that I was unable to give you a great fight, and I'm sorry for being so upset after the games were over. I hope to give you a better experience should we ever play again.

===

And before I get to the rest:

Phantom X/Vex/Xyro: I want to really thank you three for helping me pull myself out of the funk after I was knocked into loser's bracket of singles. I appreciated that you guys helped talk me out of quitting the rest of singles (and possibly Brawl as a whole, since I NOW KNOW that I overreacted to the loss). I don't know how I would've felt after the day was said and done if I hadn't just talked about it to you guys.

Jumpman: Your Wolf was astounding to watch, and I made it a point to check out every match with you in it after I was knocked out of singles. Good ****; I really wish I got to play you in some games before it was over.

Broly: I wanted to play you in some friendlies, but you were always busy. I saw you beat UTD Zac though. That was sexy.

Dekar: Fun friendlies back in SA.

Aurturito Burrito: Magic upsmash. Yours is too good.

Vex: It was fun hanging out with you, and your Bowser plushie was way too cool. We had some great games on the stream, too, except for that fourth one. You destroyed me. We should've talked a little more, it seemed that you were always busy with tournament stuff. My internet is down at my house atm, so I can't watch S&W until sometime later this week. ;_____;

Oh, and Sonic vs. Bowser is not, in any way possible, Sonic advantage, and I've thought that even before playing you. You're high if you think that Sonic ever has any advantage on anyone. He barely goes 60:40 with GANONDORF, LINK, and IVYSAUR.

Come back down for HOBO 20 or something...

Sudai: I totally killed the moment with that last SD in our last game. Sorry about that. Despite that, we both had some fantastic games. Hope we can play again soon. Thanks for the hoodie too, I missed it.

Jerm: We got wrecked in LTT, lol.

Magik: Your PT is incredibly sexy. I want to see you **** Dojo. <3

K Prime: Sucks that you got DQ'd. We'll do better next time, hopefully. Thanks for the earphones on the way to Houston, I'm pretty sure everyone would've been annoyed to hear three hours worth of Sonic cartoons on the way.

GDX: I would definitely say something to the "SA letting GDX down" comment, but I feel like that's not my concern. Maybe you should talk to JUJ about that.

Kates: Your ZSS scared the HELL out of me in regular teams. I didn't know what to do. I demand friendlies.

Juj: Thanks for taking the time out to do all of this for us, and a BIG thanks for getting the event to finish back at our hotel rooms. I'm surprised that no one has thanked you YET for all that you helped out with. We still gotta play Pokemon.

RedShadow: You're so **** legit for giving me that Sonic hat. My Sonic plushie loves it. <3

PhantomX: There was nowhere near enough Super Ganon Fun Time for us to play. Nowhere near enough.

Zori: Don't feel too bad about Doubles. I enjoyed our matches against the other teams, and I feel like we did a decent job. Besides, some of the combos we did during the matches? Holy awesomes.

GHNeko: Brawl+ is still funky, but it was enjoyable.

Xyro: Thanks for hosting the event. Many things went wrong, and everything got crazy after we left FunPlex, but it was all still fun to do. SA will try getting to the next HOBO very soon.

=====

All in all, I am disappointed with myself, but even so, I had an amazing time, and I was glad to see everyone again after such a long time. I'll be seeing you guys again very soon.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

xyro out of all the hobos i been too iv always had a good time, this is the only one that was a 'bad' hobo i been too but its ok because everyone makes mistakes and random **** happens but the one thing you have no excuse for is having melee doubles and low tier singles before normal singles. doubles before singles is generally accepted in this community but low tier?? a lot or people dropped out simply because singles started at 8:15 and you find someway to blame this on MK LOL. that's a joke
****.. zori calling it like it is..
Btw Zori is correct I know atleast 5-10 people who dropped out of singles due to time.
At one point I believe 3 events were running (alittle too excessive, doing both low tiers doubles and melee at the same time was not wise). Anyways FUN tournament, it was good to see EC again (vex and inui, also it was nice to meet you ChaosMarth), may post shout outs later.
The results on the front page is for the people that entered. Even the ones that dropped out are in there. they are just dead last.

Gea

Smash Master
I'm not and I dropped out. ;)

Why did Tio display the wrong amount for payout? Was it that it deleted names so there were extra names in the bracket?

Gnes

Smash Master
Exactly. Only the people who dropped out AFTER singles started are in the bracket results. Not those who dropped out before or gave their spots to others who were screwed over by tio issues.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
boo hoo, lets cry about it.

Ready?
Set.
GO!

edit: zac, if u want to the tio file i can send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom