• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 19: meta legal(because dojo was nice about it)=10-3-09= BRING wii/tv/ssbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dekar's MM with Inui better be on livestream. :D its a 50$ mm. :D

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
too many of you people want to play on live steam and it causes the event to go slow.

live stream will be for MMs/friendlies and losers/winners/grand finals

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I don't think that's the best idea, Allan. People are more interested in seeing tournament matches online than MMs, and the livestream station is usually a recording station as well.
Qft. If someone starts to hold up the tourney because they want to play on the live stream, dq them.

Also, anyone who has a laptop + good recording device and is staying for the duration of the tourney, contact me. I would like to have a second computer recording the main tv as my comp live streams. The reasoning for this is that doing this will save me recording time and I won't have to worry about anything happening to the replays saved on the Wii.

Gnes

Smash Master
too many of you people want to play on live steam and it causes the event to go slow.

live stream will be for MMs/friendlies and losers/winners/grand finals
Are u forgetting the reason why there's livesteam in the firstplace. Is so viewers can see high profile tourney matches that arent in winners/losers/grand finals but also the ones that are.

This is the same thought process that almost had me and mikehaze NOT play on livestream. WTF. If we arent gonna show viewers the matches they want to see, why have it in the first place?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i like how bad matches get uploaded without people knowing, especially when the person already has stated he doesnt like having matches uploaded.
Actually...

-By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.
That's in the Steakfest rules.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248337
In case you need a source.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Just ask the live streamers if they want to see certain MM's or certain tournament matches before it happens. They'll tell you.

Example.

Do you guys want to see Jerm Vs Hylian MM or Dojo vs Phantom X tournament match.

And they'll be like

Zomgogmogmog *insert match*

Xyro77

Are u forgetting the reason why there's livesteam in the firstplace. Is so viewers can see high profile tourney matches that arent in winners/losers/grand finals but also the ones that are.

This is the same thought process that almost had me and mikehaze NOT play on livestream. WTF. If we arent gonna show viewers the matches they want to see, why have it in the first place?
It holds up my events.

Ill decide if i should let u people use it come tourney day.

Glad you love it. <3

It's actually a rule from Xyro's tournaments.
Its chibo's rule and i stole it so m2k could cry about how he doesnt want people stealing his stuff. Its sad someone has to make that rule because of one person. sad

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It holds up my events.

Ill decide if i should let u people use it come tourney day.

Its chibo's rule and i stole it so m2k could cry about how he doesnt want people stealing his stuff. Its sad someone has to make that rule because of one person. sad
I hate sounding like I'm meat riding, but this is all entirely true. Every. single. last. word.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Xyro, you're the TO, if you make an announcement or include a disclaimer in this thread that delaying your matches to get livestreamed will get you DQed, and you enforce this rule, that won't be an issue.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sorry, but not everyone's match can be on livestream. Besides, they only want to see certain people. There have been a lot of matches where people are like, "Why are we watching this match, this is ********." But I can definitely try to arrange for high profile matches to get on livestream. Just don't be all sad if you don't want it on there, because it's nothing personal.

Also, you can always ask to NOT play on the livestream.

Xyro77

You should go with what phantom said and just treat it as a normal TV calling out matches, If the TV is busy then make people move onto another one.
thats what i do every single torunament.

RT: i do it at each event.

BTW, this will be the LAST hobo in the room we are in. HOBO 20 and beyond will be in a BETTER room. The HOBO 20+ room is 2-3 times the size of our regular room. It has a movie theatre seating and a RAVE type sound system. It has a REAL stage like MLG and if we WANT to, we can ask to set up the bar area and serve food or sodas. Oh it also has a disco ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gea

Smash Master
No Allan that's not how it normally works. That's what is said is going to happen but people request livestream so it is held up. Instead, no requests. If you play on lifestream, you play on livestream. If it isn't open, too bad.

And when we move into the bigger room PLEASE don't have LOUD ****ing music playing. The venue is loud enough without that.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Me and DeAngelo have a MK ditto for $5 bucks.
P4: BRING IT!! I have not played since King Mosquitos hotel room so I better get 3 stocked or ELSE...

Talked to corporate and the announcement just got BETTER!!!! Cant wait... I wanted to discuss some things real quick and get straight to the point. I will post a pic of the airbrushed bags tomorrow when there are ready.

Out of towners: I recently came upon some coupon books that give you all super discounts on hotel rooms. Prices ranging from 39$-up including up to 4 people a room. If you are interested in geting a coupon book. Pm me or let me know at the tournament that you need a book and ill give you one.

AirbrushKing Sponsorship Pot Bonus: A pot bonus will be awarded to the following games. 3rd Stike/50$ and Marvel Vs Capcom 2/50$. Breakdown $$$ is on www.AirbrushKing.net/tournaments

Test Your Skills Shop: I will be selling customized airbrushed bags and products so If you want something airbrushed, see me at the counter upon registration. Everything is limited and is on a first come first serve basis. I will fill the pre-orders 1st. Also, If you want something customized, bring extra $$$ and I will discuss price quotes with you there. For examples, go to--> www.AirbrushKing.net/sponsors

Closing comments: Me/Xyro/Dugfinn set everything up tuesday and the venue is NICE! Thank you all for the support. Waitin to see who will be the next champions. Countdown to Hobo 19/Test Your Skills 4 has begun. 2 days left. Bring the HYPE!!!

Ps: Razer, Tell yo bros to come thru for some sf4 action. It will be enough competition to support there needs. Let me know whats good...

Xyro77

And when we move into the bigger room PLEASE don't have LOUD ****ing music playing. The venue is loud enough without that.
NO loud music in the new room, i totally agree! LOTS of people need the GAME music/SoundEffects and not some other trashy *** music.

REMEMBER! WE START AT 12:30pm this time instead of 2. BE THERE OR PAY LATE FEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom