• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 20: SAMBONER IS A ****ING BEAST! Full results are up !! Vids on front page!!!!!!

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
oh okay i was about to say, if he was 15 that would make inui telling him he's cute extremely awkward and uncomfortable

oh wait it still is lol

R1OT

Smash Cadet
allan - thanks for taking me and hosting this
gnes - awesome
razer - where's rachel
tallman - CNN
royr - haha there's a ******** guy at your work who thinks you quit
samboner - wtf are you, please come to the next one of these
bored - nice ike
furbs - furbs!!!
espy - nice sonic

uhhh that's it for now, next time i will be entering low tier and possibly teams

oh yeah

allan needs to eat the cinnamon next time

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I just got done recording 4 hours worth of friendlies. Calm yo self. They'll be going up as time passes.
Oh, ok ok ok, I want more B+, next hobo I'm gonna do that again

i'm pretty sure it was kingdom come that came up to jake while we were playing melee and the conversation went like this

KC: hey i hate to break it to ya man
Jake: oh is this your set up?
KC: nah i'm just ****ing with ya
Jake: oh okay
KC:...........I have a samboner *walks away*

is this your idea of humor? have you no shame?
fixed.

I couldn't keep a straight face.

Inui called me cute too. I was suprised...but hey...what can i say :)
He told me the same

heytallman

CTALL
OK, other than Sam vs Razer loser's finals (which will be up tonight sometime, be patient), there was an Ike ditto between Hylian and someone, and match between phantomX and Ran on Lylat. Are either of these matches needed to go online or sent to either of you? If not, I'll just delete them.

First off, I did terribly in all events but low tier doubles. I got last in singles, next to last in low tier singles (wtf) and third in low tier doubles (wtf). I have no johns for why I did so poorly.

SHOUTOUTS!

Gnes - Thank you for teaming with me for low tier doubles, I had excessive amounts of fun playing that. Let's do it again next time, yeeeaaaahhhhh also bring Final Fantasy 7 to UH Monday.

Allan - Even though I felt I did bad, I had a lot of fun at this tournament. Thanks for making it good, and stuff. And for allowing a vote to take place on whether MK should be legal or not. You are awesome.

P4 - MANWHATTHE - Good job finally winning a tourney set, I remember when I first started doing decently. Good ****.

Dave - You didn't troll me at all yesterday, troll! You wasted it all on trebla.

Riot - Secret stages and CNN. 'Nuff said.

Esca - Good seeing you again, as always.

Dina/SNO/the girl with cookies - I wanted to play you, but you had disappeared after I finished my money match with DeAngelo.

Hylian - Good stuff in our money match, I just really wanted to play your IC's in a serious set. Matches were fairly close.

Sethlon - You didn't have a controller? That was the last thing I expected you to say last night, you, sir, caught me completely off guard.

DugFinn - Richard still wants to meet you, YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHA

Zigsta - Dude, you are my favorite person who I met for the first time. Probably the only one, too, but you were so cool. I had a lot of fun playing you yesterday.

phantomX - I am the Lucas MASTER.

bored - good stuff in our matches, I got completely *****. Easily the best Ike I've ever played.

Samboner - DUDE! Good stuff! I knew you were good, but holy f! 2-0'ing Razer? WHO DOES THAT?!?! Come to more offline stuff! We never got to play D:

Espy - Good to see you again man, and great matches! Sorry about your voice though.

inui - Good games in low tier doubles, and I think our interactions in real life correspond perfectly to the first 1:27 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Yzy-ucz0Y you are Solid Snake, I am the director of the CIA.

Neko - BRAWL PLUS!!!!!!

DeAngelo - You got BODIED, son! It's a WRAP! FREE MONEY!

Gea/Dojo/most of Dallas/Lee Martin - You guys were missed. Tourney would have only been better with you guys here.

Gnes

Smash Master
Sorry talllman...our team sort of fell apart in losers finals...but i'll start playing ness more so we can do better next time. Also i just put FF7 in my backpack.

Lastly...that vid is hilarious.

Like 0:45 is the key moment.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Dina/SNO/the girl with cookies - I wanted to play you, but you had disappeared after I finished my money match with DeAngelo.
Ah yes this sounds familar... wasn't this the same instance at U of H smashfest? Money's srs business with you, I see.:lick:

edit: :ohwell:

judge!

Smash Ace
psssh ally they all dun know how to handle them wifi players =P. good stuff sam i knew u and jumpman would place amazing offline. BTW like anti said. the myth about your only good online and not offline..isnt really true. I think me ally adhd anti anther sam jumpman have proved that.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
You should of seen the Melee Ganon come over and play Brawl+. You would **** bricks.
I don't think I would have anything left to **** after some of the things we saw. I'd probably start jizzing myself.

I wanna be able to be pro at B+ like my friend GuruKid.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Shout outs.

1: Gnes==Diddy : I cheated for you.
1: Razer==snake : If I had to give you some advice for your jiggz...camp moar.
3: Samboner==****ing wifi FOX : Good to see you at a real tournament. Keep repping the wifi players.
4: PhantomX==wario : JUAN! Iono we talked too much during Hobo for me to give you a legit shout out.
5: Espy==sonic : We never got to play. I was really looking forward to a set between us, but till next time I guess.
5: RoyR==marth
7: Esca==meta/pit/ic : Never got to play you too. And I stayed at your place! No johnz.
7: Hylian==GW : I would like to say that losing to RoyR in the third match sucked hard. Oh well, 7th isn't SO BAD.
9: Jerm==toon link : Yay, first time TL experience. I'll try to do better next time.
9: Trela=lu lucario
9: D4BA=meta/ddd : Damien, this better not be your one out of city appearance until next year tournament.
13: Bored==Ike : I wasn't as Awesome like last time, but still Awesome.
13: Kprime==pikachu : I don't even know what to say. I just gotta be more patient around you...**** that, I'm gonna find a way to beat you without it turning into a camp fest.
17: Morningstar ==snake : You had some bad habits during our set, but playing your Snake was fun nevertheless.
17: Ran==marth : Fun driving with you, let me know when you upload that match between me and Charles!
17: Juj==meta/ddd/kirby : Juj getting those hotel deals like a boss.
17: Inui=meta/snake : As much of a **** you are online, you're pretty chill offline. I'm glad that I finally got to talk to you.
25: Chucky==lucas : Like old times right?
25: Furbs==kirby : Ike isn't that bad on Japes =/. And I like how you practiced with me to prepare for Inui, only to lose to Hylian LOL.
33: Tallman==lucas : I don't even know what I did during our matches...but good job o.O
33: Zigsta==pkmn t : THE Zigsta not playing up to his potential. Do better.
33: Mijo==???? : Keep up the good work. I think you actually got a bit better from last time at DF's.

Charles: Token Black Man doing his job. Saw you do some good stuff in the friendlies you played.

Xyro: Camping/Stalling the **** out of me in LT. Oh well, no johnz, I'll get you next time. Consider us even.

People who brought TVs: Good job.

If I forgot anyone, let me know and I will add you.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I didn't expect to do that well, and I didn't so no gripes here. I had some fun. To everyone that I said I wanted to friendly but didn't, and to everyone who wanted to friendly me but didn't: My bad, guys. I was feeling like **** halfway through dubs and I didn't want to play anymore.

1: Suspect==my heart - I'm gonna make you proud someday. :(
1: Gnes==Diddy - Congrats on winning this HOBO, I was rooting for ya. Our team matches were LOL and you're a badass guy. Enough meatriding, teach me how to not suck vs. Diddy. :D
1: Razer==snake - The child prodigy strikes again. That singular friendly was too good and made me feel a lot better about my Snake, even though dittos are silly.
3: Samboner==****ing wifi FOX - Yes, ****ing wifi fawkes. Nothing new here, I think your Fox is **** in a can.
4: PhantomX==wario - We spent the night together and I fell asleep before I could steal your panties? Wtf.
5: Espy==sonic - Good ****, bro.
7: Esca==meta/pit/ic - That set with PX was intense. You've improved an assload. I can't wait to play you again.
7: Hylian==GW - Steppin' on my pillow and shi. It didn't really irk me, I just thought I should drop you a line, and I didn't know what to say since we didn't play.
9: D4BA=meta/ddd - Good ****, dude. I can't wait to play you again.
13: Bored==Ike - Dang, man. Dang... ****ing dang. You were really good. Yeah, I have some bad habits. You predicted my airdodges and various other things, then punished them like a boss. I would've been disappointed if you didn't punish them. Back to the old drawing BORED.
13: Ozz==falco - Should've asked for a friendly, I need to play more Falco.
13: Kalo==wolf - You have a good Wolf.
13: Kprime==pikachu - Shaved by the Razer again. You'll get him next time.
17: Juj==meta/ddd/kirby - Thanks for driving all of us. You're da man. Let's break top 10 next time.
17: P4==meta/ZS? - I REALLY didn't expect to meet the guy who created my beloved Woody texture hack at this tourney. I had fun playing you and hope to play you again. GGs.
25: JS==dk - I liked your DK's moves.
25: Takeurlife==marth - I really think you would've won the set if you stayed Marth but it ain't no nevamind.
33: Zigsta==pkmn t - LOL at our psychological team disadvantages. Besides being outplayed, I think we mindgamed ourselves. MOAR BOWSER.

To the girl who made the M&M cookies: Thanks. :)

CO18

Smash Hero
Wow, Had my hopes up thinking samboner was amazing.

Then I realized, he lost to gnes... :(

R1OT

Smash Cadet
I took Gotham's white knight and I brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Gnes

Smash Master
LOLZ Wyatt, Im glad Sam can beat toon links though. If he couldn't, that would be horrible.

P1...shouldnt u be practicing the luigi matchup...BigLou aint goin nowhere

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm really happy Samboner did so well here. He gives me incentive to continue practicing on wifi.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
SHOUTOUTS:

PhantomX: Awesome traveling with you as always, bud. I really appreciate all the pointers you give me--a lot of people who haven't played me in a while keep telling me I've improved, and I owe much of that improvement to you pointing out my bad habits. You'll break 4th in doubles sometime, I just know it!

Hylian: You probably won't ever see this since you don't have Internet, so I could just say something completely crazy like I'm gonna make a music video to Jamalin' and you'd never know. :p But just in case ya do, sorry for not placing higher in low tier doubles. I need to get more consistent. Fun traveling with you, and I'll keep you posted on my status for Phase 3.

Bored: Dang man, you get better and better with each tournament. You're a real inspiration for a fellow low tier main--as long as you're sticking to Ike, you know there's way I can drop PT! :p Your interview was also freaking wicked! I got a ton of bites I can pull from it. Always fun hanging out with ya bud--here's to more matches so I can prove to the PT boards that Squirtle is the best Pokemon to use against Ike! :p I promise next HOBO I'm gonna step it up.

Charles: SHIPLEYS?!?! Haha, you were a blast to hang out with at this tournament! You were a huge help with my shoot, and I appreciate your advice following my usual HOBO singles choking. I've been thinking about what you said, and I'm going to be working hard to play smarter. Come to more tournaments with us!

Esca: Thanks for housing us Friday even though we had to witness your mom hit on Charles. :p I enjoyed our matches and am looking forward to more. I need to get that Pit matchup down son!

CY: You suck for not coming. :( HOBO needz moar Beaumont.

Ran Iji: Glad you could make it, man! We had a lot of fun friendlies at Esca's house. Your Marth got a lot better almost overnight it seemed! I'm flattered you feel Ive improved since the summer--I've really been working hard to improve since then (and I still have a ways to go). Your interview was so wicked--you really set the bar high and represented LA well. I'm looking forward to meeting up with ya at LasT for sure!

Morningstar: We need to work on the Sailor Mouth combo sometime, haha. I suppose I can bust out my Bowsah just for you sometime. :p In the meantime, Slidell and San Antonio will know the secret that is my Bowser.

Espy: Sorry your voice was bothering you all weekend. :( Good stuff ****** low tier events! Super Ganon Fun Time was fun, haha. I was hoping to get some games in with your Sonic, but we ran outta time. Next time, though!

Greyfox: Cool hanging with ya, man. I really need to get my bud to go to a SA tourney so you guys can Zelda ditto. :D Next time I'll remember to bring my babies, and let's KH co-op!

Tallman: Nice to meet ya. What a small world that we both know Belgin, huh? Our friendlies were really fun--I don't get much Lucas experience. Next time you need to do better in other events!

Gnes: Dang man, you were channeling that Diddy with all those spikes in our low tier doubles matches. I enjoyed getting to hang with you. My roomie's so jealous I got to play your Diddy--he picked up Diddy the other day and has been watching like all your vids, haha. Thanks for taking the time out to be interviewed, too. Looking forward to more matches, and next time...we should do a Bowser ditto! :O

Razer: Dude, stop beating Austin in low tier! Next time I'm gunnin' for that Jiggz--with moar Rock Smash! Thanks for taking the time out to be inteviewed, and I'm looking forward to more matches with you in the future.

P4: I was shocked my Ivysaur did so well against you in low tier singles. XD You got your revenge in doubles, though!

Xyro: I need to learn what to do against a planking Samus, haha. Thanks for hosting; like Ran said, this HOBO was very well-run. Also thanks for waiting up a few minutes to get in that interview with me--I thought it was really important to get an interview with you since you're one of the big name TOs and all. Next time let's do some singles friendlies!

Inui: I always run out of time for our MM. XD Keep coming to HOBOs, and it'll happen sooner of later!

KPrime: I didn't realize your Ness was so legit! :O

JUJ: Fun friendlies, and our Pokemon battles were fun, too. Sorry my Stalliper put you to sleep. :p And thanks for letting Austin hotel it up with you guys. Good company AND low prices? Way too good. Let's do this again sometime.

Pantyraider: Nice to meet you, and looking forward to seeing you come out to some of our Smashfests in Austin sometime. Just keep checking that ATX thread!

Kirby: It was cool to see someone from Arkansas show up to HOBO. I'm glad you took some time out to be interviewed, too. Come back sometime so I can have a rematch, and make Yosh come!

DugFinn: Thanks for the interview--you gave me some really good soundbites that nicely tie together the other interviews I got!

I think that's everybody. If I forgot you, lemme know! Looking forward to the next HOBO, which will likely be 22 for me.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
I knew this ***** sam was good offline although he doesent do **** on our teams wi-fi matches son of a *****. :laugh:

Player-1

Smash Legend
LOLZ Wyatt, Im glad Sam can beat toon links though. If he couldn't, that would be horrible.

P1...shouldnt u be practicing the luigi matchup...BigLou aint goin nowhere
I've beaten him...once...

player-4 needs to win dis **** and bring respect to the players...even though I've only talked to him once...0_o

R1OT

Smash Cadet
hopefully next time C2CAM won't be as boring and lil buddy razer will ride with us

Top Bottom