• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 23=3/6/2010=Dao(cali) vs Gnes(tx)!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

infomon

Smash Scientist
1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8(or 7) minute timer
sooo.... is it 8? or 7? :psycho:

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
You should decide in advance if finals are all Bo5 or Bo3. We just had a big Canadian tourney where the venue was closing down, so the TO said Bo3 and the winner was SilverDoc, but then the TO saw that there was more time left so he declared they finish it as Bo5 and the winner was then HolyNightmare. Kind of an upset :urg:

BANNED

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.
What exactly do you mean by "small step" vs. "normal" and how will this be supervised? If one grab leads to another by small-step is it an instant DQ of the match? What if it's on a character for whom the small-step (w/e it is) isn't guaranteed?

STALLING

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule and Metaknight stage rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

MetaKnight Stage Rule: If Player A (Meta Knight) wins first game and gets CP'd to Halberd (a CP stage), then he can stay Meta Knight. But if he loses, he can only stay Meta Knight if he CPs a starter/neutral stage. If he CP's a CP stage, then after opponent changes character (or stays) Player A has to switch off of Meta Knight.
:laugh: :laugh: :psycho: LOLOLOLOLOLOL :psycho: :laugh: :laugh:

oh god texas is funny

like a short-bus kind of funny

Esca Jr.

Smash Rookie
Can't wait for this hobo. Practicing all the time with esca for this one. And Gnes i want a friendly with you at this one :)

infomon

Smash Scientist
:laugh: yeah I'ma go listen to my favourite album

it's cap'n falcon himself what can I say

but at least I don't cry about nonsense like ledgegrabs

:011:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Metapod? Seriously? Pick a better Pokemon, bro.

Gnes

Smash Master
but at least I don't cry about nonsense like ledgegrabs

:011:
hmm...

Well i do agree with u on that. I mean when u have captain falcon winning your tourneys, ledgegrabs are obviously not the main concern.
*looks at icon under name*

oh wait...u play sonic...nm...i understand now...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They make it a point to whine about other people's whining though, which seems even more pointless than the whining being done in the first place. It's just going to turn into a vicious, cycling, self-fulfilling prophecy of whining... and losing to Captain Falcon.

heytallman

CTALL
hmm...

Well i do agree with u on that. I mean when u have captain falcon winning your tourneys, ledgegrabs are obviously not the main concern.
*looks at icon under name*

oh wait...u play sonic...nm...i understand now...
I'd post the exposed pic again, but I don't want an infraction for spamming.

You're on fire tonight, buddy!

infomon

Smash Scientist
but I don't want an infraction for spamming.
oh you texans are so polite, that's no fun

but phantom there would be no need for anyone to whine if your TOs weren't scrubs in the first place

I just don't get it tho.... you allow port town but not Norfair? How is Norfair ban-worthy... when you've already made an arbitrary ledgegrab limit!?

I'm not sure what other pokéman makes sense here..... my metapod's already used harden.

:goomba:

Gnes

Smash Master
oh you texans are so polite, that's no fun
but phantom there would be no need for anyone to whine if your TOs weren't scrubs in the first place
I just don't get it tho.... you allow port town but not Norfair? How is Norfair ban-worthy... when you've already made an arbitrary ledgegrab limit!?
I'm not sure what other pokéman makes sense here..... my metapod's already used harden.
Well we really are thankful that ur so concerned about our ruleset, but we are also concerned about the blasphemy thats happening at your region's tourneys. So while we consult our TO about the easily remedied stage list problem, you can start thinking really hard on how u can help your region recover after letting the second worst chr. in the game win a regional tourney.

Good luck

/ends this before zac starts working

Ladybug

Smash Lord
This is a lie and I take offense to it. :mad:

Texas TO's are very good. Sure, one of them might be a bit extreme in his view of MK, but he's still a good TO. And I'm a good TO. And UTDZac is a good TO. And Kyle is a good TO. Have you even ever been to one of our tournaments (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, RGV)?

infomon

Smash Scientist
You're right, I take it back.

Tho you can be a great TO and still a scrub.

bawwwwww'ing about MK is being a scrub.

So there's a particular Texan TO who's a scrub, even if his tourneys are great.

much like how I suck at this game, but I'm not a scrub, because I'm not whining about how cheap ppl are when I get outplayed.

instead I whine about your whining, like phantom said :laugh:
cuz it's funny how mad y'all get when you lose, that you reshape the game to accommodate

oh well at least we're all having fun amirite!?

anyway I dun wanna derail things, I'm honestly curious why the heck you think your silly rules fix whatever problem you're trying to solve.

:026: <---- a nice one for <3

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Much better Pokemon, infzy. :p

On a HOBO-related note, will RC be $5 as well?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Being bad at this game, which is pretty simple/easy... WOULD make you a scrub.

Just not a scrub who complains when he loses.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
infzy, stop now or i will get mods to infract you.

Your entire country sucks. It sucked in melee(ive been around a long time, it was one of the worst regions) and it sucks in brawl(ally's falcon beat a diddy/ddd/meta in the grand finals....gtfo). And you yourself are horrible at smash. Go away and stop posting in here if all you are going to do is complain about rules or an event that you will never attend anyway. You and your anti ban kind can never and will never understand what i do so dont assume and speculate about ****. Just go away and stop losing to a ****ing low tier.

i seriously hope that you and your kind get hit by an 18 wheeler and ****ing die. i MEAN that.

infomon

Smash Scientist
:laugh: you do realize that Ally is also from Canada, right?

and making a car wreck comment so soon after nesn00b is a pretty low blow :(

:054:

Edit: oh you edited ur post.... oh well I guess it's still kind of similar. meh!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Now now Xyro. You know as well as anyone from TX that we get talked down to by almost every region in the nation. If they wanna complain about how bad our rules are then let them, but do you think you see them coming down to TX to play our tops?

I say let them talk all they want. We both know that they can talk the good talk but can they walk to good walk? O=(<.<Q)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Infzy, are you coming to this HOBO? No? Then quit complaining about this ruleset and go complain about some other rule set since you've been asked to stop.

infomon

Smash Scientist
cool combo video bro

and I was never here to whine about your stage list, I was srsly just askin some q's about it, cuz I'm interested in rulesets in general. srsly is D3's walking grab banned against characters that can escape it??? cuz that'd be kinda funny, right? geez I'm like tryna help yaz out or sumfin

all I did was lol @ ur mk stuff :laugh: gotta admit it's pretty silly, but that's ok!! :bee:

*holds xyro's hand* let's just smile together and enjoy the sunshine ok??

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm pretty sure Kansas loves Texas.

BTW, a short notice, but I'm pretty sure you'd take it to heart: don't let me near any bracket because I will rig it against my favor. Yeah, your read correctly: I will rig the bracket against my favor. I played against Ally the second round even though we both got 1st in our pools. *cough*Joker's*cough*Monthly*cough*January*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom