• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 28: Low Tier 1vs1 Edition! Oct 9th!! MikeHaze/Deva are coming! BRING SET-UPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Sometimes you can't do anything about it regardless if you know the timing. Like getting hit into the water and dying at <50%. Even DI won't save that, absolutely ******** and needs to be taken off. This is coming from someone who mained Falco for 2 years. Less gay stages = less of a gay game = more fun and fair.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Xyro, it doesn't matter if Japes was legal in Melee or not. Brawl and Melee are two different games, with two very different physics engines.

For example, Brawl has swimming, but Melee doesn't. Brawl has auto-ledgesnap on both sides of the character, Melee doesn't have auto-ledgesnap and you can only grab the ledge if you are facing it (you have no idea how stupid Falco and DK can be on this stage; I've seen it happen in FL. In fact, ONE particular Falco player made everyone ban Japes because he is just too broken on this stage).

Pictochat, on the other hand, makes for a good counterpick. It gives characters like Sonic and Diddy solid advantages while not making them broken. The stage hazards may be random, but they would rarely kill. It also makes planking harder to do due to the drawings. And when there are no drawings it plays like FD with sloped ledges.

I just can't picture why Japes is a counterpick over Pictochat. I think that if you are willing to run at least this tournament with Japes banned and Pictochat legal then you would encounter positive results.

:069:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro, it doesn't matter if Japes was legal in Melee or not. Brawl and Melee are two different games, with two very different physics engines.

For example, Brawl has swimming, but Melee doesn't. Brawl has auto-ledgesnap on both sides of the character, Melee doesn't have auto-ledgesnap and you can only grab the ledge if you are facing it (you have no idea how stupid Falco and DK can be on this stage; I've seen it happen in FL. In fact, ONE particular Falco player made everyone ban Japes because he is just too broken on this stage).

Pictochat, on the other hand, makes for a good counterpick. It gives characters like Sonic and Diddy solid advantages while not making them broken. The stage hazards may be random, but they would rarely kill. It also makes planking harder to do due to the drawings. And when there are no drawings it plays like FD with sloped ledges.

I just can't picture why Japes is a counterpick over Pictochat. I think that if you are willing to run at least this tournament with Japes banned and Pictochat legal then you would encounter positive results.

Learn to CP. Falco and DK are NOTHING on japes if u learn how to CP character or ban the stage.

So yea, i think ill add picto and pkmn2 but keep japes. Dont bother responding to this cause i aint changing my mind.

EDIT: stage list updated

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Learn to CP. Falco and DK are NOTHING on japes if u learn how to CP character or ban the stage.

So yea, i think ill add picto and pkmn2 but keep japes. Dont bother responding to this cause i aint changing my mind.

EDIT: stage list updated
DONE...LiKE BAKED BEANS!!!1111!!!!111!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Come on, Xyro. The point of hosting tournaments is to cater to the players.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone shares the same opinion as me, but I just want to point that out.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Now, I'm not saying that everyone shares the same opinion as me, but I just want to point that out.

You obviously don't know Xyro...I'm being serious.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
The hell? Your gonna keep japes and then ADD 2 more stages? I dont get this reasoning at all but doesnt matter, I'll just **** game 3

Xyro77

You cater to them of course but you do it within reason. Their/your reasons for japes being banned basicaly come down to this: u/they just dont like it or your/their character gets ***** there. Thats not a legit reason. I gave 100% facts on why its not bad as a CP stage and ways to counter the problems u have with the stage.

I dont like Picto because of the lips/random HURT drawings/random HINDERING drawings and the fact that its almost a free win falco/diddy/sonic.

So the compromise is this:

1. I kept Japes
2. I added Pictochat
3. I added Pokemon Stadium 2

If you dont like japes, CP character or ban stage. If you dont like pictochat, CP character or ban stage.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
When did I say that I didn't like the stage or that Yoshi does bad there? I just said that there are some characters that are just broken there.

And yes, even if it's just one character, that's enough of a reason to ban a stage (which is why we don't allow stages like Bridge of Eldin or Mario Circuit, because of King Dedede. Sure, you can counterpick a character that doesn't get chain-grabbed, but then your choice of characters becomes very limited. The same thing is true for Japes).

Xyro77

When did I say that I didn't like the stage or that Yoshi does bad there? I just said that there are some characters that are just broken there.

And yes, even if it's just one character, that's enough of a reason to ban a stage (which is why we don't allow stages like Bridge of Eldin or Mario Circuit, because of King Dedede. Sure, you can counterpick a character that doesn't get chain-grabbed, but then your choice of characters becomes very limited. The same thing is true for Japes).

Brinstar/rainbow cruise/halbert/delphino/battle field all favor METAKNIGHT(who cant be counter picked) and yet nothing has been done. If anything, MK is your problem.....not DK/faclo on japes. Trust me, ive been running events longer than 97% of the players on SWFs. What i do works. Give it a shot.

PS: you will find that these "gay" or "broken" stages will RARELY get picked. I remember one time i allowed port town and green greens and it seemed me and 1 other were the ONLY ones CPing there.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm curious, how many people CP'd Japes at Hobo 27? How many CP Pictochat when it's allowed?

Hmm...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I let Tesh counterpick me to Pictochat because I thought that it was allowed. I was surprised to learn later that it wasn't.

Oh well, at least it taught me to ban Pictochat for Sonic from now on! =D

(Incidentally, MK isn't "broken" on any of those stages. The closest one is RC, but even that isn't nearly as unwinnable as King Dedede on Mario Circuit.)

Xyro77

I'm curious, how many people CP'd Japes at Hobo 27? How many CP Pictochat when it's allowed?

Hmm...
I saw japes picked ONCE the whole tourney. In teams GFs. I admit i could have missed some.

(Incidentally, MK isn't "broken" on any of those stages. The closest one is RC, but even that isn't nearly as unwinnable as King Dedede on Mario Circuit.)

ok well results from the past 2+ years of brawl disagree. As for tesh, he should not have done that and if i had known i would have stopped him. Im sorry he did that too you(even though im pretty sure u beat him anyway). I guess i gotta yell out what levels are legal levels now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, just print out the stagelist and just keep a copy near each TV so there won't be ANY disputes.

Xyro77

I used to do that for WHOBO and stuff but i guess ill start doing it again. Ok enough of this stage crap, lets get a head count for LT singles. Who is entering?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm taking everyone to Pokemon Stadium 2!
(Smirk)

I'll enter LT Singles Xyro (Mario)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
ok well results from the past 2+ years of brawl disagree. As for tesh, he should not have done that and if i had known i would have stopped him. Im sorry he did that too you(even though im pretty sure u beat him anyway). I guess i gotta yell out what levels are legal levels now.
To be technical, there are no results from Mario Circuit because it was banned from day one. =P

Fine, fine. I'll drop the issue. It is your tournament, after all. I just wanted you to be aware of certain things.

Ok enough of this stage crap, lets get a head count for LT singles. Who is entering?
Do you even need to ask? :laugh:

CHUTE

Smash Rookie
I'll go as Lucas!!!!

Oh yeah btw its DDM3K, but I changed my name and my main now. GOGO GAME & WATCH!!!!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll be going Bowser in LT singles, of course.

I'll take you fools to Japes.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm entering LT, but I don't know with who. Probably Jiggsy.

My matches are going to PS2. Ironically, Electric is probably my weak link there, but I can manage.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Will this take the new tier list into account, if it's released in time for this?

z00ted

Bowser is dropping like a bomb Zigsta - we all know it.
Nothing to worry about.. haha

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser is dropping like a bomb Zigsta - we all know it.
Nothing to worry about.. haha
Don't worry, that's not I was worried about. :p

I was asking just in case Ike gets bumped to mid tier.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the BBR was mad hating on Bowsa. Don't sweat it Zigsta.

On another note. Put me down for Zelda in LT. Thanks

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Don't worry, that's not I was worried about. :p

I was asking just in case Ike and Yoshi get bumped to mid tier.
Fixed for accuracy.

The new tier list should be released sometime around next week. I wonder if Yoshi would still be allowed for LT when he gets bumped up to MT... :ohwell:

z00ted

Ike will definitely be in mid tier.
Yoshi may be at the bottom of it or at the top of low.

Just my opinion.

Xyro77

I'll enter LT Singles Xyro (Mario)
Put me down as Zelda.

Do you even need to ask? :laugh:

I'll go as Lucas!!!!
I'll be going Bowser in LT singles, of course.
I'm entering LT, but I don't know with who. Probably Jiggsy.

I'll enter LT, put me down as Ike
Put me down for Zelda in LT. Thanks

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Can't wait for this. It's been too long since I've played good people :<

I remember one time i allowed port town and green greens and it seemed me and 1 other were the ONLY ones CPing there.
That would probably be Kirby, heh. He counterpicked Green Greens EVERY match, and won his matches on that stage every time except when he went against some Snake player who I can't remember his name.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'll be coming and entering all events. Toss me down as a question mark for low tier, I'll be picking characters on a whim as the day goes by :p

/agree with P4 about Luigi's Mansion. Anyone want to MM me there? :D

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Zigs, what are you doing up at 7:11 and postin' on here? You should be asleep =P

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Forget Larry; I want KingKong in the trunk.

YOSH, I'm up at 7 on MW for class. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom