• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 31: Sync edition! Full results up!!!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
that's why i took more games off of you in tournament

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Thats why you stilll lost.

All that effort just to LOSE to me. Because.. your trash

Btw, might as well give me my CD =]

z00ted

nope we are even i don't owe you ****

if anything you should owe me like 3 songs because i had one game over you.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sync you did really good. After next hobo y'all won't need me ever again. Weird feeling.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good to see everyone again...until Ozzfest...

Xyro77

Also, sync, thanks for the stage info. I prob won't use it because I needed 98% of the data not 18%. it's no big deal because it was my fault, I forgot to ask people.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Hey, why did wristbands cost $10 when on the Hobo thread, it said they were $8? That's kind of messed up.

Fun tournament overall. Every game I had was either me camping or me being camped though.
WHAT! When did this happen? My bad, didnt know this happened. Next time tell me and ill clear it up.

diegot143

Smash Cadet
4: Illmatic==dang you seem to be right out of the money everywhere
5: Sync=your so sweet lol. what else can i say
7: Bio==good job with that zss bro congrats on your placing and thanks for that advise
7: Poltergust==didnt get to meet you but great yoshi
9: Smoom==ggs in the tourny matches i hope to play your ics more :)
9: Tree==wow good placing tree, good job. surprising if anything lol. We can freindly anytime.
9: Sky Pirate==nice to meet you
13: Panty Raider==i saw you around but i didnt get to play you
13: P4==didnt get to friendly at the end there
13: Ozz==Your very good technically
17: Sajj==ggs in those doubles friendlies
17: KRD== ggs and nice beard :cool:
17: Gova==good friendlies, i was trying to play extra patient im usually more technical :)
25: Tesh==those chilli cheese fries looked so good i went and got some and they were great lol
25: Dinah==nice to meet you, we were doing some damage in those team freindlies :)
25: Omar==nice wolf ggs hope to see you around
25: Zigsta==almost friendlied you in the very very end
25: Leaf==thanks for the matches by the way if you upload a video of us playing it would be my first video on the internet lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
1: Razer== Expect rematches!
2: Jerm== Sorry for teams :(
3: Dphat== Sorry for random teams :(
4: Illmatic== Jerms coming back! LMAO Dude such hype matches. Next time we sidebet.
5: Sync== Dude great job at running this event. It all went so smoothly, you did excellent.
5: Shadow== tl y afk
7: Bio== Great zss
7: Poltergust== Good sets, glad I got revenge on ya ;)
9: Smoom== smOOOOOOOO0000o0o0o0o0oo0o0oo0m
9: Tree== chreeeeeeee3e3eE3e3eEee
9: Fogo== *****
9: Sky Pirate== sexy olimar, pretty scary and you tank quite nicely in teams
13: Panty Raider== dude you live forever, such close matches.
13: P4== <3
13: Ozz== eff you son
13: Kilik== we didnt get to play, next time srsly
17: Esca== da bess
17: KRD== dude your wolf is so good, your imrproving man
17: Kadin== batman
25: Tesh== dude your sonic scares the **** out of me, i hate playing against sonic! our set(s) were both really good though, you can do better than 25th!
25: Zigsta== Rob zigsta, pick up rob
25: Leaf== you know you can do better than this. we'll practice soon and work out the kinks. we both know your better than this placing. there's always next time at least.

i had a whole lot of fun this hobo, i need to stop choking and i need to start playing more efficiently, i will be practicing.

Xyro77

Ok guys, discussion time!

I had no clue that funplex was charging you a 10$ venue fee instead if the agreed/advertised 8$ venue fee. This act was done under our noses(de Angelo/xyro) and we are extremely sorry for not seeing this as it happened. I think the reason why Funplex did this is because of it's new owners, a group of mexicos, feel the need to secretly rip off it's customers. Because they have decided to do this XYRO and DE ANGELO have decided that we will never return to funplex. It's was a great run while it lasted but with a switch in TOs coming soon and the "theft" that just happened I see no better time to switch venues than now.

As for the people that got ripped off, I will make it up to you at another event at a later date. Whether it's getting you into a side event for free or reducing venue fee by 2$ I will take care of my children.

Sync, text me asap.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
4: Illmatic==I screwed up in our set so bad...
5: Sync==I'm really proud of your bracket rigging;) placement! Good job.
5: Shadow==Gas money.
9: Tree==144+182=326 total grabs. I'm back on schedule. Gonna get back playing DDR.
9: Sky Pirate==MU practice, thanks. The more you know.
13: Panty Raider==Our money match was...good?
13: Ozz==ggs today
13: Kilik==ggs
17: KRD==You played really good, **** metaknight
17: Kadin==Good seeing you again, come around more often.
17: Diego==I'll get our videos up.
17: Gova==Our set was good, best of the day.
25: Zigsta==1-1 now, where shall we do the tiebreaker?
25: Leaf

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Ok guys, discussion time!

I had no clue that funplex was charging you a 10$ venue fee instead if the agreed/advertised 8$ venue fee. This act was done under our noses(de Angelo/xyro) and we are extremely sorry for not seeing this as it happened. I think the reason why Funplex did this is because of it's new owners, a group of mexicos, feel the need to secretly rip off it's customers. Because they have decided to do this XYRO and DE ANGELO have decided that we will never return to funplex. It's was a great run while it lasted but with a switch in TOs coming soon and the "theft" that just happened I see no better time to switch venues than now.

As for the people that got ripped off, I will make it up to you at another event at a later date. Whether it's getting you into a side event for free or reducing venue fee by 2$ I will take care of my children.

Sync, text me asap.
I do AGREE! I have 2 new venues now so far just need to talk to the owners about some things before everything is solid. Im happy everyone had a good time yesterday and i apologize to everyone that this happened to. I will work out something at the new venue to make up for the 2$ like free drinks or something. We have been at funplex for 1 1/2 years now almost close to 2 years and this has NEVER EVER happened before. If it wasnt for me checking the results thread, i would have never know. The new owners are grimey and dishonest and they will soon see that if you dont RUN a HONEST BUSINESS, it will FAIL! I chose funplex because a friend of mine used to own the place and ive known him for over 15 years. Now that that friend is gone, its time for me/tys series and xyro/sync/hobo series to go as well. I dont stand for this type of BS and never will. It was a good run because if it wasnt for funplex hobos and test your skills wouldnt have came this far. I didnt want to start a I hate funplex discussion in here because everyone is congratulating sync on his 1st hobo so please lets keep it that way and discuss funplex in the houston thread. Me and xyro will be picking up our tvs that are at funplex and will be taking it to the new venue soon. Everyone stay tuned to a new venue:awesome:...

z00ted

How far away are the two possible venues from FunPlex?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
How far away are the two possible venues from FunPlex?
Both are about 15-30mins away. Im going to be setting up a meeting with the owners sometime this week and get the details ironed out. 1 venue is pretty much a go just have to work out times cause hobos can sometimes end at 12 midnight or 1am and i want to have enough time to cover friendlies and if a tournament is running late we still have time to do it.

z00ted

:((((((((((((((((((

30 minutes is like an hour from my house.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
If you played on TV 4 and want videos uploaded please PM me and tell me who you are, who the person you played was, and if it was tournament/friendlies.

My setup finally worked right and I have 9 hours of stuff to upload and if I can get some help sorting it out that would be really cool and I would love you guys forever because going through all of this is really tough and even if you just tell me the tag/character you used that would help and

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeafyLeafsLeaf?feature=mhum

BioDG

Smash Ace
1: Razer== Congrats on another win and your Fox! It's amazing to see victory after victory and thanks for the support.
2: Jerm== Sorry about not doing the MM. Next time we're at a tourney, we should get that out of the way. That Fox vs. TL set was amazing.
3: Dphat== Metakniiiiiiiight.
4: Illmatic== Incredible placing, man. Congratulations. Next time we have to do our MM.
5: Sync== Probably the only time I didn't feel bad for losing. Even though I got owned first round, I learned so much in our set. LOL @ me picking battlefield. Congrats on your improvement!
5: Shadow== Solid performance, man. Keep up the good work.
7: Bio== Keep it up! :D
7: Poltergust== It's crazy how good that Yoshi is.
9: Smoom== Those matches were so epic.
9: Tree== Something tells me you're laughing at how badly you owned me in friendlies lol. That Sheik is very, very impressive.
9: Fogo== Fun Snake matches!
9: Sky Pirate== Didn't get a chance to run into you.
13: Panty Raider== Those were some intense matches.
13: P4== Congrats on doubles!
13: Ozz== You are so good in doubles with that Marth. I'm hyped for Ozzfest.
17: Esca== Those matches had me on the edge of my seat.
17: KRD== Fun friendlies and thanks for the advice. One of the most genuine players in the Smash scene I have run into.
17: Diego== Your Marth impressed me, dude. I can tell it's improving. Your friendlies with Leaf were so intense and you played really smart. Congrats, you're on YT now! lol.
17: Batou== LOL @ our doubles matches. Those were so much fun!
17: Problemo== Great matches in doubles.
25: Z== Nice shiek.
25: Tesh== Your Sonic deserves higher placing. It's hard to see why it's not up there because you play really smart and don't seem to make many mistakes. Especially when you were able to time out Esca. I wish I could help you out since you always help me...but I think with the right input, you can get out of this dry spell easily.
25: Dinah== Fun friendlies! Great Peach.
25: Zigsta== Keep reppin' that Bowser!
25: Leaf== Keep reppin' that amazing Pikachu.

Sync.

Smash Champion
1: Razer==Good job in everything cousin! Glad you made that money get ***** by MK traps though hehe. I'm coming for you in GFs.
2: Jerm== Jerm did work doobie bro
3: Dphat== Thanks for the talk Andy! It helped a lot. Sucks I lost to you twice but I will come back and be stronger than ever next time we play
4: Illmatic==Lately, I haven't been playing you ]: good job on fourth! Perhaps next time yeah?
5: Shadow==What did I tell you PJ? I was right wasn't I?
7: Bio==Seriously, good job on all you did. Our set was fun and it really helped me learn the matchup. Really good job on beating the people you beat man. I'm so proud of you!
7: Poltergust==Dat Peach! We should play Peach v Yoshi more that was too fun
9: Smoom==Sorry you had to leave early Smoomsies... I hope I got all your matches done in time.
9: Tree==Great set was pretty nervous when we played. Good **** at your solid victories
9: Fogo==Sorry for what happened Fogo I know you're better and everyone else knows too
9: Sky Pirate==Didn't get to play you again! I wanted to...but was too busy ]: perhaps at a non Houston tournament where I don't have to run things lol
13: Panty Raider== Panty! Man sorry about those random matches I had to make sure the place was clean and what not! I keep hearing things about you... good job at getting better!
13: P4==You know what I have to say to you. Don't give up. Remember our talk. <3
13: Ozz==Good seeing Ozz and thanks for checking over my seeding! I'll see you at May HOBO
13: Kilik==Nice meeting you man and thanks for coming to HOBO
17: Esca==Fun stuff in teams you guys were so hard! It's always nice seeing you Brent [:
17: Sajj==Thanks for coming to HOBO
17: KRD==KRD nice talking to you as things calmed down! Work on those ICs man I bet they'd be good!
17: Kadin==Nice seeing you my young batman! Fun stuff in bracket! Show up more I'll teach you MK stuff!
17: Diego==Good to see you and good to hear you're improving keep it up!
17: Batou==Glad to see that Snake in tourney keep workin at it!
17: Problemo==Nice hanging with you befor ethe tourney sorry about Pokemon ]:
17: Gova==Fun stuff in mid tier! Those were close matches!
25: Z==Thanks for coming to HOBO
25: Meatbag==Sorry I DQed you buddy! I looked for you for like an hour! I'm glad to hear you left and I didn't DQ someone that was actually at the venue...
25: Tesh==Come over sometime and I'll teach you what MK stuff that I know! It's definitely improving!
25: Slate==Thanks for showing up! I'll probably be attending future events that you hold!
25: Dinah==Thanks for coming down! It means a lot to me that people take the time to travel to Houston events!
25: Omar==Thank you for coming to HOBO!
25: Zigsta=Fun MM! I agree with Jerm and Ill. You're a smart player and just need a pocket high tier to get through the MU **** so you can do work later on with that Bowser.
25: Leaf==Thanks for driving and doing the usual. You're always there man. Shake it off. I know you're better and everyone else does too.

Xyro- Thanks so much for all the help Allan! I was really nervous about running this but you were very helpful in making sure I ran this event right!
RT- Thanks for helping me run this event as well! I'm glad you were there for the first HOBO ran by me!

Gnes- Keith thanks so much for teaming with me and keeping me motivated. I was surprised I actually contributed to the team lol. I had so much fun for once in tournament instead of being scared or something lol. I like that way better than when I play in singles I have to learn to think like you do.

Thank you for all the shoutouts! It was a fun tournament and thank you all for showing up! (Austin and DFW!)

Tesh

Smash Hero
1: Razer==:snake: ($210.00) - Great job, I honestly didn't know you are so beast in mid tiers as well. And I thought your Wolf was good last time! Nice fox.
4: Illmatic==:peach: -Good stuff almost getting money in both singles events. Professional money matcher
5: Sync==:metaknight: - Nice job 2-0ing Bio, glad to see both of you doing so well.
5: Shadow==:toonlink: -lolwut? Nice toon link as always.
7: Bio==:zerosuitsamus: Nice job, sorry I killed you like that in teams, I took a close game and screwed it up. I'm confused now about who to use in teams. Also stop letting me win Sonic dittos.
9: Smoom==:popo: Good job vs Bio, I laughed out loud when I walked up and saw you guys playing on FD.
9: Tree==:sheik: always a pleasure
9: Fogo==:snake:ggs in teams, best part was dying at 80% from that c4 after my spring
13: Panty Raider==:gw:/:metaknight: ggs in teams, I feel a little silly
13: P4==:metaknight: lol, I had fun in that japes money match. Good job killing me when I was 8 SECONDS AWAY FROM BEING YOU 2-0!!
13: Ozz==:marth:/:falco:I need to play you in singles matches more often
13: Kilik==:sheik: Ah, nice sheik. As I always tell Bio, PRACTICE THOSE GRAB RELEASES. Its a big punish and you don't want any opportunity to get away from you. NEVER GIVE UP.
17: Esca==:pit:/:metaknight: -ah, you got me put me in losers in both events. Your pit is really good, I don't know why you bother using Snake against me, I just run away. We are 3-1 now, I'm gonna have to make sure I win next time.
17: Sajj==:sheik: whats with all the ninjas?
17: KRD==:wolf: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YOU HEAVY ******* YOU!! When I landed that Fsmash, I was literally about to get up, shake your hand and say "ggs".
17: Diego==:marth: GGs man, sorry I didn't give you much Sonic practice. Keep working at it and we can swarm the next mid tier event like little blue zerglings.
17: Batou==:snake:ggs in teams 1-1, come back next time and we can settle this like gentlemen.

17: Problemo==:metaknight: ggs in teams
17: Gova==:kirby2:ggs in teams, I mostly ran away from you cuz my MK is a wuss
25: Z==:sheik: Ninjas?
25: Meatbag==DQ - Sync cheats!!
25: Tesh==:sonic: worst Sonic?
25: Dinah==:peach:ah, missed out on doing singles with our mains AGAIN
25: Zigsta==:bowser2: ah I feel bad that we didn't play some singles matches. time flies so fast at HOBOs.
25: Leaf==:pikachu2: Hi Leaf!

TOSM: GGs man, got those spring gimps, but u still put me to shame with that huge friggen sword. Why no marth this time?

Gnes : No singles?

Xyro: hope you had a chance to relax at this tournament, I always see you putting in so much work to get things running smoothly.

Was the 10$ thing truly malicious? I thought Leaf said the guy was trying to give the 2$ back. He only charged me 8, he might have just been confused.

Also Neon, why would you tell a Bowser main to pick up DK to cover matchups? Unity?

D3UberD3

Smash Cadet
I'm so mad that I got f'd over. I destroy tls and probably would of done well if I made it. 3rd tourney i've missed bc of nonsense

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah he went up and asked me sometime early in the event what's the difference between tournament and venue fee. I was like "they pay me the $10 for tournament and they pay you $8 for venue fee" Illmatic was there when I told him about that and I remember seeing him refund some people about it.

Edit: Again, Allan may know something I don't know about this so I'm not going to decide on the venue change I'm going to leave that to Xyro and DA. But I'm just saying what I told the guy selling the wristbands.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yeah he went up and asked me sometime early in the event what's the difference between tournament and venue fee. I was like "they pay me the $10 for tournament and they pay you $8 for venue fee" Illmatic was there when I told him about that and I remember seeing him refund some people about it.
I hope people aren't seriously considering changing venues over a simple misunderstanding like this. I'm sure funplex could make it up to those people somehow next time.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I'm so mad that I got f'd over. I destroy tls and probably would of done well if I made it. 3rd tourney i've missed bc of nonsense
Sorry for double post, but find someone to get in a car pool for tournaments man! We're all here to help! You can always ask anyone with a cari n Houston as long as you toss a few bucks towards gas!

Smoom77

Smash Master
I want to emphasize to everyone that Tesh and Bio and getting way good! Props to Bio for beating me, Esca, panty (thats all I know).

Btw, Zig you owe me $5 ;)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I want to emphasize to everyone that Tesh and Bio and getting way good! Props to Bio for beating me, Esca, panty (thats all I know).

Btw, Zig you owe me $5 ;)
Bio is getting very good at carrying me. Hedgehogs don't weigh much though. I just need to teach him how to play dodgeball.

WHATABURGER FRIES ARE SUPER SALTY!!

z00ted

I hope people aren't seriously considering changing venues over a simple misunderstanding like this. I'm sure funplex could make it up to those people somehow next time.
yeah... that's what I'm thinking.

Especially if the new venue is a decent length away.

Top Bottom