• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash: Numbers *8/6/10* Lake Alfred Florida

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
LOL

That was one thing I was worried about when I took upon TO'ing Smash for CEO. It's safe to say that CEO had a good payout relative to the entrants that were there.
yea it was pretty good

that top 10% thing you were talking was pretty interesting as well

_Dice

Smash Ace
There is also bounty prizes. but that requires seeding.

Pretty much every set you win earns you money, and less for losers bracket wins, but if you beat higher seeds there is more money involved and stuff. so you can enter and if you win 1 set then lose two you get a dollar back ect. it gives less money to top 2 but the break even point is usually top 8 (depending on entrants.

gallax

Smash Hero
Yeah the payouts are horrific. Seeing that i actually may not come. The payouts should be something like 55/35/10 or using my payout system for top5 payout if enough people show. And the amateur bracket should get none of the pot for the entry from reg singles. If they want a pot have all the entrants of the amateur bracket put in $2 to enter the bracket.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Xdeath i'll MM your :metaknight: vs my :bowser:

also i AM coming ryan, and i call shotgun due to giving gas money and buying you lunch.
I'm down with that offer.

What is an amateur bracket? Bracket for people that don't get out of pools? lol
Usually Viper does it so that it's everyone under top 9, i believe.

yeah pretty much, it'll be you + others.

:serious-not-troll:
Get wrecked.
and yeah, lucky this tourney is 5$ :p

_Dice

Smash Ace
Also Viper if you consider a 40/30/20/10 payout for a large entry you'd probably get more hype. if 30 people come then first gets 60, second gets 45 third gets 30 fourth gets 15.

as it is now first would get 75 second would get 30 third would get 22.50 fourth gets 15 and fifth gets 3.75, which is less than entry fee and pretty much a waste and adding another 3.75 to the am bracket is another waste, the winner of am bracket won't miss three dollars.

so going 40/30/20/10 would give 15 dollars to 2nd, 7.50 to third and first still earns a very sizable (4x total costs)

When giving out payouts you really need to consider money earned divided entry, and have it be 1 at the lowest payout so that when you get paid you at least break even. so instead of getting a consolation payout of less than entry you at least know that you came and played for free.

and a 4:1 3:1 2:1 1:1 payout system actually is the best way to go given how steep your door fee is.

also it spares you of needing to carry change around for payouts.

since you will be getting 5's and 10's incoming it allows you to use 5's and 10's outgoing as well.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
When I had tourneys, everyone who came loved my payouts. And note, this was for biweeklys even

Singles Payouts: 40/25/15/10/5/5

If both 5th place players agree to it, they can play out 1 best of 3 set for a winner take all of their winnings (Example: If Smasher A and B both get 5 bucks total for their 5th places, they can play each other in 1 best of 3 set for the entire 10 dollars. In the standings, it will also be listed as 5th and 6th instead of two 5th places)

Doubles Payouts: 50/25/15/10

Entry there was $5 as well. In the case that there were less than 20 entrants, I just manually made the payouts so the 5th place got their money back, and went up from there. For example if there were only 16 entrants for 5 bucks:
Pot total = $80 total
1st -35
2nd -20
3rd -15
4th -10
5th - 5
5th - 5

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I think he doesn't care so much for the payout, as he does for the community coming together, having fun and getting their moneys worth.

Not to be offensive to anyone, but opinions outside of that don't really matter.

And if you guys are mad about the pot not being high enough; you can all suck my salty little nuts. Juss sayin

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think he doesn't care so much for the payout, as he does for the community coming together, having fun and getting their moneys worth.

Not to be offensive to anyone, but opinions outside of that don't really matter.

And if you guys are mad about the pot not being high enough; you can all suck my salty little nuts. Juss sayin
...wow do you read?

my payout system, compared to the current one, only does MORE for bringing more players and bringing the community together, by paying out more places so more people get money, and those at even 5th place have a chance to get their money back

and literally NO ONE has complained about the $5 entry fee bro.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
...wow do you read?

my payout system, compared to the current one, only does MORE for bringing more players and bringing the community together, by paying out more places so more people get money, and those at even 5th place have a chance to get their money back

and literally NO ONE has complained about the $5 entry fee bro.
Thats the problem. I didn't and wont read. **** you guys

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
man, that payout sucks for anyone not 1st place :laugh:
Yeah the payouts are horrific. Seeing that i actually may not come.

The only thing different from the pay outs from the previous Holy Smash is that i took 2.5% and gave it to amateur bracket. Now that i am thinking about it i might just charge a low entry fee to get into amateur bracket $2-3 bucs.

anyways since both of you have good chances to be in the money i would like to see the pay outs you think would be best while including a % for the amateur bracket and one with out.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I honestly think there should just be 1 type of payout system for smash. Changes on amount of entrants and amateur bracket things.....

In other news.... Keith we are going destroy this tournament. I has dah powers.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yeah the payouts are horrific. Seeing that i actually may not come. The payouts should be something like 55/35/10 or using my payout system for top5 payout if enough people show. And the amateur bracket should get none of the pot for the entry from reg singles. If they want a pot have all the entrants of the amateur bracket put in $2 to enter the bracket.
I agree with this

Edit: I also like GDX payout system. Especially that 5th place thing. That's cool lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
To viper look at my last post for my payout suggestion. It was like 10 posts ago or air

To Gary lol yes sir

To mink if he wants he can do that but honestly if they want amateur they should just have separate entry of like 1-5 and go from there

:phone:

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Sure Sensei, i'll add you in.
You okay with going for the lock in too?
The lock in is Friday night, right? I'll be ok going to it, but I'll have to double check what time I work that day. I don't have Fridays guaranteed off like I do for Saturdays lol. Money is too tight to request any days off right now.

Sensei, your luigi vids should be up soon. I'll post them on the luigi boards when they are.

Also, sensei, doesn't your controller have the springs taken out of the R button? Mind if i test a controller setting with it?
That's fine, just let me know when you want to test it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
The lock in is Friday night, right? I'll be ok going to it, but I'll have to double check what time I work that day. I don't have Fridays guaranteed off like I do for Saturdays lol. Money is too tight to request any days off right now.

That's fine, just let me know when you want to test it.
Are we teaming for this?

_Dice

Smash Ace
And when I say we are going to destroy it really means people are really gonna hate turnips, dair, and uair this tournament.
and by turnips he means bombs, because thats all he's going to be pulling. yeah we got 1 minute long sets in doubles.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Thoughts?

10-14 Entrants ($50-$70 Pot):
1st 45% ($22.50-$31.50)
2nd 30% ($15-$21)
3rd 15% ($7.50-$10.50)
4th 10% ($5-$7)

A possible alternative for 10-19 is:
15-19 Entrants ($75-$95 Pot):
1st 35% ($26.25-$33.25)
2nd 25% ($18.75-$23.75)
3rd 16% ($12-$15.20)
4th 10% ($7.50-$9.50)
5th 7% ($5-$6.65)
5th 7% ($5-$6.65)

20-29 Entrants ($100-$145):
1st 40% ($40-$58)
2nd 25% ($25-$36.25)
3rd 15% ($15-$21.75)
4th 10% ($10-$14.50)
5th 5% ($5-$7.25)
5th 5% ($5-$7.25)

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I am inspired by certain factors to get significantly better for this tournament.

I will place higher and perform much better than I did at CEO.

INSPIRATIONAL HYPE

Mink let's team. I didn't ask cause I thought you had a partner for some reason.

Top Bottom