• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Home-Run Minigame

Sonic80

Smash Rookie
Ok, so this may sound stupid, but I really need to do better at the Home-Run Minigame. I tried with several characters, I did what it says to do on the smash world wiki, but I can never do all the moves in 10 seconds. The farthest I ever hit it was 87 feet with Samus.

What can I do to get a better high score?

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
-Learn to bat-drop (takes a long time).
-Learn how to SHFFL.

And go on youtube and search videos like 'ganon homerun record'.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Don't actually do Gannondorf's record, though, it freezes the game (anything over 4500 or so will).

I'm not good at all that fancy stuff either. The most I've gotten is with Yoshi, over 2,000. Use a short jump with down-A until the last second, then smash it with the bat (if you're lucky, you can pull off four down-A attacks before using the bat). Try to have Yoshi land just barely to the left of the sandbag's center, to push it over a little bit every time.

I think I was able to get over 1,300 with Roy. Up Smash until 4.5 seconds remain, then charge his Sheild Breaker (hold B).

Interesting note: If you stand directly next to and face away from the sandbag with Pichu or Pikachu, and then smash attack (with the bat, of course) toward it, it will fly farther than if you were facing it the whole time.

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
my highest is 440 or something in the PAL version.. in the US and JP its "feet".. and is usually 2000 ft. or something..

180OP

Smash Journeyman
87 feet?! lolz. whaaaaa? I have almost all characters above 1000, though I haven't taken the time to learn the bat drop.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I've always had problems getting over 1,000 with Captain Falcon and Sheik. Although, I don't really worry about Sheik, since I can just use Zelda instead, but C.F....I can't figure out (I've done it before, but I can't remember how).
I know to use Falcon Punch or his knee, but I can't seem to get the sandbag's damage high enough <.<

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I've always had problems getting over 1,000 with Captain Falcon and Sheik. Although, I don't really worry about Sheik, since I can just use Zelda instead, but C.F....I can't figure out (I've done it before, but I can't remember how).
I know to use Falcon Punch or his knee, but I can't seem to get the sandbag's damage high enough <.<
What I like to do is do some Usmash->Dair, and some fsmashes with the bat, but not the automatic kill one. Then I just Falcon Punch.

:(I've only gotten it to 1145 doing this.:(

Top Bottom