• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 3! ATL NORTH/MIDWEST REIGIONAL! PA/OH/MI/MD/VA/WV/FL?!/and more!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

takieddine

Smash Master
Black Chrisssss yeaaah bring your greensboro folks!

~7hrs is the drive (with a little bit of getting lost).

Housing is possible. Ask around I'm sure someone will step it up.

LAAAIN YOUU BIIIIIICHHHH, come here so we can have a SLAMIN' time.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yup. If you need me to help run/seed brawl(especially if some OoS shows up) I'm fine with it.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Me and my bro probably coming to this one too. Each of us did better at hope 2 than hope 1 and hopefully the trend continues.

Jimmy, you might not get a chance to get revenge on Beserker Swordsman, but you might get a chance to get revenge against the guy who sent you to losers, see you there hopefully:)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
will that ranmaru kid be here? i feel like i was sposta mm him after pound. don't remember for sure though.

same with that big wenz guy. he should swing around for this.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i think i'm still interested in this more than i am the NC tourney that's happening a week prior to this. I would hope to have a full car (5 people). and at least 1 setup.

who wants to house some **** NC players?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'll try my best to make it. Pretty likely since it's on a holiday weekend. I might be able to drag more of NEOH with me as well.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sveet, you should come. The only way attendance looks good, is when cars dedicate to traveling. I myself am pretty stoked about another large tournament to prove myself. If you are too, then gather yourself and join me in attendance.

GREENSBORO NC GOIN IN

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'll talk to some people from my area and see if we can get a chicago car to travel to this.

Is there any housing available?

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
Alright so just a few days ago I attended Carroll's tournament...it was my first. I got my frickin' *** handed to me... like seriously I took off maybe a couple stocks off some of the players and that was about my greatest achievement... there was a casual corner of players where I did well but damn...to do so badly against everyone else...that was some discouraging **** there... :/ i mean wow... I'm looking at you team canada... christ...

So my question is 2 fold

1. should i even bother attending more tournaments with so many talented players out there?

2. and is it even possible to catch up to these players skill levels?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you have fun playing the game, keep going to tournaments. yes it is definitely possible to catch up. Your first tournament will always be the hardest, after that you know what its like and each time you'll get better and better.

Life

Smash Hero
I got last at my first tournament (/hope2) but I'm progressing (if slowly). If I can do it, so can you.

Need more local tournaments tho, for srs.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it's all mentality, but it's definitely possible. it all starts with finding players in your region, and practicing from there. Wecome to the melee scene.

Living in buffalo, you do have one of the best players, with one of the best mentalities in the game about 60 miles from you, JesiahTEG. Playing with other players from buffalo will also help you out.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
@frank desu.
I think it's set in stone that you will always get ownen your first tourny.
Matter of fact it took me till my 4th tourny to win my first set. And like my 9th tourny to get top 5.
If you have love for the game and keep playing and going to tournys youll see your self improving. Also the scene around is awesome so if your ever down to play post in out Pittsburgh weeklies thread. I live 5 minutes from the SM2 venue and there's alot other players that live close to me that were there. Stick with it man you'll get there I promise. Also you use Marth right? Right up my alley! I'm a marth main as well! I'll
Show you the tricks:)

Also inspiring story time.. I remember going to this Ohio tourney and a sat down and played this kid.. He told me it was his first and after our set I played some friendliest with him any talked about certain MUs with him... Then thenext Ohio tourny about 3 or 4 months later he ***** me in a friendly in my favorite MU.. Lol
:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
I won a set at my first tourney...but only 1 set, lol. It takes a while to get good.

Melee's getting mad hype, yay!

Now Brawlers need to pick it up too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom