• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hori Mini Pad

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
So I just purchase a Hori Mini Pad. For some of you people who dont know what it is they are a 3rd party controller for the N64. And as far as i know it is only other kind of controller aside from the default controller that is available. The main difference in the 2 controllers is the size of the controller(hori pan being smaller) and the sticks are different(hori pad as a more game cube like stick).

With that being said i just want to say that it is awesome. for all you N64 smashers out there i believe that the stick is superior to the original 64 stick. For the hard core smashers i know you have the truble of you sticks wearing out and becoming less responsive. This has not happened to me yet with the Hori pad. Also i believe the Hori pad stick is much more fluid and smooth.

If you dont have one i suggest getting one, but they are hard to come by and very rare.

If you do have one what do you think about them? Do you agree or disagree with what i have said. Your thoughts everybody?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Other then the size this seems very nice..

My mind keeps wondering about the stick D:

GameCube style stick...on a...N64 controller?!

I needz one!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
So I just purchase a Hori Mini Pad. For some of you people who dont know what it is they are a 3rd party controller for the N64. And as far as i know it is only other kind of controller aside from the default controller that is available. The main difference in the 2 controllers is the size of the controller(hori pan being smaller) and the sticks are different(hori pad as a more game cube like stick).

With that being said i just want to say that it is awesome. for all you N64 smashers out there i believe that the stick is superior to the original 64 stick. For the hard core smashers i know you have the truble of you sticks wearing out and becoming less responsive. This has not happened to me yet with the Hori pad. Also i believe the Hori pad stick is much more fluid and smooth.

If you dont have one i suggest getting one, but they are hard to come by and very rare.

If you do have one what do you think about them? Do you agree or disagree with what i have said. Your thoughts everybody?
yeah it's pretty sick

http://photos.imageevent.com/gamescans/consolehardware//Nintendo%20N64%20Hori%20MiniPad%20Black%20Controller%2001%20copy.jpg
they're really rare to find on the internet..
or do you know where they sell them?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
do u know where he got it??

I might go to microplay or EB games an see if they know how to order from japan or something

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i think there's a mod where you replace the n64's joystick with a gamecube one

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
ok guys so i cant point you directly in the right direction for where to get on because i dont know.

but i will tell you how i got mine.

so what i did was i found a Japanese gaming store online. The store i found was an ebay store. i didnt see any hori pads for sale on his site so i emailed the person and inquired about it. he told me that they are very rare and he would look for me. it took him about 3 weeks to find one for me and it was the best purchase i have made in atleast 3 years. it wasnt brand new tho it was in very good condition though. DIDNT KEEP ME FROM BUYING IT THO!

so thats what i would try to do. Actulaly inquire to someone about it who lives in japan. and the reason its sooooo rare is because it came out exclusively in japan. so even if you cantact someone in japan to look for it its not guaranteed youll get one.

GOOD LUCK GUYS! i hope you find them. they. are. sick.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
i found a Japanese gaming store online. The store i found was an ebay store. i didnt see any hori pads for sale on his site so i emailed the person and inquired about it. he told me that they are very rare and he would look for me
please PM me or post this guy's site and email PLEASE. :)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
OMFG!!!!!!!!! I want one too!!! The original N64 joystick sucks compared to the GC joystick! And this seems exactly the same!
Btw, where is the z-button located? i guess in the back, but is it confortable to press?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
OMFG!!!!!!!!! I want one too!!! The original N64 joystick sucks compared to the GC joystick! And this seems exactly the same!
Btw, where is the z-button located? i guess in the back, but is it confortable to press?
I read on a random forum today that the z button on the hori mini n64 feels like an l2 or R2 on a ps1 or ps2 :(

but it works fine when ur used to it apparantly.

My gc adaptor is on the way btw nixxon. yay for me :p

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
yes the L and R buttons are like the l1 r1 on the playstation controllers. and the z button is just like L2 and R2.

but yes thats true, it was awkward and weird at first. but let me tell ya once you get used to it, it works just fine and is as natural as ever. just takes a lil time to get used to it.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
There are also the SUMO 3rd party N64 controllers, but they suck.

The proportions of the C buttons to the A&B buttons looks perfect here, and a Gamecube-style joystick is awesome. Would be sweet to get one.

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
Well i bought 2 things from him.

i bought a japanese version of smash bros 64.

and the hori pad.

the game was 15$ and the controller in mint condition was 26$
which i felt were pretty fair prices.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Well i bought 2 things from him.

i bought a japanese version of smash bros 64.

and the hori pad.

the game was 15$ and the controller in mint condition was 26$
which i felt were pretty fair prices.
look at his items.. they all sell 200$ and up

some1rational

Smash Cadet
wat kind of adapter do you use to play with this controller? doesn't the boom (the see through blue/purple psx/n64 converters) only accept non-third party controllers? I was wondering which adapter ppl r using to play with this on pc

OldSchoolSmasher

Smash Rookie
I bought a hori mini pad about a month ago, and I gotta tell ya, it's awesome. It popped up on Ebay one day (I had been checking Ebay very often), so I bought it for a cool 50 bucks. It's true that the Z-button(s) are shoulder buttons like L and R, but it becomes second nature in about an hour or so of practice. When I started, I thought it would never feel as good as a first-party N64 controller, but I can safely say that the hori mini pad easily trumps it.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I bought a hori mini pad about a month ago, and I gotta tell ya, it's awesome. It popped up on Ebay one day (I had been checking Ebay very often), so I bought it for a cool 50 bucks. It's true that the Z-button(s) are shoulder buttons like L and R, but it becomes second nature in about an hour or so of practice. When I started, I thought it would never feel as good as a first-party N64 controller, but I can safely say that the hori mini pad easily trumps it.
if it ever pops up again let me know bro

OldSchoolSmasher

Smash Rookie

Have you, or anyone for that matter, had any success trying to use Mini Pad on your PC? I can't configure it. I am currently using a Sumoto N64/PS2 to USB to connect.

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
Have you, or anyone for that matter, had any success trying to use Mini Pad on your PC? I can't configure it. I am currently using a Sumoto N64/PS2 to USB to connect.
no with the adapter that i have it doesnt work. :( i do not know how to hook it up to the PC, this is the only problem with it. sorry cant help here. if anyone finds a adapter that works let everyone know please.

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
wat kind of adapter do you use to play with this controller? doesn't the boom (the see through blue/purple psx/n64 converters) only accept non-third party controllers? I was wondering which adapter ppl r using to play with this on pc
unknown! :(

Top Bottom