• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hori Wii fighting sick yes or no?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Illegal because of the turbo buttons
/thread
This.

And having no c-stick will make some AT's near impossible, too. Not to mention all the really fast maneuvers you can do on traditional Brawl controllers (wii+nunchuck, classic, GCN) will be void in this one due to how far apart all the buttons are.

Keep it real with the old controllers. [gets shot]

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
What the hell is up with arcade sticks with turbo?

STOP MAKING THEM

WaterTails

Smash Lord
If that's the same stick one of my friends has, it won't even work with Brawl. The stick acts as a D-pad, so you'd only be able to taunt.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If that's the same stick one of my friends has, it won't even work with Brawl. The stick acts as a D-pad, so you'd only be able to taunt.
LOL.

SO much for having a use. Guess it's good for Kirby Air Ride, though. Then again, you only need a pad and a working button for that game. Still, wii controls don't work on the GCN...

What actual uses would this stick have? o_O

nevershootme

Smash Master
http://www.hori.jp/us/products/wii/wii_fighting_stick/index.html

Should this stick be legal for tourny play. It's kind of unfair when other fighting games are allowed to use a stick like this but not smash.
this stick does not work because it does not do analog movements, only d-pad. which mean u be doing taunts all day

u can try to make your own stick with this controller board but your milege may vary

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026

in the end even if you try to enable it's "smash mode" it's not gonna give u 100% analog movement at times. but it's usable in Melee and 64 (mostly 64 on the wii perfectly)

i've experimented for awhile and all i can say is that the board probablly wasn't fully programmed properly. and kinda crapped out after awhile

seriously,, do your research. because you must be trolling like **** or what, but programming analog movements onto a chip is super hard

'V'

Smash Lord
GC controllers are what most people use, but there are 3 other ways of playing also. See which style you like the most. I'm sure the fighting stick can't even be used.

Krow

Smash Rookie
Bottom Line Bro, Stick=Street Fighter, Tekken, and DOA. Smash=either Cube controller or your wasting your time:/

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
What how will you guard that's gna be so weird randomly pressing a button so much while trying to press others... I'd get too confused playing smash with a stick. I'll stick to playing SF with a stick.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sticks are great for traditional fighters. Er... that's it.

If you're planning on becoming a competitve SF/GG/BB/KoF player or something similar, then yes. If not, then there's really no point.

Top Bottom