• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Question about Food and Pools, What is around the area for food and how are Pools going to work. Does everyone make it out or top 5, etc.? I know the Tourney is about a Month and a Half away, but just to make sure. I am Iowa's GPS system. :laugh:

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Dun worry, I got this Mike.

I've been practicing.

Sort of.

And to @Greg
I don't know what's around the area to be honest, ask Rauleen next time she posts. And about pools, it depends on our attendance, I hope we don't have to do elimination, but if we have a HUGE amount of people, we'll calculate there and see how long the tourney will take, and if we can hit the mark, we'll be good, if not we'll have to eliminate lowest seed.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
@ Milk: That wasn't me. :laugh: I never went Samus before in a match ever in my life. I'm a Marth Main and the OoS Tourneys I've been for Brawl have been GigaBrawl (Lawrence, KS) , No KOAST v2 (Wichita, KS) , and Clash of Fighters (Chicago, IL). I'm always at Joker's Monthlys also. Been there since the first one.

Radium88

Smash Lord
That was a pretty sexxxy flier but for right now....
DON'T POST IT ANYWHERE OR GIVE IT OUT OR WHATEVER!

Like I said before, I NEED to find a bigger venue now. I didn't expect it to get so big so quick. I just found the current venue Monday! But fear not, I will make it my duty to find it by next Friday.

But also, Milk! and I discussed that we will wait until beginning of Jan. to post the fliers. Reason being, it's way too early. Older fliers get thrown away or moved or covered or whatever so I don't want these to be overlooked so quickly.

Oh! and I don't mind that Milk!'s email is on there. He will be in charge of any responses.

And we are keeping what we've already had with the stage list. I don't think I will go changing the list anymore.

@Greg: No worries, I'll do a map with food around the place. I've also toyed with some food ideas but nothing concrete. I'm not doing it as of right now because the venue might change.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Have you tried posting a listing on Craigslist yet, Rauleen? I got a lot of hits when I posted there, I just only ended up having time to check out one of the hits that I got and it ended up sucking... but I got like 8 hits within 24 hours or so, so you might find something.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Also, Greg, I think it was just someone using your tag, my apologies. :D

I went to the first Clash of event in Chicago, I wish I wouldn't of been so tired.

When it comes to stages, tourney time, use that list, friendlies, go nuts and do whatever. MM on NPC for all I care.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Thanks MMM. I have 3 places to checkout tomorrow...er today...er Friday...whatever and if those still suck (because I saw another one today that was way too small), I'll post on craigslist. I'm just weary of craigslist and I'll have to ask Legan and/or Alt-F4 to come with me to check it out but I have considered that ever since you mentioned it.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Sorry, I'm a broke college student/baby's daddy. No internet or tv from me. I get online at school or buddies' houses. Where do you go to get started for competitive online? I will probably be at my parents a lot during break, and they have a wii/cable internet/router.

You can go ahead and add me, and I'll add you when school is over with and at my parents.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
taking all $mm open and am willing to do any amount with my PT

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Pretty much everyone here is interested in this. The list from Kansas (I think) is:

• Affinity
  • Domo
  • KY
    *Yeah, the guy that "quit" :p*
  • Steeler
  • Zeton
  • Holms
  • Mr. Doom
  • Clel
  • Royal Nynja
  • The Real Inferno
  • MJG/Ensis
  • Fino

TP

Smash Master
Milk, I don't think I'm gonna be able to team with you after all. There is a guy who lives on the floor below me who is unbelievably good. He's as good as I am, and I'm just now teaching him DI (which he is picking up very quickly). I'm gonna get him to come and team with him.

HOWEVER, If there are low tier teams, I'll need a teammate for it. I expect someone good, since this is my specialty. Legan?

:034:

Legan

Smash Lord
Milk, I don't think I'm gonna be able to team with you after all. There is a guy who lives on the floor below me who is unbelievably good. He's as good as I am, and I'm just now teaching him DI (which he is picking up very quickly). I'm gonna get him to come and team with him.

HOWEVER, If there are low tier teams, I'll need a teammate for it. I expect someone good, since this is my specialty. Legan?

:034:
I ****in lol'd nice!

Ill consider teaming up with you if we do low tiers

gantrain05

Smash Master
MJG! i want a money match with u, i'll probably lose, but i gotta figure out that toon link of yours lol.

edit: wait we are doing low tiers too? if anyone needs a low tier dubs partner pick me, im beast with low tiers.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Hahah, most def. The lowest tier characters I play decently with are peach/fox. I'm not even sure if they're considered low tier. None of them are as good Mike's ness either.

MetalMusicMan

Pretty much everyone here is interested in this. The list from Kansas (I think) is:

• Affinity
  • Domo
  • KY
  • Steeler
  • Zeton
  • Holms
  • Mr. Doom
  • Clel
  • Royal Nynja
  • The Real Inferno
  • MJG/Ensis
  • Fino

Sweet! Milk, post these in the Kansas section of attendeeszorsz!!!!!

Radium88

Smash Lord

• Affinity
  • Domo
  • KY
  • Steeler
  • Zeton
  • Holms
  • Mr. Doom
  • Clel
  • Royal Nynja
  • The Real Inferno
  • MJG/Ensis
  • Fino
GOOOOOOOOD 5|-|!+ Kansas!! <3

I may have found a new venue and the manager gave me a pretty goood discount. If it checks out when I actually see the room, we may have a winner.

Radium88

Smash Lord
The possible winner is this room:

http://www.emarketing360.com/doubletree/MO/DCSLA/java/hs08.html

It's at a Comfort Inn and if this is as big as I think it is, I'm freaking sealing the deal because the price compared to the other plus services, this place is amazing.

However, it's rented out for Sunday, Melee day. I will ask about the other room they have, although smaller, it still should still fit 30 - 40 people comfortably.

http://www.emarketing360.com/doubletree/MO/DCSLA/java/hs09.html

It looks kind of small in this thing, but I'll check it out in person.

MetalMusicMan

The possible winner is this room:

http://www.emarketing360.com/doubletree/MO/DCSLA/java/hs08.html

It's at a Comfort Inn and if this is as big as I think it is, I'm freaking sealing the deal because the price compared to the other plus services, this place is amazing.

However, it's rented out for Sunday, Melee day. I will ask about the other room they have, although smaller, it still should still fit 30 - 40 people comfortably.

http://www.emarketing360.com/doubletree/MO/DCSLA/java/hs09.html

It looks kind of small in this thing, but I'll check it out in person.
Looks nice! I don't think Melee will need as big of a room so that probably won't be an issue.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
The 2nd room looks ideal for Melee, unless we hype the **** out of it and get like millions of people.

Brawl room looks adequate for the turnout we're expecting.

****ing A Rauleen.

Also, this is common sense, but PLEASE be careful with food/drinks/etc. This venue is on us, mostly Rauleen considering she's paying, but I'm Co TO so I take some responsibility. If you can stay the full time, please stay and help clean up after we're done, it'd be very appreciated.

Radium88

Smash Lord
After conversing with Milk!! and discussing how much this venue is, practically half price of all other venues I checked, we might jsut go ahead and change it to this new venue. It's way better than the other one.

Mr. MMM, MMMM?, could you use your amazing powers of awesomeness and edit the flier? Because I really think this is the place to have the tournament after analyzing the link even more and the fact that it cost half as much as another venue. Same size.

Much obliged.

Get HYPED son!

Top Bottom