• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, I just don't wanna lose Pictochat and Japes. Or Castle Siege, since that was apparently banned at Pound 4.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
What?! I didn't know that. There is no reason to ban Castle Siege, that's just freaking absurd.

Pictochat and Japes I can see as being preferential, personally I don't think either should be banned though.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Metal, he's my team mate, I'm going to be doing the hugging, not you.

I'm not going to respond to Tomacawk's statement, because I just want to arguing to stop all together. All I can say is, you rightfully didn't know he was kidding, and got off to the wrong foot and stuff. So sorry all this happened, lets just make this **** work, k?

No more Brawl>Melee, Melee>Brawl, or any other things similar. Please just use this thread for tourney related discussion and stuff. Also, this weekend, we need to figure out who is coming for sure OoS and Rauleen and I will figure out the best way to arrange housing.

It's about time I lay down the law.

@Cook
If I'm the one running the tourney, those 4 will be on. No questions.

@Future
Our own reigon stage list? We could do some testing and **** like Metal said at his house on controversial stages.

MetalMusicMan

I know they're on for this tourney, I just mean I'd be sad if we took them off for future tourneys.
Castle Siege isn't going anywhere, that would be freaking stupid. I don't see Pictochat or Japes going anywhere most likely. If anything maybe Japes... maybe... but I really doubt it.

Anyway, since we're starting to become a legit location, we should probably get some kind of panel / voting thing setup for player rankings and stages and all that jazz :)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Such a limited stage list at Pound 4? Maybe they saw what Mr. Doom did on these proposed stages and are afraid someone else might do that to them.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I think Picto and Japes are great CPs (even though I hate Japes...haha). Castle Siege, however, always thought would eventually banned. I really don't care eitherway though...just no Mushroomy Kingdom, Ruble Falls, or Wario Inc. Except maybe in the "Silly Stages" tourny, of course. :D

And don't fret guys, I have plenty of HugS (lol) to go around. :p

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Anyone mind giving some updates on housing? IL still has nowhere to stay.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I got a great idea. Let's scapegoat Tomacawk and blame him for our thread sucking, despite our locals being the instigators of everything and spamming useless bull****. Not saying I'm totally innocent but come on. Really?
And I was calling your community "poor" because some of you have proven to be gigantic douchebags before I've even met any of you. I of course don't hold this to be case for all of yall, I'm sure there are some swell people, but you really know how to make people feel welcome at your tournament.
Also, irate? Lol. I'm not sure how you could so terribly misinterpret my mood--I have been nothing further of annoyed.

Peef, I agree with everything you've said in the last page or 2. Listen to logic, not the masses.

Right, you said it here. And how is it clear that you are joking? I've never even TALKED to you before, and you come right out and begin talking **** about a MAJOR aspect of my life--something which has created more passion in me that I suspect you have never known in your life.
Unsubb'ed at this point, there's not really anything for me to gain by seeing/posting in this thread.
See you guys on Sunday, if you're there. I withhold all judgments until I meet people.

also george you're missing this AND smym11? jeeeeeeez man =[
This sucks also. I've also decided I'm going to try my ****ed hardest to make this thing. Since Razor is poopin' out on me I'm gonna need a beer pong partner if there is any. Also, i doubt I'm entering doubles since i play falco. Maybe I'll fire up mah kirby.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yea, the walkoffs mostly. It's not really that bad, I guess, you can avoid it. I don't know, out of the three, I've just always thought it would be banned. Just intuition haha!

MetalMusicMan

Yea, the walkoffs mostly. It's not really that bad, I guess, you can avoid it. I don't know, out of the three, I've just always thought it would be banned. Just intuition haha!
Hah, yeah I guess to me, temporary walk-offs seem inherently less "bannable" than things like the crock in Jungle Japes or "anything" in Pictochat, haha. I mean, you can just camp for 30 seconds and they go away, you know?

I still don't think any of them should be banned though.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Ok, I hope all this drama has subsided because I'm done reading about it. Here is my two cents about it which I haven't been able to post due to other obligations:

People should learn the word TACT and EMPATHY.

TACT: : a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense

EMPATHY: : the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner

As we all know, everyone is different so people don't get everyone's humor or beliefs. If someone makes a joke and someone else gets offended, of course they'll react accordingly which is usually try to explain their stance. If you guys want to keep flaming each other, start another thread. I've already got a lot on my plate trying to keep up with these posts. I don't mind the jokes or whatnots but if it starts up a flamewar, please do it somewhere else.

All Tomacawk did was request vegan cookies which to me is similar to asking for cookies without peanuts or is asking something without chocolate. It was a simple request and I have no qualms with making them. (Btw, I hope you have no food allergies) A joke, that was definitely not very distinct, was made and the thing blew up.

I actually had more but this rant is long enough and I don't want to have to go more in depth with my philosophies. But for realsies, unnecessary drama is UNNECESSARY!

Melee is it's own game as is Brawl but the dispute between them will never subside but please do it somewhere else.

I think next time I host another tournament, I'm just going to open up all the stages. There!

But seriously, isn't there an unwritten rule where if both parties are okay with the stage, they can play on it, even if it's banned??

@ Kel, you're whipped. Fo'shame. Tell her hi for me and hope you guys have fun.

Housing update after I talk to my roommate because I have no clue why Legan said that.

Bonus pot update tba. I need to talk to Milk!

BTW! Did you know the poster has wrong percentages? I didn't realize that until AFTER I've placed them in stores.... whatever.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
This is a TOURNAMENT thread people. If you need to make more than 2 posts to a particular poster that's not about the tournament itself, use PM or take it over to the Social Rooms, that's what they're for.

BTW do you guys have all the Brawl people taken care of as far as housing goes? I just need to house two people from Poplar Bluffs Saturday night yeah?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
@DLA
IL will have somewhere to stay. Rauleen and I will discuss it this weekend in depth more.

@Lixi
Thank you very much. If you didn't notice I posted 4 ****ing time telling people to drop it, but of course, never happened. <3 the internet.

@Rauleen
Mucho gracias. Next time, you and I need to lay down the law harder or something. I tried like 4 times, lol.

@This page
Castle Siege is legit; temp walk offs don't bother me that much, Delfino is one of my personal favorites even, no matter who I'm using. Partly just cause I like looking at it. Japes likes men a lot, but it's whatev. Pictochat is that ****. ;)

:( I miss Sunshine. :'(

Btw taking one more money match for $5.

MetalMusicMan

Yeah, Delphino is probably my favorite stage in the game, it's so pretty and so diverse without ever being too gay or impossible. It's like the perfect counter pick stage in terms of variety and whatnot.

She-Geek

Smash Cadet
I think I'm coming to this for fun, I've been totally out of practice so I wont enter, but I reeeeealllly want to play a ton of friendlies! (and I want to get that discount for being hot lol)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
probably not coming to this anymore. but wichita will still be there! not in full force though, because as i said, i won't be there. :p

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
:'(
Why not Steeler?!
Everyone is bailing now. :( :( :(

Also anyone who knows about Brawl hacks and stuff, could you make me a ZIP file of a code set with Infinite Replays on it, and the files I'll need on my SD card to make it work? Too much stuff going on to get it done myself.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS you should definitely proove WarioWare is legal, I swear its a legit stage.
It actually is, except for everything in the stage.

The reward system involves megamushrooms and is random. The invincibility isn't that bad; you can easily run from a starman most of the time, and with Brawl you almost always get only one hit off at higher % anyway. The health isn't bad either. Megamushroom? Instant death for the opponent with some characters. :\

Also, the "games" involve a subset of skills in Brawl that shouldn't be tested in tournament. Now, could a tournament on Wario Ware be held? Yeah, and you'd get consistent results. It's fine for its own game; it's just deciding a game based off of "who can win wario ware games" is bad form. Similar to playing on stages like Flatzone in that your win/loss is determined solely by one factor.

Similar arguments could be made for pictochat and port town, except port town's cars only hit certain areas and you're always given warning (save for one area where the first few cars don't have hitboxes). Just stay in the safe zones, cars can't hit you. Everything else is risk/reward. Pictochat also has a rhyme and reason to its madness and also has dedicated safe zones, as well as very minor hazards.

But yeah, Wario Ware's platform layout is actually pretty awesome.

Corey you know if we made our own stage list it would end up a lot like ECs anyways (not sure what they use, but it bans a lot I know) I just think we need something that's standard for us and if we voted then we wouldn't have all these dumb arguments every time.

also gay stage tourney should have only banned stages playable ooolololloloololol

plus its not going to happen, we aren't gonna have enough time anyways
Don't ever vote to make a stage list. You get a crappy conservative list or a crappy liberal list every time. There are two, and only two, ways to make a good stage list:

1. Catalog events in the Brawl tournament community and ban stages that repeatedly have an adverse affect on tournaments. This doesn't mean someone says "that's boring" or "that's gay". More like someone wins on his CP every time with character X or it turns into a mini-game (like hyrule temple's circle camping), or the majority of the matches on that stage go to time (bridge of eldin, hanenbow, etc.). The art of banning stages is pretty treacherous, but all in all... just don't do it unless you have to. Like, last resort.

2. (example in midwest circuit east thread) Put stages into groups. Require a certain amount of stages for every event (smashville, battlefield, etc.) and then have a min/max for other groups.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Also anyone who knows about Brawl hacks and stuff, could you make me a ZIP file of a code set with Infinite Replays on it, and the files I'll need on my SD card to make it work? Too much stuff going on to get it done myself.
I got you covered. I'll send you one of my SD packs this weekend sometime.

I've made crazy changes to it since the last update.

MJG

Smash Hero
We should all main MK...My character is tourney viable -.-

ok screw that post, was going through something outside of brawl before I posted it.

Love you all...who wants to give me some good practice at this tourney? I offer help in powershielding *lol*

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I got you covered. I'll send you one of my SD packs this weekend sometime.

I've made crazy changes to it since the last update.
FFFFFF you are my savior!!
I've been trying to get this **** done for awhile.

File Replacement code would be cool too, I wanna' use some bomb *** textures.
Get at me.

AIM or MSN?

MetalMusicMan

We should all main MK...My character is tourney viable -.-

ok screw that post, was going through something outside of brawl before I posted it.

Love you all...who wants to give me some good practice at this tourney? I offer help in powershielding *lol*
I fire lots of lasers and stuff, you can power shield those ^_^

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Weird, when I bought Premmy, my Smashboards ran TERRRRRRRRRIBLE on IE.

Got Firefox again, and it runs fine, YIPPIE!'

Also, new idea.

People who don't get picked for a crew, and want to be in a crew, get at me.
WE CAN BE THE REJECTS CREW.
SUP *******

Radium88

Smash Lord
Weird, when I bought Premmy, my Smashboards ran TERRRRRRRRRIBLE on IE.

Got Firefox again, and it runs fine, YIPPIE!'

Also, new idea.

People who don't get picked for a crew, and want to be in a crew, get at me.
WE CAN BE THE REJECTS CREW.
SUP *******
*Raises hand* only if you have a spot available that is....

Also, since WI backed out and haven't heard from TX, I think Legan wants IL to come to our place. Nicole will still have NE and OK and if TX does still want to come, they can house with her.

How did you change it to "Coolest TO ever".....? I want to have that title....not really. Too much pressure plus we'll see after this tournament... Also, add that bonus pot son!

[Edit]

Might as well add it here:

Payout bonus:

30 entrants $100 bonus
40 entrants $150 bonus
50 entrants $200 bonus
60+ entrants $250 bonus

This is for both brawl and melee. Meaning if there are 30 entrants for melee they get $100 and if brawl gets 50 entrants they get $200 added to the pot. Sorry it's not a lot but I'm basically sponsoring my own event so I am only willing to add depending on attendance numbers. Zomg my kids will be spoiled.... =_=

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I threw the bonus pot info into the OP.

I will update attendance list when I get home from school later.

So, so far, the crew is:
Me
Rauleen.

Get at me *******!

Also, anyone bringing recording equipment, are we still wanting to do LiveStream?

Cause I'm totally down.

I think we need a Mic though. I think PEEF is bringing one, but he's only coming for Melee day.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There are crews?

Edit:

If I come, I can bring a mic or two. Just use Rock Band mics. They're better quality than most.

Radium88

Smash Lord
There are crews?

Edit:

If I come, I can bring a mic or two. Just use Rock Band mics. They're better quality than most.
Hells yesh crews! So if you do come, bring your crew so 5 more people. Also, you can just use those mics? Well I have 2 then, one from RB and another one
from.....American...Idol....

I threw the bonus pot info into the OP.

I will update attendance list when I get home from school later.

So, so far, the crew is:
Me
Rauleen.

Get at me *******!

Also, anyone bringing recording equipment, are we still wanting to do LiveStream?

Cause I'm totally down.

I think we need a Mic though. I think PEEF is bringing one, but he's only coming for Melee day.
Thanks hun!!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
FFFFFF you are my savior!!
I've been trying to get this **** done for awhile.

File Replacement code would be cool too, I wanna' use some bomb *** textures.
Get at me.

AIM or MSN?
I'll just put it together once I have time in Colorado today or tomorrow.

You want me to add character textures? I normally leave them out unless they're requested.

Might as well add it here:

Payout bonus:

30 entrants $100 bonus
40 entrants $150 bonus
50 entrants $200 bonus
60+ entrants $250 bonus

This is for both brawl and melee. Meaning if there are 30 entrants for melee they get $100 and if brawl gets 50 entrants they get $200 added to the pot. Sorry it's not a lot but I'm basically sponsoring my own event so I am only willing to add depending on attendance numbers. Zomg my kids will be spoiled.... =_=
:D :D

TP

Smash Master
Milk, I will gladly join the rejects crew, if you don't reject me. Also, no textures during the tournament itself please. They screw up my concentration. You can have textures while looking at the replays and the textures will still be there.

Top Bottom